Jump to content

Unreleased Prototype Pokemon


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, St. GIGA said:

The odds someone knew how to make custom distribution devices in 2008 are laughable imho. I think it was poorly documented, but then again the shiny-unlocked Spanish d-j Mew was legitimately distributed at the official tcg despite being poorly documented. I view both as legit, same with goruchans.

 

@Sabresite I'll like your advice on what was just mentioned in the post above me ><

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've finally completed the in-game trade project! I forgot that you can just upload files from the user panel, so I guess I saved you the trouble of collating them all, @theSLAYER?  I've actuall

The pk2 structure is identical to the final games. Basically a pk2 looks like this. General PK2 Structure 0x00 0x01 0x01 Species ID 0x02 0xFF 0x03 - 0x32 Pokemon data https://

With all these similar threads, I can't keep track of what was said where. But as I had said last week, I would try to obtain the Shelmet/Karrablast distro rom and then provide its hidden debug Litwic

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, St. GIGA said:

The odds someone knew how to make custom distribution devices in 2008 are laughable imho. I think it was poorly documented, but then again the shiny-unlocked Spanish d-j Mew was legitimately distributed at the official tcg despite being poorly documented. I view both as legit, same with goruchans.

Google "racist Gengar distribution"

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats sad, just googled it. Apparently a nazi probopass also happened, along with haxxed eevee. Also, @HaxAras I don't have the offensive fakemons and nor do I want to be involved with them or be forced to watch someone do the same... Please note they are extinct anyways, and for good reason?

If you want a racist gengar go hack it yourself. The move set is public. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, St. GIGA said:

Thats sad, just googled it. Apparently a nazi probopass also happened, along with haxxed eevee. Also, @HaxAras I don't have the offensive fakemons and nor do I want to be involved with them or be forced to watch someone do the same... Please note they are extinct anyways, and for good reason?

That's what makes them interesting to me. They're a strange bit of Pokemon history. There's tons of blog posts and articles and news stories about them. I have thousands and thousands of Pokemon. So I'm only really interested in the unique stuff. That's why I enjoy this thread so much.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

We have a major issue with this NPower PIkachu.  The one from the PokeSavDB/Emtu is a definite hack.

1) WCID 202 is outside of the known range, and considering its early date, it is doubtful they would have done that.
2) The decrypted PCD shows a pokemon template missing all of the hallmarks of a legit wondercard.  The battle bytes are not filled out and the trash data is missing.
 

There are videos herehere, here, and here where it was clear that nobody had their DS with them.  There was also no sign indicating you can get a pokemon anywhere.


Here is the article by @Poryhack about the NPower Pikachu: https://web.archive.org/web/20090130110629/http://db.pokesav.org/main/?q=01-23-09-NPower-Source-Confirms-Hack

To address the question about distributing your own pokemon, yes it was definitely possible to do at that time.  All you had to do was replace the template in the ROM and stick it on a flash cart.  The first NDS ROM dump was in early or mid 2008, probably Alamo Darkrai. We knew by June or July 2008 how to make our own distribution ROMs.  And in 2009 there was a program made to do it for you.  It was so easy that if you knew the hex offset, you didn't even have to unpack/repack the ROM.  You could just paste the PCD directly and rebuild the checksum.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, St. GIGA said:

the shiny-unlocked Spanish d-j Mew was legitimately distributed at the official tcg despite being poorly documented. I view both as legit, same with goruchans.

I knew about NPower Pikachu issues but I never heard of these events. Seems interesting to search about.

 

Edit: Apparently Goru-chan's Pokemon were  "just" Pokemon (Piplup and Magneton or Magnezone according to the sources) that were traded by him in local trade during Worlds 2009 in San Diego. Unfortunately the only picture I found was broken.

 

Now I'll search about D-j Mew event.

Edited by jojo12100
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sabresite said:

There are videos herehere, here, and here where it was clear that nobody had their DS with them.  There was also no sign indicating you can get a pokemon anywhere.

Nintendo Power 20th Anniversary Party:Meet Chris Hoffman

0:26 - People playing DS'
4:42 - Some young boy walks in front of the camera

3:58 looks like it could be a man with this son. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8_OO6OKPIE

This video shows people at various points playing handheld systems. Skip to 3:51 to see them waiting in line. 

 

So if we can assume it wasn't an adult only party and people DID have DS' there. If we believe the FB post. Could that mean there was an un-announced event and the only one we have is a hacked re-creation of it or would it be more likely that the original was a hack to begin with since it was apparently possible back then?

Saw the article that Sabresite linked. 

"This is probably the biggest hoax since NYC Mew." Anybody know what that's all about?

Edited by HaxAras
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, St. GIGA said:

Thanks, so in order to translate to English readers it's a Spanish distribution of Mew in Generation 1 with random DV so it could be shiny but the one contained in the sav is not.

 

@St. GIGA Do you have pic or other information about Goru-Chan's Pokemon?

Edited by jojo12100
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

Thanks, so in order to translate to English readers it's a Spanish distribution of Mew in Generation 1 with random DV so it could be shiny but the one contained in the sav is not.

 

@St. GIGA Do you have pic or other information about Goru-Chan's Pokemon?

These are the files I have. 

Piplup_goruchan[ゴルちゃん]_38790_8-11-2009_Docile_Strong willed_Japan.pkm

Magnezone_goruchan[ゴルちゃん]_38790_8-9-2009_Lonely_Somewhat of a clown_Japan.pkm

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the only convo I had about it was in RoC's thread. Apparently (mentioned above) it was somebody from Pokemon Sunday who went to I don't know where and was trading Pokemon with kids from different nations. I think the other person said he was trying to trade with people around the age of 13. It's been over a year so don't quote me on any of this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm back, and I brought something with me!

I spent quite some time soft resetting for this, which is the main reason why I stayed away from here for a while, but it finally paid off. What is it exactly?

Well, it's a Shiny New Moon Island Darkrai from DP! I used PokeGen and PKHeX to give me the Member's Card and activate the event in my Pearl game, but other than that no cheats were used. At least it's easier than abusing the tweaking glitch to get there.

I'll contribute it if it's needed for the DP New Moon Island Darkrai section.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Aurum It's look like Pokemon Crystal has also an unused roaming Pokemon: Suicune according to GlitchCity. It could be great to investigate ^^

 

And I still need help for the Unused static encounters of Pokemon XY Scatterbug and Abomasnow, a luma user or an 3DS emulator user.

Edited by jojo12100
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

That's interesting but I don't know how to mod these games.

I've taken a look at HeartGold and SoulSilver and there are no unknown and unused roamers. However, IIRCm data for a roaming Latios exists in HG and Latias in SS. Additionally, the Groudon and Kyogre maps exist in the games where they can't be normally encountered. The game does check a bunch of flags to actually make the Pokémon appear. I'll investigate this...

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jojo12100 said:

It's look like Pokemon Crystal has also an unused roaming Pokemon: Suicune according to GlitchCity. It could be great to investigate ^^

If it's a Suicune, it might just be some leftover data from GS.

4 hours ago, jojo12100 said:

And I still need help for the Unused static encounters of Pokemon XY Scatterbug and Abomasnow, a luma user or an 3DS emulator user.

Well, I do have Citra, but XY doesn't run properly on it. It's the worst-running Pokémon 3DS game, crashing when receiving/catching a Pokémon, getting an item (unless purchasing them in shops) or anything else (roller skates tricks, Chateau ranks, etc), leveling up, teaching a move... I don't know if an emulator user could do that much for you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ruby Genseki said:

If it's a Suicune, it might just be some leftover data from GS.

Well, I do have Citra, but XY doesn't run properly on it. It's the worst-running Pokémon 3DS game, crashing when receiving/catching a Pokémon, getting an item (unless purchasing them in shops) or anything else (roller skates tricks, Chateau ranks, etc), leveling up, teaching a move... I don't know if an emulator user could do that much for you.

 

Yes, Suicune surely must be a leftover from GS but it'll be great if we can get it.

 

Ok so if Citra is bad for that, the only option is Luma. Nobody uses it here, seriously? I mean I can see a lot of ORAS hackrom here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jojo12100 said:

Ok so if Citra is bad for that, the only option is Luma. Nobody uses it here, seriously? I mean I can see a lot of ORAS hackrom here.

I tried to get this done today. But unfortunately I encountered a few problems. I have Luma but for some reason I can't use NTR CFW anymore. I'm currently not sure if this is related to the new Luma/Rosalina or to FW 11.5 not beeing compatible yet. And Citra just refuses to read the patched ROM.

Also by the way Abomasnow is exclusive to Y, in X there's Weavile instead.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BlackShark said:

I tried to get this done today. But unfortunately I encountered a few problems. I have Luma but for some reason I can't use NTR CFW anymore. I'm currently not sure if this is related to the new Luma/Rosalina or to FW 11.5 not beeing compatible yet. And Citra just refuses to read the patched ROM.

Also by the way Abomasnow is exclusive to Y, in X there's Weavile instead.

What? A Weavile? But what does that mean?

I mean Abomasnow from the Ice Cave at lv45 make sense but a Weavile?

Anyway thanks for your efforts, I hope you'll be able to do it soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...