1 minute ago, coltonsmogon said:

See? There ya go, @HaxAras... There's your memories right there LOL

I don't wanna go too off topic. But I need to explain better. I made an AGP save on the "Continue" screen. Every time I hit continue, it just loads whatever save is currently on the Leaf Green cart and not my backed up save. So unless somebody can study the AGP save and extract my Leaf Green data, it's just a tease. Like staring at a burger on the other side of a window. 

9 hours ago, Sabresite said:

If you give me the PID, I can tell you if its one of the widely circulated eggs.

I assume "widely circulated eggs" as the once which I sent you, which also were the once that was on that Japanese website which was taken down more than a decade ago. Actually the events from there were never really widely circulated as you might think. Not many people know much about "files" back then and even fewer people who downloaded the eggs ever came to the English forums. Though those who had the events didn't exactly trade them easily either. (You know the guy who's difficult to deal with) As far as I know, the once in my circle are the only people who has them, which almost all have retired. So nope, I do not think that they are widely circulated. Although @ajxpk did mentioned that Japanese traders today still can easily download the events from somewhere, which I don't know the link of..

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

• Like 1

@Shadowdarkrai1 When he talks about widely circulated he means these are the only japanese files you are trading with.
Which I can confirm. Almost everything in terms of japanese 3rd Gen files that is in the trading scene came from that website...
If they as a "complete collection" are really this widely spread I leave that open...

Regarding the value of these files..
What I said is that since the website you mention was a public site like PPorg which preserved and offered Events for download.
That's why these files have no trade value in Japan. You can compare it with the Events from PKMDB which is a similar story.
Because that site is down as well but the files have gained no trade value netherless.
When it comes to these Japanese files, they might be down but many files traders in Japan (most of them inactive now anyway just btw...) have these files.
So ironically these files have some value here because they're kept scarce, but in Japan they have no value.

Btw. @St. GIGA. I feel honored that you mentioned my name, but I have to say when it comes to Reverse Engineering @Bond697 is our man.
About the Trash Bytes, I already had a theory about it and I confirmed it yesterday thanks to the help of @Purin

Edited by ajxpk
  • Like 1

I used the word loosely because while the eggs themselves are not circulated at all, I have seen lots of clones of them already hatched by various people. You can look at RoCs collection for example.

And yes Purin, pcjp 2003 5th anniv eggs.

Also if the 3rd Gen files from that Japanese website are still available somewhere, I am not aware of where that is.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Sabresite said:

Also if the 3rd Gen files from that Japanese website are still available somewhere, I am not aware of where that is.

And the files are being kept non-public for now?

The funny thing is no one seems to really know anymore what the site was, how it was called and stuff like that.
It has almost become like a myth... and that's actually why I tried to get in touch with people from japanese boards to find out about it...
Without success unfortunately... 

@DannyB01 told me in one of our conversations before that the website was archived.
However other people I asked told me it's not the case... so what is the truth now?  

I think the best chance to get in touch with the people would be to get in touch with the people who were in charge a decade ago.

http://pf.ksrn.net/game/ruby_sapphire/special_pokemon.html

たかさん ・ ともっちさん(くぼいちさん) ・ ウシェさん ・ kmさん ・ Rabbyさん ・ 雛さん ・ 炎さん ・ yamaさん ・ 上海さん

One of these names is たかさん (Takasan), someone with who we're familiar with. He preserved most of the Japanese Mystery Gifts.
So IMO the chances are big that any of these guys know more about this or maybe even was involved in preserving Japanese 3rd Gen Events.
Unfortunately I haven't found any of these people since there are no contact informations like e-mail addresses left behind.

And if someone wants to contact any of those... some japanese skills would be highly recommended. 
I will continue my research but who knows, maybe someone else has more luck than me.

Edit:
Nevermind.

Edited by ajxpk

I remember the website was a private site called Ahiru's WonderLand.
All the most recent downloads were password-protected so it basically was an invite-only environment, contributors only.
You actually had to be in touch with the webmaster via e-mail for every new file, though every now and then he made compilation sets of older files available.

Edit: I joined his site during the Gen 4 era and I think old Gen 3 stuff was available without passwords, but I couldn't remember well.

• Like 1

IIRC @ReignOfComputer has some if not most of the hatched ones in his collection, and some may be in certain versions of @HaxAras and @InsaneNutter's FireRed Event save. Other Egg events may be present. Also, if someone like @shiny quagsire is on GC-Forever or TCRF, can you message Ralf, as he made codes for GoD, Colosseum, and maybe PAL Channel that similar to Taka-san's for GBA, allow events, (in Ralf's Case, Pokemon and not tickets/WC3's) to be injected one at a time into a save. if you are overwriting Agate Celebi, you need to make the first Celebi infinite. I also found out that half of the codes are opposite in shininess to the original Event, so avoid Forced-shiny ones for anything except for Zigzagoon or (Wishmaker/Channel) Jirachi, (PID/IV combos must match to Legit ones), but this may be enough of a clue to restore the original Event pokemon via re-creations, which we can merge into re-created WC3 files with @suloku's tool, and a custom PK3-enabled version of Taka-san's PokePark Egg Present Script, or Suloku's ROM Egg Present Script with PK3 input, with the Egg Flag checkable when needed. This may work on things like Pokepark Pokemon. I was thinking the mew in my Sig would make a perfect Gift pokemon for testing. 

Edited by St. GIGA
covered myself

Cool! @Purin 
Thanks for this information. Who knows, maybe we might even become able to get in touch with the people who downloaded the PCJP03 Eggs...
This would be extremely helpful for this Research, since there are open questions about it... 

@Sabresite told me something that made me thinking...
I mean the fact that these Events are generated using a RTC opens up new questions about legitimacy that hasn't been in 3rd Gen Events before.
The big question is if only the generated Event Pokemon in that official distribution time frame can be seen a legit.
In the case of PCJP03 this would be 23 days and in case of Negaiboshi Jirachi this would be 37 days.
So we could agree that everything above that time frame is illegal.

But what if one of the units was turned on... like for testing purposes... before the actual distribution started?
Questions over questions...

Edit:
One more thing... because I already heard some complains about my words of before.
I DID NOT say the Japanese Collection is worthless... I said I was told that the files having no (or at least not much) trade value in Japan.
It came from people I was asking to trade with.

Just to make that clear. It's something completely different...
I think we all can agree that there are a lot of people here who would like to have these files. 
Also thanks to Purin we also know now that these files weren't as public as some people claimed and that changes a lot.
If it's true this means not everyone had access to these files and that makes a difference.

Edited by ajxpk

http://pf.ksrn.net/webmaster/

I found contact info on the page @ajxpk linked to. 

@St. GIGA I may or may not have some of these Pokemon/eggs. I have a few in gen 6/7. But from the last I remember, none were found publicly or added to the save over on Digiex. 

I also reverse-engineered one from a screenshot so I could collect ribbons on it. That would be this one. And for anybody who wants to whine about legitamacy in this case: I don't care what you think. I'm not trading it, anybody who wants it can reverse engineer it themselves. It's not in your collection so don't worry about it. 

WishBagonA.png

Edited by HaxAras

Thanks @HaxAras
Why not the easy way? So someone with good japanese skills is welcomed to contact the webmaster.
Best would be to know if they know about "あひるのワンダーランド" and if there's any contact data of あひる known. 
What we need to know is... Where did the 5th Anniversary Pokemon Eggs that were offered at the website coming from? Was a distribution cartridge leaked or where they downloaded directly at the Event?
Questions like that...

Edited by ajxpk
  • Like 2

On 4/20/2017 at 9:03 PM, coltonsmogon said:

They would, but the problem is that they have an NDA tied to the distro rom, meaning that they could sue if it ever leaked...

Mind sending @HaxAras his save, @St. GIGA?

How could they sue over publacizing a illegally sold rom whose distro cart was stolen from the distribution site? Should always archive. Original will always be worth something. There's a reason why anyone can download Nintendo World champion chips for NES for free and the last original physical cartridge sold for 25 k

Edited by YoshiMoshi
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, YoshiMoshi said:

How could they sue over publacizing a illegally sold rom whose distro cart was stolen from the distribution site? Should always archive. Original will always be worth something. There's a reason why anyone can download Nintendo World champion chips for NES for free and the last original physical cartridge sold for 25 k

Besides, I'm sure such NDAs have expired. And if this NDA isn't from Nintendo, then it's invalid considering we're dealing with Nintendo's stolen property. Also, that's a good point involving the NWC carts.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sabresite said:

Some of the eggs I have are not conforming to this algorithm. :(  Specifically Teeter Dance Pichu that are not shiny, are coming up shiny.  Not sure what is wrong.

Wouldn't they be shiny only on the original save they were intended for? Wouldn't it work like a reverse Manaphy egg? 

On 4/20/2017 at 7:12 PM, St. GIGA said:

With pleasure. Here is the original 2013 link from digiex in the JPN colosseum bonus disc page on page ~3 http://www.mediafire.com/download/izwcurm38mmflae/1019b_2013_11Nov_17_13-52-35.raw I hope you can understand me not posting it sooner, what with the issues and that.

Whatever that file you linked is, I can't open it. I never posted that before. But something else came to mind. Do you still have my *Private* Pokemon Box save? If it's as old as I think it is, it might still contain my un-modified Ageto Celebi. One of them was generated with out any moves and I later taught it a move so it could be migrated.

Edit: I pulled my SD Media Launcher memory card and found a backup from 2013. I check my 30 boxes of events in one of my gen 6 carts and Black. I can't find a copy of that thing anywhere. 

Edited by HaxAras

Yes, I do have your private save. I also have your JPN Colosseum save, and the English Colos save with the celebi in the pc. I will provide you with the save. Raw memcards are made of multiple saves, so if you want something from a raw save, you need Dolphin Emulator, and then you need to use the memcard manager to extract the normal gci file, before you can open the gci in PKhex or Trigger's PC. http://www.mediafire.com/file/3anepa8ba7v8bzk/Pokemon+Colosseum+Jap.+with+Celebi+in+Party.zip

Pokemon Colosseum - Celebi Received.zip

I secretly worked on it along some other projects whenever I had the time.
And just recently I was looking into it again... actually about Multiboot Roms in general.
I had an idea and I basically just pasted the mb right into the memory which is something I did before, but this time it worked.
So yeah, the full mb goes into the WRAM (0x02000000), but then I also had to make the system realize that it's there and this at the right time.
I admit that it took some tweaks though and a little bit understanding about what exactly happens in BIOS Mode...
And so I was finally able to boot the mb.

In the last hours I already did some tests to see if everything works fine as it should...
Yes it does!

This Error returns when you have a wrong cartridge inserted:
5a54a0dea390b_NegaiboshiJirachi-WrongCartridgeError.png.4e6a402570ed148d637c44d177dd0b4d.png

This is the Error when something is wrong with the save data:
5a54a16f6221a_NegaiboshiJirachi-SaveDataError.png.ed98c1c4d496004bc17145fd2840dce1.png

And this is when you're too early in the game to receive an Event Pokemon:
5a54a3307730f_NegaiboshiJirachi-TooEarlyintheGameError.png.2dd24396f49e5dda6317b0e4860cb69f.png

And this returns when the Team is full:
5a54a40dce60d_NegaiboshiJirachi-TeamFullError.png.719e0bbb7ce82c8d168592032a5e115f.png

Regarding the generation process...
Unlike it was stated in this thread there is no master rom required.
The RTC data in fact comes straight from Ruby/Sapphire and works perfectly. 
To confirm it I was setting my computer back to 01/01/2000 12:00 AM and I got exactly what I wanted.
And while I was at it I waited 1 minute and downloaded another one and repeated it until my Team was full.

So I downloaded 5 Jirachis, the 5 Jirachis of the first 5 minutes so to speak.

Enjoy!

385 - ジラーチ - A89615B6163B.pk3

385 - ジラーチ - BE2696340442.pk3

385 - ジラーチ - 13B616B2F248.pk3

385 - ジラーチ - E946972FE04F.pk3

385 - ジラーチ - FED417ADCE55.pk3

Edited by ajxpk
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Maybe if somebody with "access" to the GBA SDK's multiboot example code could compile a multiboot sender that runs on gba, we could remake the distribution rom. PS, I don't condone piracy.

Edited by St. GIGA