Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 4/5/2017 at 5:51 PM, Purin said:

Yeah, it holds one of the usual berries!
I was using the Japanese distribution rom for which I don't have permission to share, sorry. However, iirc the multiboot binary matches sample0519.bin. There might be special things (i.e. handshake?) going on after the slave boots.

Japanese room has leaked?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want to tell this because I think it hasn't been mentioned here yet.
It appears that the RTC information comes from the Distribution Cartridge, not from the Ruby & Sapphire Games.
In other words, if you want to fix this Distribution Rom you would not only have to create a Master Rom for the sample0519.bin, you would also have to implement SIIRTC_V001 as well. 

Edited by ajxpk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah that is true. recreating a master rom would be a shitshow.

Next step is to test pcjp 2003 eggs (83 of them) and see how many seeds are within the distribution period. Then test the RTC for species/moves.

I have a theory that the pcjp rom was leaked.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first egg is 6 days, 1 hour, 7 minutes (0x2203).  The last egg is 31 days, 22 hours, and 36 minutes (0xB3AC).
The odd eggs out (other trainers) are 26 days, 19 hours, 22 minutes (0x96CA) and 27 days, 20 hours, 5 minutes (0x9C95).

The distribution period is 24 days.  If time zero is the lowest egg, then it encompasses almost every egg.  But is it reasonable to assume the distribution ROM was turned on a week before release date?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, YoshiMoshi said:

Can u find the rom?

If they could, they couldn't link to it here.

Edited by Invader TAK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strangely enough, I theorize that @Purin may have it in their collection along with the Negaiboshi Jirachi cart, as they were around the same time, and may have been in the same lot if they WERE sold as one. Since we do not know if someone besides the egg-dumpers has the cart, or if they have it anymore, we may need @Purin and @InsaneNutter, and maybe even @HaxAras to determine the locations of said cart, and we will also need the folks like @Invader TAK, @Sabresite, and @ajxpk to RE the stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whoops. Sorry about that @Invader TAK, I just misunderstood. As for the 2 roms being on the cart, it is a possibility, but it is slim due to how ALL distribution carts for GBA are single-event except for 10anniv. Anyhow I meant that the carts were possibly in the same assorted lot, with one half going to @Purin, and the rest going to other bidders like the dumpers. I wish @Purin would make at least a boxful of Jirachi, for academic purposes only relating to trashbyte values and the Event gallery. I think @HaxAras should release that one event PKM he has if only for completion purposes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, St. GIGA said:

Whoops. Sorry about that @Invader TAK, I just misunderstood. As for the 2 roms being on the cart, it is a possibility, but it is slim due to how ALL distribution carts for GBA are single-event except for 10anniv. Anyhow I meant that the carts were possibly in the same assorted lot, with one half going to @Purin, and the rest going to other bidders like the dumpers. I wish @Purin would make at least a boxful of Jirachi, for academic purposes only relating to trashbyte values and the Event gallery. I think @HaxAras should release that one event PKM he has if only for completion purposes.

I don't even know which event Pokemon you're talking about. I have more than you might think but I promised not to share them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's all I know. I just know that rarity is important, so no it won't be a good idea to publicize it, only to send it to those that study the data (in particular, Pichu with TD, and the Black JP Charizard). The good news is that I do not have your Pokémon Box RS save file, and even if I did, PKHex on my Mac hates PKBox RS save files. Therefore I have no statistical chance of knowing anything beyond what I read about those 2.    

Also, a neutral word of advice: Try not to be tempted to get A shiny Mew on EN Emerald. It is counterproductive, unless you have another copy in need of a sweeper. Anyhow, I am not asking you to leak it. I only ask you put the save with such valuable Pokémon on an isolated backup drive, so that such rare Pokémon survive the apocolypse. Data can fail randomly. If and when you want to release it, simply send the backup to people like @InsaneNutter. That is, if and when you are allowed to.

Just to inform those who worry, I cannot hack, much less program, and you can hex program in GCN AR Codes, but nothing else, so I would say that a hacking war between us is laughably impossible, same goes for @Purin

Edited by St. GIGA
Covered my behind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, St. GIGA said:

That's all I know. I just know that rarity is important, so no it won't be a good idea to publicize it, only to send it to those that study the data (in particular, Pichu with TD, and the Black JP Charizard). The good news is that I do not have your Pokémon Box RS save file, and even if I did, PKHex on my Mac hates PKBox RS save files. Therefore I have no statistical chance of knowing anything beyond what I read about those 2.    

Also, a neutral word of advice: Try not to be tempted to get A shiny Mew on EN Emerald. It is counterproductive, unless you have another copy in need of a sweeper. Anyhow, I am not asking you to leak it. I only ask you put the save with such valuable Pokémon on an isolated backup drive, so that such rare Pokémon survive the apocolypse. Data can fail randomly. If and when you want to release it, simply send the backup to people like @InsaneNutter.

I don't even know what that shiny black Charizard was to be honest. I think it's probably just a fake or something. The Teeterdance Pichu, I don't even know if it's real or not so I never released it anywhere. 

My private Pokemon Box save just holds a bunch of old dupes (after I made my living dex), random worthless legendaries, some egg move Pokemon, my living dex, my personal shinnies and random 'special Pokemon'. Like my Comp. team for the Battle Tower, Mt.Battle Johto Starters, etc. I made all my personal events public. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@St. GIGA, I already know how the trash bytes work.  I don't really want to give away too much because it will be used in legality analysis in the future.

As for the teeter dance pichu, it is probably a PCJP 2003 egg.  If you give me the PID, I can tell you if its one of the widely circulated eggs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MmKay. I do recall someone did leak a similar save somewhere else, but I have NO idea who... Hmmm. Maybe try @InsaneNutter's special site, and go back in time Many years... I don't know  how the save got there, all I know is that it had one half-corrupted JP GoD save by the name of TEVAN, and a bunch of NTSC saves. Maybe it was leaked, I just know that a Memcard collectors dream is floating around, perhaps hacked out of someone's cloud site. I have no idea if that is true, for all we know, it could be a personal raw memcard save someone swapped for a single game GCi file. I do know that Trigger's PC liked it, which is how I know the insides, and that it had LeafGreen and Ruby AGP saves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, St. GIGA said:

MmKay. I do recall someone did leak a similar save somewhere else, but I have NO idea who... Hmmm. Maybe try @InsaneNutter's special site, and go back in time Many years... I don't know  how the save got there, all I know is that it had one half-corrupted JP GoD save by the name of TEVAN, and a bunch of NTSC saves. Maybe it was leaked, I just know that a Memcard collectors dream is floating around, perhaps hacked out of someone's cloud site. I have no idea if that is true, for all we know, it could be a personal raw memcard save someone swapped for a single game GCi file. I do know that Trigger's PC liked it, which is how I know the insides, and that it had LeafGreen and Ruby AGP saves.

I want you to know how painful this is. I've spent many years trying to distance myself from that wretched name. That would be my legal name. That's what doesn't make sense though. I haven't used that name since 2009 and all my saves since 2010 (Including my OG XD: save) have my chosen name, HaxAras. 

I don't know about the Fire Red and Leaf Green saves either. Anything that old though. I shared my private Pokemon Box save with Insane Nutter and somebody else a couple years ago. I asked them not to share it. 

I've uploaded a ton of random BS to Mediafire. Maybe somebody downloaded some of my saves (most of them hosted here or on Digiex.) Anything old enough to use that infernal name would likely be hacked or sketchy. I also shared a Fire Red living dex with a swine and his friend. Maybe they leaked it. I used to use a lot of Action Replay to get shinnies and walk through walls and catch Battle Tower trainer mons, etc. So that's likely what the save is full of. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Sabresite said:

@St. GIGA, I already know how the trash bytes work.  I don't really want to give away too much because it will be used in legality analysis in the future.

As for the teeter dance pichu, it is probably a PCJP 2003 egg.  If you give me the PID, I can tell you if its one of the widely circulated eggs.

That is fine. Do not leak his pichu without consent from him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, HaxAras said:

I want you to know how painful this is. I've spent many years trying to distance myself from that wretched name. That would be my legal name. That's what doesn't make sense though. I haven't used that name since 2009 and all my saves since 2010 (Including my OG XD: save) have my chosen name, HaxAras. 

I don't know about the Fire Red and Leaf Green saves either. Anything that old though. I shared my private Pokemon Box save with Insane Nutter and somebody else a couple years ago. I asked them not to share it. 

I've uploaded a ton of random BS to Mediafire. Maybe somebody downloaded some of my saves (most of them hosted here or on Digiex.) Anything old enough to use that infernal name would likely be hacked or sketchy. I also shared a Fire Red living dex with a swine and his friend. Maybe they leaked it. I used to use a lot of Action Replay to get shinnies and walk through walls and catch Battle Tower trainer mons, etc. So that's likely what the save is full of. 

Yikes! I had no idea if it could ever have been yours, and I am deeply sorry it exists. Apparently it contained your Pokémon box save as well, but it was not labeled as such. It had your English GoD save on it, which oddly enough had the name HaxAras, and it was included with non-Pokémon games, plus a time stamp of 11/15/12 on the RTC. When I used trigger's PC, I saw your Pokémon box save inside, which was identical to your descriptions, including missing Pokémon. I am deeply sorry that it  had the misfortune of being a leak, and that I have it. I hate to say this, but I think instead of uploading a gci on one of your early memcard save dumps, you accidentally leaked your entire memory card due to hitting the wrong button in gcmm. Sorry it had to end like this. Thankfully I have no clue about reading agp saves without one, so the ruby and leaf green saves are safe. Sorry that the save leaked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, St. GIGA said:

Yikes! I had no idea if it could ever have been yours, and I am deeply sorry it exists. Apparently it contained your Pokémon box save as well, but it was not labeled as such. It had your English GoD save on it, which oddly enough had the name HaxAras, and it was included with non-Pokémon games, plus a time stamp of 11/15/12 on the RTC. When I used trigger's PC, I saw your Pokémon box save inside, which was identical to your descriptions, including missing Pokémon. I am deeply sorry that it  had the misfortune of being a leak, and that I have it. I hate to say this, but I think instead of uploading a gci on one of your early memcard save dumps, you accidentally leaked your entire memory card due to hitting the wrong button in gcmm. Sorry it had to end like this. Thankfully I have no clue about reading agp saves without one, so the ruby and leaf green saves are safe. Sorry that the save leaked.

Are you serious!? This is amazing new. I think I uploaded my entire memory card to MediaFire, not a problem. That Leaf Green save though. I want my save back! Advanced Game Port is like a GBA Action Replay/ GameBoy Player that doesn't do either well. I backed up my Leaf Green at the menu. When you write a 'snapshot' of your save to a cart, you have to save in game 2 or more times before it will even take. The thing is, I made my snapshot at the menu and every time I load up the game, it loads the current save file or a new save (If there isn't one.) I was hoping to find somebody who could extract it since that Leaf Green save is my OG save file from Dec.2006. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, YoshiMoshi said:

Disagree should be publicised to archive it.

They would, but the problem is that they have an NDA tied to the distro rom, meaning that they could sue if it ever leaked...

 

1 minute ago, HaxAras said:

Are you serious!? This is amazing new. I think I uploaded my entire memory card to MediaFire, not a problem. That Leaf Green save though. I want my save back! Advanced Game Port is like a GBA Action Replay/ GameBoy Player that doesn't do either well. I backed up my Leaf Green at the menu. When you write a 'snapshot' of your save to a cart, you have to save in game 2 or more times before it will even take. The thing is, I made my snapshot at the menu and every time I load up the game, it loads the current save file or a new save (If there isn't one.) I was hoping to find somebody who could extract it since that Leaf Green save is my OG save file from Dec.2006. 

Mind sending @HaxAras his save, @St. GIGA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, coltonsmogon said:

They would, but the problem is that they have an NDA tied to the distro rom, meaning that they could sue if it ever leaked...

 

Mind sending @HaxAras his save, @St. GIGA?

I'm pretty sure I have it somewhere. I just have many memory cards and several Advanced Game Port files on my computer. But unless somebody can check the save and find my save file, it might as well be lost. The save is nothing special, just nostalgic memories. My ID got changed, name got changed, items and money were hacked, PC was empty, etc. Has a bad egg. I was gonna see of I could use save editors to clean it up when I found out AGP and my own stupid mistake lost me my save. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, coltonsmogon said:

They would, but the problem is that they have an NDA tied to the distro rom, meaning that they could sue if it ever leaked...

 

Mind sending @HaxAras his save, @St. GIGA?

With pleasure. Here is the original 2013 link from digiex in the JPN colosseum bonus disc page on page ~3 http://www.mediafire.com/download/izwcurm38mmflae/1019b_2013_11Nov_17_13-52-35.raw I hope you can understand me not posting it sooner, what with the issues and that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...