Done and built already!
I actually made a lot of progress today and it was much easier than I thought.
I borrowed a familiar interface for it:

AGBJ.pngNegaiboshi Jirachi received.png

Out of respect, I would be kinda interested to know what @Purin has to say? 
I mean I don't want to take anything away from him if he wants to contribute...
Otherwise all the credit goes to me this time. :)

Edited by ajxpk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@ajxpk

Did you edit an already available distro ROM or did you somehow make this one from scratch? Either way, nice work! This'll come in handy for the distros lost to time (provided they use the same generation method as distros we already have access to).

@Invader TAK: It's a generic master rom called AGBJ-01.
I like this one because it's pretty standard and has the BIOS logo colors. And also it's cool because it's easier to observe the communication between the GBAs. It was used for BGF Zigzagoon and propably others too. I completely forgot that @Deoxyz deserves some credit too. Without him I wouldn't have this rom in the first place. So... thank you for that...

@Purin Sure, but I would also really like to know what's the difference between what you have and what I have rebuilt now. If you like we can talk via pm if you don't want to share it here.

@St. GIGA: Yeah, I was already talking with him today. I think it's just a matter of time until everyone can enjoy it. It really isn't that difficult btw. and also just between you and me, you were more close to it than anyone here with your rom including the menu. Today I also tried to boot the mb with your menu and the funny thing is there is actually a way to do it without loading a Pokemon rom, because the only thing the mb checks is the rom header, apart from that it only cares about the save file. 

Edited by ajxpk
  • Like 3

@ajxpk

I just had an idea. Could this be done to get the remaining 6 MYSTRY Mews with their proper trash bytes? If not, it's fine. This is a VERY exciting development.

That reminds me, how ARE the trash bytes handled with your rebuilt distros? Are they 1:1 with the trash bytes on Pokemon from the official distros or no? If yes, then the only distros we'd need are the European Eon Ticket and Aurora Ticket.

Edited by Invader TAK

No, sorry. And there is no hope regarding MYSTRY Mews Trash Bytes. 
I don't even know what kind of memory it exactly is other than that it is thumb code. And btw. it's a pretty dynamic one!
So these trash bytes are based on real time data during the moment the Mews were generated.

Btw. one thing I can tell you already is that I didn't changed anything about the mbs.
They're untouched and fully functional. So what you get with these mbs is legit.
The only thing that's not original is the master rom that sends the mb.
But even this one is close to being untouched. 
I only changed what was necessary.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ajxpk said:

No, sorry. And there is no hope regarding MYSTRY Mews Trash Bytes. 
I don't even know what kind of memory it exactly is other than that it is thumb code. And btw. it's a pretty dynamic one!
So these trash bytes are based on real time data during the moment the Mews were generated.

Btw. one thing I can tell you already is that I didn't changed anything about the mbs.
They're untouched and fully functional. So what you get with these mbs is legit.
The only thing that's not original is the master rom that sends the mb.
But even this one is close to being untouched. 
I only changed what was necessary.

Shame about the MYSTRY Mews. Oh well, figured I'd ask.

Now hopefully you can get as many multiboots as possible (since they're ALL that's needed from the original distro ROMs). Ones I'm hoping for include ROCKS Metang, SPACE C Deoxys, 10 ANIV Celebi and the European Eon Tickets.

@ajxpk This totally took me by surprise. You and I were just talking about these Jirachi multiboots in private last week I think, about my dream to make a GBA version Wishmaker. I had no idea we were so close. I'm even more overjoyed that we can now generate Negaiboshis too! I am curious though about the difference in appearance between this and the original Negaiboshi rom, as in, does it use this same generic master as BGF Zig, or rather something different. Considering this being one of the earliest events, I don't expect it to look like the 10ANNIV, etc.

This is probably the most enjoyment I've had since I dumped the 10ANNIV and Aurora rom. I think the stress of obtaining Aura Mew made it a less enjoyable experience, regardless of how happy I am to have it. Of course, us obtaining the remainder of the boxed 420 Mystery Mews was quite a unique and interesting experience.

I suppose we can't rebuild anything else for the time being without actual multiboot files. But that's basically impossible without possessing the actual roms (unless we can get our collector friends who could thoughtfully consider sharing the mbs, since they don't want to share the original roms). While hacking 10ANNIV/Aura MBs looks like it will be nearly impossible, it would be nice to theoretically recreate all it's variants that use the same algorithm/seeding, eg the 10ANNIV language variants, Doel Deoxys, etc.

Edited by Deoxyz
  • Like 4

On 1/9/2018 at 3:02 PM, Invader TAK said:

Yeah, hopefully the collectors who aren't willing to share the full distro ROMs will AT LEAST be willing to share the multiboots.

I honestly don't think it would hurt them or any of their concerns, be it the value of the original they hold, and/or promises with Ninty empoyees not to share, etc. No need for paranoia, as it's not the full original rom, rather providing what is necessary to create our OWN versions.

But I respect whatever decisions our collector friends would make, we're in no position to demand.

Edited by Deoxyz
  • Like 2

@ajxpk Technically Meteor Jirachi and Wishmaker have no restrictions. (Meteor has zero, Wishmaker is restricted to those who own the disc.) So yeah, Meteor should be fine to release. It will make the fans happy to be able to own a cut event of their own. @Deoxyz

@

Edited by St. GIGA

So what's the difference between what was build and what Purin has?

Many thanks for rebuilding these ROMs! Why were these files on the Pokemon Colosseum Bonus disc anyways? Are there similar files on the Japan Pokemon Colosseum Bonus disc?

What programs are you guys using to analyze these files?

Thanks.

14 minutes ago, YoshiMoshi said:

So what's the difference between what was build and what Purin has?

Many thanks for rebuilding these ROMs! Why were these files on the Pokemon Colosseum Bonus disc anyways? Are there similar files on the Japan Pokemon Colosseum Bonus disc?

What programs are you guys using to analyze these files?

Thanks.

1) The multiboot that gets sent to the receiving GBA is identical. Only likely difference is the distro rom having the UI/Master that was used from Shiny Zigzagoon, but we don't know for sure what the original looks like. It's up to Purin whether or not he wants to share details.

2) Probably left over from beta testing. Started with copying Negaiboshi, made METEOR, but finalized with WISHMKR. Leftover files from beta testing isn't new, eg if you remember the debug Bulbasaur and Shiny Litwick from some of the Gen V roms. Japanese Colosseum Bonus disc doesn't have any multiboots, iirc, it just enables an in-game event for Celebi to join your party, iirc.

3)Hex editors

Edited by Deoxyz

Probably for testing mbs. And it's likely that they copied data and some functions. Why it was there exactly I don't know but I'm glad it was. Sometimes it's done one purpose, I know that because I was close with game designers. It's a way to put your signature on something and gift someone who is curious about your work.

• Like 1

Regardless, it's nice that the Negaiboshi multiboot is on the North American Colosseum Bonus Disc. One less Japanese multiboot we need to get from collectors.

Oh I just remembered something. Did you guys grab the CHANNEL Jirachi multiboot from PAL Channel?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Invader TAK said:

Oh I just remembered something. Did you guys grab the CHANNEL Jirachi multiboot from PAL Channel?

OH! I think I have Channel's equivalent of pokedownload.tgc(different name) somewhere, not sure. That's definitely one we should do.

Edit: Nevermind, I think I was just remembering it being mentioned in a discussion once...  Though, I don't know much about CHANNEL Jirachi. It did send via multiboot, right? Or wasn't it more like Ageto Celebi?

Edited by Deoxyz
  • Like 2

What could possibly be a reason for TEMPORARILY holding back a distro rom that has no restrictions on it? I'm guessing it has to do with the collector @Purin bought Negaiboshi from, or NDA on SDK code???

Just now, St. GIGA said:

What could possibly be a reason for TEMPORARILY holding back a distro rom that has no restrictions on it? I'm guessing it has to do with the collector @Purin bought Negaiboshi from, or NDA on SDK code???

Yeah, he promised he wouldn't share it.

@St. GIGA If you're talking about the recreation roms, ajxpk said he would share them, I think he just wanted to verify some things first. It will happen soon, give him the time.

Edited by Deoxyz
  • Like 2