Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


ajxpk last won the day on September 10 2019

ajxpk had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

540 Excellent


About ajxpk

  • Rank
    Let’s Go!
  • Birthday 01/01/1988

Recent Profile Visitors

11864 profile views
  1. Because I have been asked about this a few times, yes I know about the CoroCoro Mews who have surfaced on twitter. These two... It's really hard to tell if they're real or not, but realistically I think it's very unlikely. Especially since they were both obtained without proof and they weren't even received firsthand. All of the CoroCoro Mew were distributed in really low numbers, even at WHF4 there were just about 700 Mew, it's still a very low number. So how big would be the chance that they're real? Just for comparison... we know only very few Space World '97 Mew, althou
  2. I wished so too... At least it's a clean Lv. 15 Magikarp, which confirms the Level. It kinda makes sense, since a normal Magikarp learns Tackle at Lv.15. Everyone expected it would be Lv.5, otherwise I would have guessed it could be Lv.10 to match with the card... Also... this could be hint for what the OT Name might could have been. There are some strange missspells like マツ instead of instead of ます. Later I noticed this other page... The guy in the middle is イマクニ?(Imakuni?) and the person on the left is "マツモト教授" (Professor Matsumoto), representing the タマムシ大学 (T
  3. Thanks for the screens. So what I realized is that the Rom is just mimicking the look of the Pokémon Blue in a similar way the Pokémon Machine 2 Software does it with Ruby & Sapphire. This also means that the software could be something different than what we might expect. At least it’s clear that the Gold & Silver Version is the same software, the Pokémon is still looking to the right like in Gen 1, it’s still the same text box obj from the Blue Version and I know this is hard to see but the bg palette is still the same as in the Blue Version, most importantly the ID is still d
  4. Yeah, exactly. It displays the ID as 6 numbers instead of 5. Cool screen! Ready for Round 2? You need to zoom in a little, it’s a bit harder because of the blurriness, but it’s the best image of the Japanese version we have to make a good comparison... Why not making a screen for this too?
  5. Interesting. They called it "Download Machine" in Germany. In Japan they were just called "Machine". By the way... There's something about the software I noticed previously... Let's play a game and see who can find the error. Round 1 One hint: It's not about Mew, pay attention to the details.
  6. Good to have it confirmed now. I have added it to the first post.
  7. Just wanted to point out that the .pk1 file was altered, it has a terminator added after the OT Name. This was done by PKHeX and is a bug I pointed out a few years ago, it never got fixed. The only way to get it untouched into your game at this point is trading it from another game that has an untouched ゲーフリ/GF Mew. Edit: The untouched version is here
  8. This is something I discovered before, the original default name that was selected for the Player is RED. In the Japanese games every name has a length of 6 bytes, while the English games are a little bit inconsistent, a named Player/Rival has a length of 7 bytes, default names and the Pokémon names have a length of 11 bytes. So in the English games when you select RED as your name the game copies this as your Player name: 91 84 83 50 60 6B 67 50 89 80 82 R E D A S H J A C When we look at the Mew Trading App Restore Point the name was overwitten with 7 bytes, same a
  9. I would be very surprised if Nintendo Power, an official magazine from Nintendo of America, would have used an unlicensed hardware/software instead of just using their own debug hardware and software. lol I agree that this Mew wasn’t generated like the Machine Mew, since the Trainer ID appears randomly generated. Otherwise it would mean that this Mew was the 24145th NINTEN Mew they generated beforehand, a very unlikely scenario. If I understand this correctly, this picture was made before Mew was distributed in the US which reminds me on the ゲーフリ(GameFreak) Mew from the initial revea
  10. Couldn’t have said it any better than @Deoxyz. It’s kinda impossible to recreate something that you don’t know how it works... we can only make assumptions based on Pokémon Machine 2 which is the successor of the first Pokémon Machine 1. What we would need is not only a piece of software but also the customized developer hardware that was used to make this event possible. I already have a theory how the events were done and coded but never can say for sure. We can only hope that the said hardware and software wasn’t destroyed and preserved by someone.
  11. Definitely legal from the initial seed to the created Pokémon. I’m not 100% confident though that we can get this program run so that it generates. I’m working hard on the newer AGB version and then we’ll see.
  12. What a miracle! @Sabresite and I have keen interest in reverse engineering these! This is truly a dream come true! Thank you! You guys are amazing!
  13. Yeah that’s because the Mew Mission is the 4th bit flag, which adds 0x8. Bit 1: Manaphy Egg Mission Bit 2: Deoxys Mission Bit 3: Celebi Mission Bit 4: Mew Mission
  14. Very interesting! Thanks! The hex value 0xF translates to 0b1111. Each bit represents 1 mission. 0x1 + 0x2 + 0x4 + 0x8 = 0xF
  • Create New...