Gen I - V Event Contributions Thread

theSLAYER

24 minutes ago, YamiM said:

Took some pictures while I wait for the tools. The battery LIVES! And yep, we did get it to 100.
EOp3MLhX0AEhgfj?format=jpg&name=360x360

EOp3LUWX0AAdUDZ?format=jpg&name=360x360
Also, gotta' ask, would this Mew be considered legit by Poketransporter?

Yay battery lives!

sadly no, only the one that has name GF will be legal via transporter

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so I got the GB01, dumped the ROM, dumped the save, and, uuuuh---

unknown.png

Biggest oof.

However, I was able to open the corrupted .sav file in PokeHex and see that some Pokemon were intact, but others weren't. It seems like some Pokemon were transformed into species they shouldn't be. I'm not sure how to go about fixing the save, maybe somebody here can help? I've attached the save in this post.

Pokémon Blue Version.sav

Edited by YamiM

29 minutes ago, YamiM said:

Okay, so I got the GB01, dumped the ROM, dumped the save, and, uuuuh---

unknown.png

Biggest oof.

However, I was able to open the corrupted .sav file in PokeHex and see that some Pokemon were intact, but others weren't. It seems like some Pokemon were transformed into species they shouldn't be. I'm not sure how to go about fixing the save, maybe somebody here can help? I've attached the save in this post.

Pokémon Blue Version.sav 32.04 kB · 1 download

as far as I can tell, only box 2 and your party contained real pokemon?
Where was Mew located? I could be a simple thing and fix the species data, or a more tedious thing and it's all wiped. Yikers.

• Like 1

I am pretty sure that Mew was in Box 1, as I moved it there last time I used the save prior to dumping. If not, then it was in Box 2. Using Hex I could not find any Pokemon with moves matching the screenshots I took, and none with the OT being DENMARK.

2 minutes ago, YamiM said:

I am pretty sure that Mew was in Box 1, as I moved it there last time I used the save prior to dumping. If not, then it was in Box 2. Using Hex I could not find any Pokemon with moves matching the screenshots I took, and none with the OT being DENMARK.

image.png.af2c54ed0975b877274962a7b55deeed.png

I don't know enough about recreating .pk1(s), but this looks like it's a Mew to me.

• Hahaha 1

38 minutes ago, Gridelin said:

image.png.af2c54ed0975b877274962a7b55deeed.png

I don't know enough about recreating .pk1(s), but this looks like it's a Mew to me.

if I'm not mistaken, the chain of OTs is not in the same offsets as the Pokemon data tho (for gen 1)
But if I'm not mistaken, trainer names are further in the file, so maybe that's a good sign.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, YamiM said:

I wish I could do more to try and fix or recreate it, but I don't know anything about Pokemon save structure, even though I have used hex editors in the past.

@Gridelin maybe search for it's moves instead? The moves are together with the mon data.

As for @YamiM, I mainly refer to sites and their documentation for their offsets.
In Gen 1's case, I would refer to this

• Like 1

EVs probably don't matter much as I don't remember what we fought. I checked the Japanese Space World Mews distributed via the Mew machine, IVs seem to not be identical between individual Pokemon given out.
I posted about the save on the Discord chat to see if we could get extra help, I'll try looking into the save structure to the best of my ability.

Okay, sorry for double posting, but I managed to look through the save data and recreate the Mew faithfully, complete with correct IV and EV stats, thanks to the position @Gridelin pointed out and some help from @SadisticMystic and @ZappedAmpharos on the Discord.
unknown.png

Here's the full Mew hex data.
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

And here's my recreation in Rhydon, since it was a gen 1 specific editor.
So yeah, recreated from the hex data, here's the Mew Machine from my Pokemon Blue save data!
This Mew's been through a lot. When I was a kid, one of my friends stole it through Pokemon Stadium, but thankfully he reluctantly traded it back to me. If he didn't I would've had no way of archiving it.

[Edit: Mew file removed to avoid confusion.]

Here's also the save file that I fixed by deleting the corrupted Pokemon, and injected Mew back into. Gonna' reupload the save to my cartridge.

Pokémon Blue Version.sav

Edited by YamiM
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, maf said:

Any one have the files for Gen 4 daisuki club magikarps. There were 5. specifically looking for 07076 magikarp

We have some daisuki but I don't have a way of verifying any of them. All I know is that they were wondercards that were generated and received by staff to do the GTS.

The PID/TID/SID/OTG are static and there are potentially multiple variations.

I'd suggest removing all other "fake" pkm files of this mew, to avoid confusion.

The one posted above contains the full data found in the savegame. Even though corrupt, the mew data was intact and I can confirm it matches a mew machine distribution.

The mew has been in gold/stadium 2, so it doesn't hold the item anymore.

Edited by suloku
  • Like 4
  • Hahaha 1

Again, thanks a lot for extracting it! Also means I can properly re-insert it back into my cartridge, haha.
I removed my own Mew recreations from the thread as you suggested.

Edited by YamiM
  • Like 1

Hello,
I've been redirected here by the guys from CEAL. I used to play Pokemon on my old gameboy and I got to participate in the Spanish Pokemon Championship in the summer of 2000 in Madrid (in the Amusement Park). I think those events where held worldwide that summer because I remember the final took place in Australia. During the championship we were allowed to get a Mew from Nintendo, the only way to get one without the using glitches or exploits.

Back then I also owned a Bungy Gameboy Xchanger so I was able to download the savefile before the battery went dead. As a result I've got a savefile with a L5 Mew with Id number is 01495 and trainer name EUROPE. If you guys are interested I could gladly send you the file, this is a direct dump from my Spanish Pokemon Yellow, 100% legit and haven't been transferred to any other game (I played crystal in japanese so I couldn't send it over).

Those days I also got a save file on an Australian msg board with an Australian Mew. I uploaded the save file to my pokemon red and used it play. This Mew is most likely legit but i put moves on it and raised it to level 100. Id number is 20824 and OT is NAL (I'm assuming it stands for Nintendo of Australia maybe?).

If you guys are interested in any of the Mews I'd be happy to send them over. I kept the save files just in case and I hope it could serve some purpose. I even read that it was possible to use a 3DS with a custom firmware and upload the old save files into the 3DS and then transfer to Pokemon Bank and Pokemon Home!

Regards,

PS- I posted previously on the link the person from CEAL suggested but I think this would be more appropriate.

Spanish Mew.png

Edited by ryuko2002
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, ryuko2002 said:

If you guys are interested in any of the Mews I'd be happy to send them over. I kept the save files just in case and I hope it could serve some purpose.

Hello, we would love to have your save files posted here.

I even read that it was possible to use a 3DS with a custom firmware and upload the old save files into the 3DS and then transfer to Pokemon Bank and Pokemon Home!

Well, being a cartridge distribution it wouldn't be legal because there's no way to transfer to GEN3+ with a real cartridge, but you can transfer it with PKHeX. I'm not sure if that Mew would pass through Pokémon Bank.

I used to play Pokemon on my old gameboy and I got to participate in the Spanish Pokemon Championship in the summer of 2000 in Madrid (in the Amusement Park). I think those events where held worldwide that summer because I remember the final took place in Australia. During the championship we were allowed to get a Mew from Nintendo, the only way to get one without the using glitches or exploits.

That Mew was distributed using a Mew Machine? Do you have any certificate? Any info about the distribution itself would be good too. :)

Edited by XxPhoenix1996xX
  • Like 3