• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is the new Safari be located at?
3 - Entrance to the new Safari Zone, accessed by Cianwood City.

It's the area West of Cianwood. It looks like there is a pretty big area BEFORE you enter the actual Safari Zone (which is the area that looks like six squares). The sign outside the cave in Cianwood says "the entrance to the path to the Safari Zone."

I'm planning on labeling a map to show the locations of all the new stuff, for those that aren't sure.

kris12k4, this is a speculation thread...

Hmmm... well, now that there's the safari zone, I think they'll be able to include more pokemon like houndour/houndoom before Kanto by sloppin' them into the Safari Zone. They may also put the headbutt tree pokemon in the Safari Zone and not include honey trees. And they may even make the pokedex bigger to accommodate for more pokemon that are available in the safari zone.

Hmmm... well, now that there's the safari zone, I think they'll be able to include more pokemon like houndour/houndoom before Kanto by sloppin' them into the Safari Zone. They may also put the headbutt tree pokemon in the Safari Zone and not include honey trees. And they may even make the pokedex bigger to accommodate for more pokemon that are available in the safari zone.

Well, I don't know how they can make the PokeDex any bigger. Johto's original Dex was all the known Pokemon at that time, and they for sure aren't going to put any Hoenn or Sinnoh (besides select 4th Gen evolutions of 1st and 2nd Gen Pokemon) into the game before you get the National Dex.

From what little info we have on the Dex, it has been increased by 5 (the new evo's that evolve by level up when they have a certain attack in their moveset). That currently makes the max Dex #256. Making it any larger is not needed, though including the Johto Pokemon that are only found in Kanto (almost oxymoronic isn't it?) would be a nice bonus.

And Floot, while I kinda agree, since this is just one less thing a wishful "less watered down" Kanto should have had, I don't really care where it is as long as it is included. This just leaves more room for something new in the abandoned Safari Zone building in Fuchsia. Maybe a Pal Park for those who weren't ready to buy a DSi? The HGSS GTS (should be in Goldenrod though)? Perhaps something else new and cool? or maybe they just left the empty building... -.-

I rather have something new and cool (as well as being something I'd use,...no contests please.) in its place, but if they were to opt to just have it be an empty building, I rather them have a Pal Park, even though I have Pal Parked everything I'll ever need by now.

Official site update!

Here's some things that were updated on the official site today.

- Arceus event: They've updated the Arceus HGSS info to include the steps and results that were already showcased on Oha Suta and Pokemon Sunday...

- Story: They've included the screenshots of the dockhouse and the Magnet Train and acknowledged that you can go to Kanto.

- Characters: Professor Oak! They've included artwork for Prof. Oak and explained that he is the professor that you receive the Pokedex from. Kurt was also included, and it just explains that he is the one who will make Pokeballs out of Apricorns.

- Legendary Pokemon: This section has been updated to show the full artwork of Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza (instead of just silhouettes) and shows screenshots of their lairs with the floor designs and a shot of the encounter with them. They are all at level 50 as was already revealed.

- Tools: (A page was added for the Apricorn planter, the portable device that you grow Apricorns in. It simply says that you can grow Apricorns anywhere and any time. You plant them by touching the dirt and water them to keep them from drying up. Then you can get more Apricorns.)

It turns out the Planter is for berries. I wasn't paying attention. See http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showpost.php?p=47709&postcount=1113 here for more info.

There is a page detailing Apricorns and it only gives two examples of their use: making Pokeballs and making Apricorn Drinks. It also confirms that you keep your Apricorns in an Apricorn case (so Apricorns will not be tradable to DPP, for more than obvious reasons). It also confirms that Apricorn trees will be as they were in GSC; one Apricorn each day. There appear to only be seven Apricorns (one for each Pokeball type) as there are only seven in the Sugimori artwork, and only seven slots in the Case. They also give a little details on the Apricorn Shaker which makes Drinks out of Apricorns in order to increase the Pokethlon stats of your Pokemon. There is also a section detailing the new (old) Pokeballs from GSC and includes their new Sugimori artwork.

Update: I looked up the old GSC info and it turns out there were only 7 Apricorn types back then, also. The other items you got from the trees that gave you status/HP recovery hold items were called Berries even back then. No word yet on if HGSS will have the same Berry types as DPP. Update: HGSS will have the same berries as DPP.

- Safari Zone: It gives mostly the same info that has already been released. You can customize the layout of the new Safari Zone and send it to friends. It also says that in the area called "Safari Zone Gate" (the area to the south of the main zone) there are various stores. The machine you use to customize the Zone appears to be in the entrance building. It also says that doing this will change the Pokemon that are encountered. There is artwork for Sandshrew (also appears in a screenshot), Rhyhorn, and Tauros, so it's likely that they are present in the Safari Game.

- National Park: Same info that has already been announced. There is artwork for Paras, Pinsir and Scyther.

- Pokethlon/Poke-athalon: There are a few more details about the new games.

Circle Push: Each circle has a number. You get that many points for being in the circle. So, it's good to stay in but push others out.

Break Block: A Pokemon's Power and Stamina will determine its ability to break the blocks.

Change Relay: A long relay race that tests Stamina and Speed.

- Battle Frontier: Not a long of info... even the artwork is simply re-used artwork from Platinum's Frontier. It says there are various facilities in the Frontier Front, including move tutors! You can use your BP from the Frontier to buy the services of these tutors.

- PokeWalker: There's a hook cradle that you can use to hook the Walker onto your belt or wherever.

A lot of this information has been released elsewhere already, but it's good to get the real details from the official source, as well as clean screenshots and the new artwork.

Edited by Guested
clarification

We've already kinda discussed that in multiple topics related to the event. Fly is the obvious choice based on the art, but the Balloon Pika has appeared in promotional art before for no apparent reason when no Flying Pika was given out. We'll have to wait and see.

SPECULATIONSSS!!!

Would time capsule make a return?

Since they are trying so hard to replicate GSC while maintaining new factors,

Will they give time capsule a return?

-Either wireless compatibility between GBA/SP wireless adapter to DS/DSL/DSi

(this may be due to the fact that DSi has no Slot 2)

-Trade with the party pokemon of the GBA cart (uses Slot 2)

(Though Time Capsule may be pretty unlikely)

PAL PARK

Regardless of the inclusion of Time Capsule,

I believe that PAL PARK will now take over the empty old SAFARI ZONE

(though you have to agree with me that it is kind of far into the game)

The Safari Zone becoming a Pal Park has been brought up before, but as for it being too far into the game, not really. The Pal Park in Sinnoh wasn't available until after you beat the game/Elite 4. After you beat the Elite 4 in Johto, you can head to Kanto, and you already have all the HMs and high leveled Pokemon to easily make your way there in a couple of minutes if you do nothing but head straight there (its only like 2 towns: Vermilion->Saffron->Celadon->Fuchsia).

Pokemon Sunday aired, fairly boring and nothing new really. It showed the overworld animation for picking Apricorns (the tree shakes a couple of times and the Apricorn pops into the air off the tree, and onto your character sprite). It then showed Kurt and the Apricorn Ball sprites, as well as how the Apricorn Shaker works to boost your Pokemon's stats for the Pokethlon. It finished up with a little bit of info on the Berry Planter, though I don't remember if they just showed a bit of it, or if it was a demonstration of how it worked.

-----------

New trailer on the official site. First glimpse of the outside of Kanto, as well as a few Johto things we hadn't seen, such as the inside of Pokemon Centers.

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/special/hgss/special/movie.html

Click the bottom movie option.

For those interested, the new stuff in the trailer that has been added to the official website has some stuff on Kanto (like Dante just said).

The last part of the video shows a small bit of video footage of:

-the player boarding the Magnet Train

-the Magent Train traveling East (to Kanto)

-the player battling a Clefairy in a cave (presumably Mt. Moon, since that's the only place it was available in GS... it's also not in the Johto dex)

-entering Pallet Town from Route 1

with the tag: "And the adventure continues..."

The music playing throughout this portion of the video is the HGSS version of the Route 1 music.

Another interesting note:

The video has a section on the PokeWalker that wraps up with some info about the Yellow Forest event.

When demonstrating the mini games, it seems like it is using footage from that course because the player encounters a Pikachu with the Pokeradar game. But here's the interesting part: for the ItemFinder game, the player finds a Light Ball. This could mean that it may be possible to find Light Balls in the Yellow Forest, but it could also mean that they can be found in another course... something to think about.

My theory on the balls is that they'll Zero out to pokeballs mostly due to the unlikeliness that the sprites were pre-set into D/P/Pt. Platinum maybe, but not D/P. Also with the whole holding of the Apricorn Pokeballs, I think it'll merely drop the item in the middle of the trade or convert it into a basic pokeball. Most likely the former, but who knows. It'd just make sense to have the item be randomly dropped during the trade. They could even have an animation of the item being dropped off into the bag before the trade goes through. At any rate, those are my theories regarding the pokeballs.

Also, there has been a rumor that the Frontier will be Identical to Platinum's. My hope is that maybe, just maybe it'll be a possible remake of Emerald's Frontier... I can dream, I know. Maybe when the Crystal Remake comes out (If at all), they'll do that do appease the fans. I miss me some Battle Pike, I do. :/

Also, there has been a rumor that the Frontier will be Identical to Platinum's. My hope is that maybe, just maybe it'll be a possible remake of Emerald's Frontier... I can dream, I know. Maybe when the Crystal Remake comes out (If at all), they'll do that do appease the fans. I miss me some Battle Pike, I do. :/

I am hoping to some of the Emerald type facilities. The Battle Pike for one thing was quite enjoyable, having to think where to go to avoid the trainer or face him. No matter how unlikely it is i would enjoy to have a giant Arbok.

On a side note:

Well i heard the rumor and i hope not. If it is the same that will be a mistake for Nintendo. It should be more than just a fountain, that should be renovated...

My theory on the balls is that they'll Zero out to pokeballs mostly due to the unlikeliness that the sprites were pre-set into D/P/Pt. Platinum maybe, but not D/P.

Well, there are some areas of the PKM data that are unused, so more than likely they will assign the HGSS ball to one of those areas, and if it is a new ball, assign a Poké Ball to the DPPt ball area. That would create an interesting continuity issue, but it seems like the only way to retain the new ball information.

Also with the whole holding of the Apricorn Pokeballs, I think it'll merely drop the item in the middle of the trade or convert it into a basic pokeball.

When you try to trade the Griseous Orb from Pt to DP, it just disappears completely. That's probably what will happen with the new HGSS items too.

Maybe when the Crystal Remake comes out (If at all)

That's just silly. I don't see it happening.

EDIT:

New news! Filb.de has reported Nintendo's (new?) dedicated page for HGSS, and just from pseudo-reading the Filb page (as I don't really know German), I can tell that:

A) The Battle Frontier is indeed a clone of the Frontier in Platinum... including Wi-Fi features.

B) The Global Terminal, again, is just like the one in Platinum, and the building is located in Goldenrod City (AKA Kogane/Dukatia City) in Johto.

C) The Wi-Fi Plaza is featured in this game. Unfortunately from the screen, it appears your Pokémon will not be walking with you:

wi-fi_gameimg6.jpg

FYI:

I didn't catch any other info. Anyway, it's interesting that all this is coming out but still no mention of the Pal Park.

Edited by codemonkey85