Pokémon Black and White Translation Project v3 (Project is complete!)

randomspot555

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to bother anyone, but I still have this issue:

"Just updated, but when I try to play the game (I'm at Arti's gym), it freezes whenever I press the honey-colored buttons or when I try to exit the gym. I was forced to downgrade to v3 just to play it. Any help?

This is on emu, DesMuMe v.96 x86."

Im sorry again, but anyone who uses emulator can help me in my doubt:

Does anybody knows if when i upgrade my translation version (like V3 to V4) i can still use my saved game with the new translations?

Thanks!

Yes, just rename your rom or save file to the same name as each other.

Well here is a clip I recorded that will show you what I mean.

http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l202/Espeon777D/?action=view&current=GlitchClip1.mp4

I really don't know if it was a glitch or what. Oh and this is with the V1 patch the one right after the beta release since I wanted to wait for everything to get done and I don't know if that maybe triggered it.

I really don't know if it was a glitch or what. Oh and this is with the V1 patch the one right after the beta release since I wanted to wait for everything to get done and I don't know if that maybe triggered it.

That is most certainly a noteworthy glitch. xD If it was Maggyo who got hit, I'd be worried even more since ground is never effected by electric. xD Still, lovely glitch to add to the Important Fixes list.

Tried going through the Battle Subway and it froze immediately.

Using Akaio 1.8, Patch V4, and Rudolph V2. I'll look around for a solution.

It's working fine for me but I am doing the singles section. What part did it freeze at?

Edit - Just got a freeze / crash on the 8th round in singles, I am using the Kata patch with black + rudolph's union room fix (patch ver. 2) but it could have been a one off (I hope so).

It was a blue screen crash.

Edited by Silent Storm

Is it because of the patch though that triggered that Glitch or was it the game itself?

Eh...it's hard to say really. I don't think the patch could re-wire the gameplay mechanics like that but, anything's possible at this point. Hopefully, someone with coding/patching knowledge will clear this up or at least shed some light on the situation.

Someone was complaining about the EXP patch on mac as they couldn't us e an exe, and seeing as windows is not free, I can't ask them to install it just for this project. So I canverted the EXP patch for black and white to .patch files. Hope this helps those that can't use the exp patch, and reduces the desire for them to obtain pre-patched roms, which is bad. I TAKE NO CREDIT FOR THESE! THESE ARE THE SAME PATCHES FROM THIS THREAD, ONLY CONVERTED FROM EXE TO A .PATCH FILE! I don't want any credit, just please lot this as an option to help mac/linux users.

Black EXP Patch

http://www.mediafire.com/?xa3358k425psrch

White EXP Patch

http://www.mediafire.com/?6hx16siqmwqdak7

Eh...it's hard to say really. I don't think the patch could re-wire the gameplay mechanics like that but, anything's possible at this point. Hopefully, someone with coding/patching knowledge will clear this up or at least shed some light on the situation.

Well I tried using an electric move with a wild Pokemon on it's pre-evolution and it said it was not very effective and I had it use the same on me and it was not very effective so im not sure why when I battled that pokemon ranger in the Sekka Wetlands that it said Super Effective and did a big chunk of damage.

Well I tried using an electric move with a wild Pokemon on it's pre-evolution and it said it was not very effective and I had it use the same on me and it was not very effective so im not sure why when I battled that pokemon ranger in the Sekka Wetlands that it said Super Effective and did a big chunk of damage.

Then it just might be a glitch from the patching. Unless you are using AR/CB codes to edit the game. Then that could be clashing with the patch job and whatever else you are using combined. Who knows, at this point.

It's working fine for me but I am doing the singles section. What part did it freeze at?

Edit - Just got a freeze / crash on the 8th round in singles, I am using the Kata patch with black + rudolph's union room fix (patch ver. 2) but it could have been a one off (I hope so).

It was a blue screen crash.

Yep, it was the blue screen crash for me too. How unfortunate.

The changelog said that some of shippou city (third city) was translated, but i've gone through every building here and it's all in nihongo, besides nurse joy (which doesn't count). I downloaded V4 for white both old style and new. neither had it translated so maybe the wrong patch was uploaded?