Pokémon Black and White Translation Project v3 (Project is complete!)

randomspot555

which narc and txt are the wifi and union room located?

The different Union Room/Nintendo WFC dialogs appear to be all over the place. The narcs you are looking for are:

\a\0\0\2 <- This is the main narc.

\a\0\0\3 <- this is the story narc.

As for the text files...

For the main narc: (\a\0\0\2)

Nintendo WFC: \0000\0209.txt

NPC inside Union Room: \0000\0200.txt

Union Room trading dialogs: \0000\0157.txt

For the story narc: (\a\0\0\3)

NPC inside Union Room: \0000\0463.txt

NPC inside Union Room Battling Arena: \0000\0156.txt AND \0000\0157.txt

As you can see, it is a bit confusing. Different aspects of the Union Room are in each narc. Since there appears to be a lot of duplicate text, I'm not sure which one is being used. To be safe, when I translate things that exist in both narcs, I update them both. Much of the text is exactly the same.

I have much of it, but not all of it, translated on my git. Look at the files for both repos and you will see what I mean.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The different Union Room/Nintendo WFC dialogs appear to be all over the place. The narcs you are looking for are:

As for the text files...

For the main narc: (\a\0\0\2)

Nintendo WFC: \0000\0209.txt

NPC inside Union Room: \0000\0200.txt

Union Room trading dialogs: \0000\0157.txt

For the story narc: (\a\0\0\3)

NPC inside Union Room: \0000\0463.txt

NPC inside Union Room Battling Arena: \0000\0156.txt AND \0000\0157.txt

As you can see, it is a bit confusing. Different aspects of the Union Room are in each narc. Since there appears to be a lot of duplicate text, I'm not sure which one is being used. To be safe, when I translate things that exist in both narcs, I update them both. Much of the text is exactly the same.

I have much of it, but not all of it, translated on my git. Look at the files for both repos and you will see what I mean.

yeah, it seems they are. but thanks for taking the time and doing em. hope you do more : D

BTW, is your GIT the Translation Patch version 7 with a couple translation tweaks? and were there other translations done in the GIT?

My GIT was forked after Version 7 was released. It doesn't have anything from other repositories. So it has everything from Version 7's release, plus Nintendo WFC and the Union Room are partially translated. I really haven't touched anything else.

the TXT list you gave me, was that all the Union and WFC room narc txt listing that you've translated or are there more?

wait so the WHOLE thing is translated? even the TV text and wi-fi messages? must try this for myself!!!!

EDIT: aww I guess they ditched the project. no wi-fi until 2011 :(

Congrats on reading the first 3 posts, dude.

I'm going to close this thread. I'll re-open it or start a new one if Kaarosu or another translator decides to continue the translation.