Pokémon Black and White Translation Project v3 (Project is complete!)

randomspot555

Okay, so I've been reading around a lot and is it pretty much decided that we can't play the V4 with the exp patch if we have a mac?

Because I have a mac and I can download the prepatched V4 black, but I can't gain exp and when I try to do the exp patch the app I use, "Multipatch", doesn't recognize the .patch file.

..sooooo am I SOL? :(

You need to use Rudolph's Child's Play patch on the clean rom first. Afterwards, take the patched CP rom & re-patch it with Version 4. It's on the first page. Edited by randomspot555

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyways, I edited to fix any misunderstandings that may be causing since that was more of a 'props to vg for translating the story that has yet to be implemented into the game' sort of thing.

Edited by randomspot555

It's a community effort... the general public are the ones translating the game... It's not like they get paid to this, so you should be appreciative of it... otherwise, wait until Next Year when Nintendo releases the Official Version.

You need to use Rudolph's Child's Play patch on the clean rom first. Afterwards, take the patched CP rom & re-patch it with Version 4. It's on the first page.

Yeah, I know that. But Rudolph's patch won't work on a mac (correct me if I'm wrong) because it's an exe file so it can't be opened and the directions say to drag the clean .nds and drop it on the patch.exe, but if you do that on a mac...nothing happens lol. Am I just a noob and doing something wrong? Or what?

Honestly, I would have no prblm playing the game in Japanese, but I can't find a working JAP rom for Desmume. All the ones I've found have this weird tendency (and it could just be my Desmume??) to lock on a directional button. If that makes sense? Like the first one I've found gets stuck moving upwards as if I'm holding down the up button, but I'm not. And it sounds so minute, BUT IT RUINS THE F***ING GAME! trust me. Yes, Imad. :cool:

Help?

this weird tendency (and it could just be my Desmume??) to lock on a directional button. If that makes sense? Like the first one I've found gets stuck moving upwards as if I'm holding down the up button, but I'm not.

Happened to me a couple times. I think it's an emulator issue.

People, I'm currently working on Fukiyose City, so if anyone feels like doing that, I'm doing it :P

EDIT: Done :P

http://github.com/Rykin122/Pokemon-Black-White-Story-Translation-Files/blob/master/0000/0112.txt

EDIT2: Also did the Gym.

http://github.com/Rykin122/Pokemon-Black-White-Story-Translation-Files/blob/master/0000/0113.txt

Niceeeeee. I'll finish up the Hodomoe City stuff and then the Thunderstone Cave in a few hours.

So! I signed up to github and did the forky thing, ready to get a-translatin'!

Then I realised I have no idea how to work it.

How do you work it?

EDIT: OK, currently working on 0022 in the story. Shippou Museum and Plasma's heist.

Edited by Pieguy

People, I'm currently working on Fukiyose City, so if anyone feels like doing that, I'm doing it :P

EDIT: Done :P

http://github.com/Rykin122/Pokemon-Black-White-Story-Translation-Files/blob/master/0000/0112.txt

EDIT2: Also did the Gym.

http://github.com/Rykin122/Pokemon-Black-White-Story-Translation-Files/blob/master/0000/0113.txt

your 112 file is missing a line of stuff >__>

Just updated, but when I try to play the game (I'm At Arti's gym), it freezes whenever I press the honey-colored buttons or when I try to exit the gym. I was forced to downgrade to v3 just to play it. Any help?

This is on emu, DesMuMe v.96 x86.

I just want to say everyone is doing an awesome job

But wouldn't it be better to get a completely translated battle and other stuff like that before the story cause the only confusing part in the story is after you beat the seventh gym and even that is easy to figure out if you just fly everywhere

I just want to say everyone is doing an awesome job

But wouldn't it be better to get a completely translated battle and other stuff like that before the story cause the only confusing part in the story is after you beat the seventh gym and even that is easy to figure out if you just fly everywhere

The battles will probably be last, since we already have a script for the main story. The main focus is getting the script inserted, and then finishing up everything else.

ok, Xtrude, which one do we change, since i found the buried underground text:

\xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 burrowed its\xfffeway under the ground!
The wild \xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 burrowed\xfffeits way under the ground!
The foe's \xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 burrowed\xfffeits way under the ground!
\xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 burrowed\xfffeits way under the ground!

Show's up twice in the file?

I'll get Dig and change one of them. What would be the correct for the move?

Edit:

0016.txt, 539-544

It's lines 542-544 that are supposed to be for Shadow Force. The last 3 lines you have here.