Pokémon Black and White Translation Project v3 (Project is complete!)

randomspot555

Maybe I did not explain myself properly. I don't have any complaints or anything like that. I'm just saying that the line "(vgboy) Complete Story...Thanks" gives the impression that the whole story has been inserted into the game. That's at least how I understood it. I just suggested to clarify to which part there is English translation in game.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me preface this by saying that I follow this project and support it fully and will do whatever I can to further it. I've started a new game on v4 and I know that most of these items are mostly meaningless, but for whole completion's sake, I listed them. I'll update this as I get further into the game, unless of course this is not something that is desired by the folks in charge of the translation project.

UNTRANSLATED AS OF VERSION 4

------------------------------------------

[interface]

• Trainer card: the saying/motto at the bottom
  • Pokemon Summary: Top screen, after the Pokemon's level and the 2 lines following
  • Options: "IR Report" options are still in Kanji regardless of language selected

[Kanoto Town]

• Prof. Aragagi's Lab
    • Green bookcase
    • Trashcan

[*]Your House

• Floor 1
      1. Filing cabinet
      2. Television
      3. Bookcases (3)
      4. Trashcan
      5. Mom's dialog (after Town Map event) Should be something about resting your Pokemon I think, and then a 'Now they're rested' dialog.

[*]Floor 2

1. PC's text: "Fighting requires knowledge to do. If you don't how, just learn it! Battling answers all your Questions. So just go Battling!" is in English but needs refining.

[*]Bel's House

• Floor 1
      1. Bookcases (4)
      2. Trashcan
      3. Filing Cabinet
      4. Television

[*]Floor 2

1. Filing cabinets (2)
      2. Bookcases (2)
      3. Trashcan

[*]Cheren's House

• Floor 1
      1. Bookcases (4)
      2. Filing cabinet
      3. Television
      4. Trashcan
      5. Dad's dialog (just prior to Route 1 event) ..."I don't want anything to happen come visit again sometime!" is in English but needs refining.

[*]Floor 2

1. Bookcases (5)
      2. Trashcan
      3. Television
      4. PC's text: "menu's" should be "menus"

[*]Events

• Pokedex event: 'Acquiring the Pokedex' dialog

[*]Mistranslated?

• After the Town Map event, your mom tells you that your room is all tidy now, etc. Yet if you return to your room, it is still a mess.

[Route 1]

• Araragi's Demonstration: When the Minezumi uses an attack on her Chillarmy, it says "The foe's Minezumi uses..." even though it is a wild Pokemon.
  • 4-way Call: All of Araragi's dialog
  • Text Overflow: "Cheren:...Looks like we're supposed to mee[t] the professor up ahead." (Just prior to Karakusa Town)

[Karakusa Town]

• Trashcan

• Pokemon Center
    1. Bookshelf
    2. Globe
    3. Wi-Fi NPCs (Left to Right): First still speaks mostly Japanese, second and third talk about a Spiky-haired Pichu?

[*]Team Plasma Event Text: Overall needs major refining with grammar corrections and line breaks. Some of the errors:

1. "We make them battle everyday and we teach them nothing,but violence!" needs a space.
    2. "What our intetions are, mean no harm to any of you!" needs refining and misspelled.
    3. "Let them be free and let this continous violence stop" needs refining and misspelled.
    4. "They have been though enough." misspelled.
    5. "I will be going now, do whats right!" missing an apostrophe.

[*]Meeting N:

1. "My name is N" needs punctuation.

From here on out, there seems to be a plethora of grammatical errors. Instead of listing them all, is there a way that I can edit the dialog? I'm sure that there is, but I don't exactly know where to find the scripts. And I am sorry if it was stated somewhere that some of the items I've listed are not being bothered with or something to that effect. Being as how there are 3 seperate threads with thousands of posts in the first 2, I can honestly say that I know I've not read everything. Thank you all for doing this!

Let me preface this by saying that I follow this project and support it fully and will do whatever I can to further it. I've started a new game on v4 and I know that most of these items are mostly meaningless, but for whole completion's sake, I listed them. I'll update this as I get further into the game, unless of course this is not something that is desired by the folks in charge of the translation project.

From here on out, there seems to be a plethora of grammatical errors. Instead of listing them all, is there a way that I can edit the dialog? I'm sure that there is, but I don't exactly know where to find the scripts. And I am sorry if it was stated somewhere that some of the items I've listed are not being bothered with or something to that effect. Being as how there are 3 seperate threads with thousands of posts in the first 2, I can honestly say that I know I've not read everything. Thank you all for doing this!

Very nice post layout. I'll fix up this stuff by the end of the day.

Edit: Can someone translate:

0462.txt, Story Git, all TV based dialog.

0008.txt, Story Git, Bookselves + Garbage Can + Cabinet and others.

Edited by NSSVelocity

Github works fine for me.

hmm... >__> then for some unknown reason it will not allow me or my boyfriend write anything to the github >___> i see only one option and well its going to suck >__>

edit: ok everyone please be calm with me, i have to wipe my git hub project so, i will be back and running in a few hours, as soon as i get my stuff in order, also NSSVelocity, you have my rough projects from my main and storyline gits yet?

2nd edit: ok, i found out i can write to the main git files of mine and my boyfriend can do the same, but we cannot edit our storyline git files

When I was teaching my pokemon new moves, sometimes the name of the move wouldn't show up when it askes me to replace it. It didn't do it with all moves but I decided to test all of them to see which ones where causing problems.

Screenshots to show what I am on about.

1-1.png or 2-1.png

Below is a list of all tms / hms that has their text cut off. There are some that are missing cause I don't have them yet / don't have a pokemon that can learn a move but I think it's safe to say that it's like this with all tms / hms.

TM 02 - Dragon Claw

"Should a move be deleted and be

replaced (no text and question mark after this)"

TM 03 - Psycho Shock

TM 04 - Calm Mind

replaced with (no name of the move and question mark after this)"

TM 06 - Toxic

replaced with ?(the name of the move is missing before before the question mark)"

TM 08 - Bulk Up

TM 10 - Hidden Power

TM 13 - Ice Beam

TM 15 - Hyper Beam

replaced w (the word "with" cuts off and no name of the move and question mark after this)"

TM 17 - Protect

TM 26 - Earthquake

replaced wit (the word "with" cuts off and no name of the move and question mark after this)"

TM 28 - Dig

replaced with Dig (no question mark after Dig)"

TM 29 - Psychic

TM 30 - Shadow Ball

replaced wi (the word "with" cuts off and no name of the move and question mark after this)"

TM 32 - Double Team

TM 35 - Flamethrower

TM 36 - Sludge Bomb

TM 38 - Fire Blast

replaced w (the word "with" cuts off and no name of the move and question mark after this)"

TM 39 - Rock Tomb

replaced wi (the word "with" cuts off and no name of the move and question mark after this)"

TM 45 -Attract

TM 46 -Thief

replaced with ?(the name of the move is missing before before the question mark)"

TM 50 - Overheat

replaced wit (the word "with" cuts off and no name of the move and question mark after this)"

TM 54 - False Swipe

TM 56 - Fling

TM 57 - Charge Beam

TM 58 - Free Fall

TM 61 - Will-O-Wisp

TM 61 - Will-O-Wisp

TM 62 - Acrobat

TM 65 - Shadow Claw

TM 65 - Shadow Claw

TM 70 - Flash

TM 71 - Stone Edge

TM 72 - Volt Change

TM 76 - Bug Opposition

TM 78 - Level Ground

TM 82 - Dragon Tail

TM 83 - Cheer Up

TM 84 - Poison Jab

TM 86 - Grass Knot

TM 91 - Flash Cannon

TM 92 - Trick Room

HM 01 - Cut

replaced with Cut (no question mark after Dig)"

HM 02 - Fly

replaced with Fly? (this one was fine when tested on my Zekrom, but you might want to look at it)."

HM 03 - Surf

HM 04 - Surf

HM 04 - Strength

HM 05 - Waterfall

Different Pokemon show different results, but in the end, some text is cut off.

The last message also doesn't make much sense, instead of:

replaced with [TM / HM Move]?"

Replace with this message, or just remove the word "be" and everything will makes more sense :):

"Should a move be deleted and

replaced with [TM / HM Move]?"

Also, after the Union Room lady says she hopes she enjoys my stay in the union room, a random text box with a ? mark appears before I start walking to the elevator, maybe look into that also?

Zekrom's ability is spelt "Terra Voltage" not "Tera Voltage".

It seems like from patch v2 to v4 ,the option for "fight" doesnt show and the game would not allow you to use the touch screen and buttons for some reason which i think it freezes the game.. .. so whenever you enter a battle either trainer or wild, you would freeze... =/

I need your help, NSS...

\xf000ȅ\x0001\x0001

\xf000Ȉ\x0001\x0001

\xf000Ȉ\x0001\x0002

What are those values...

I seriously don't know them...

Although, \xf000Ȉ\x0001\x0002 seems to be money...

But I still don't know the others...?

The problem is, they can be different based on the text, what file is it in?

Hi, im new to all off this but why when i go to the union room and talk to the people do they say something about a spiky eared pichu and not let me in? ive put the patch on and atuff but they just dont let me in. Oh and also when i try to patch the rom using the new patch and a clean rom on delta GUI it just makes a file called PokÚmon Black_patched but its empty it has nothing in it.

thanks in advance :)