Pokémon Black and White Translation Project v3 (Project is complete!)

randomspot555

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I really don't know, how that fork-thing works overall, I just post here what I've found (in case of already-done-by-now just ignore it =P )

I used this file I found on first 3 posts, so I guess it's the most recent version.

16-23 (It's not very effective...):

\xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 \xfffeis not very effective...

The wild \xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 \xfffeis not very effective...

The foe's \xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 \xfffeis not very effective...

\xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 and \xf000Ă\x0001\x0001!\xfffeare not very effective...

The wild \xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 and \xf000Ă\x0001\x0001!\xfffeare not very effective...

The foe's \xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 and \xf000Ă\x0001\x0001!\xfffeare not very effective...

\xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 and \xf000Ă\x0001\x0001 and \xfffe\xf000Ă\x0001\x0002!are not very effective...

The wild \xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 and \xf000Ă\x0001\x0001 and \xfffe\xf000Ă\x0001\x0002!are not very effective...

The foe's \xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 and \xf000Ă\x0001\x0001 and \xfffe\xf000Ă\x0001\x0002!are not very effective...

should be...

It's not very effective against \xfffe\xf000Ă\x0001\x0000...

It's not very effective against \xfffethe wild \xf000Ă\x0001\x0000...

It's not very effective against \xfffethe foe's \xf000Ă\x0001\x0000...

It's not very effective against \xfffe\xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 and \xf000Ă\x0001\x0001...

It's not very effective against \xfffethe wild \xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 and \xf000Ă\x0001\x0001...

It's not very effective against \xfffethe foe's \xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 and \xf000Ă\x0001\x0001...

It's not very effective against \xfffe\xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 and \xf000Ă\x0001\x0001 and \xfffe\xf000Ă\x0001\x0002...

It's not very effective against \xfffethe wild \xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 and \xf000Ă\x0001\x0001 and \xfffe\xf000Ă\x0001\x0002...

It's not very effective against \xfffethe foe's \xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 and \xf000Ă\x0001\x0001 and \xfffe\xf000Ă\x0001\x0002...

256-273 (burn status):

just want to let you know you use both 'burnt' and 'burned'.. one form should be better.

771-773 (U-Turn / Volt Change):

\xf000Ă\x0001\x0001 went \xfffeback to \xf000Ā\x0001\x0000!

The wild \xf000Ă\x0001\x0000's \xf000Ā\x0001\x0001 \xfffewent back to normal!

The foe's \xf000Ă\x0001\x0001 went \xfffeback to \xf000Ā\x0001\x0000!

should be...

\xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 went \xfffeback to \xf000Ā\x0001\x0001!

The wild \xf000Ă\x0001\x0000's \xf000Ā\x0001\x0001 \xfffewent back to normal!

The foe's \xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 went \xfffeback to \xf000Ā\x0001\x0002!

858-860 (Trick Room):

\xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 has \xfffedistorted space-time!

The wild \xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 has \xfffedistorted space-time!

The foe's \xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 has \xfffedistorted space-time!

should be...

\xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 has \xfffetwisted the dimension!

The wild \xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 has \xfffetwisted the dimension!

The foe's \xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 has \xfffetwisted the dimension!

1008-1010 (Focus Sash / Focus Band):

\xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 used \xf000ĉ\x0001\x0001 \xfffeto Mochikotaeta in!

The wild \xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 used \xf000ĉ\x0001\x0001 \xfffeto Mochikotaeta in!

The foe's \xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 used \xf000ĉ\x0001\x0001 \xfffeto Mochikotaeta in!

should be...

\xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 used \xf000ĉ\x0001\x0001 \xfffeto hang in!

The wild \xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 used \xf000ĉ\x0001\x0001 \xfffeto hang in!

The foe's \xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 used \xf000ĉ\x0001\x0001 \xfffeto hang in!

The fourth gym is doing reaaallly weird for some reason...

EDIT: After a turn, it says: The foe's JANOBII goes back to HADERIA. But I was fighting to a EMONGA from Kamitsure... And just when I use my HIYAKKI it says: The foe's JANOBII goes back to HIYAKKI or The foe's JANOBII goes back to 000??????????00????????.

Edited by Kiekoes

Is there a remedy for the incredibly annoying and frustrating Battle Subway freeze? Someone a few posts ahead of me said it has something to do with the names. Will it work without freezing if I change the language to Kanji before going to the Subway? I'm lucky so far, with 28 wins in the Super Single Line. I don't want to keep going and have it freeze on me :(

im curious. i know u guys r using vboys translation, so r a few people on the team focusing on their own respective towns or city and them merging them together? or r u guys just translating as u go. i would really love to help but alas i have no internet (using my dsi browser now)

It's been stated many times. Please don't use no$gba as it's out of date and has issues with many of the newer games (and almost always this translation) I found DSume to work every time for me flawlessly, but feel free to try others.

Edit, sorry if that sounded rude, I need to choose words more carefully in the future.

Hello! I am new here (made this account just for this project) and appreciate everything you guys have done here. I would like to help edit the in-game story text, but I have no experience in programming besides an online class in Visual Basic:confused:. So basically, if someone would tell me instructions on how to do it and what programs needed (note I am on a restricted computer (school-issued laptop) so installing things on the computer is impossible, but if it is just a program I can put on a flash drive, I can do it) I will try to help out.:biggrin:

On a side note, for any users out that on Desmume (what ever latest version is), does your game slow down horribly during an in-game save? Mine does, but the rest of the game runs at or close to full speed (except for a sound slowdown for some attacks[really minor].) Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? I know I can just use a save state and then save in-game before Elite Four or whatever, but it would be nice to have an in-game save in case of error or something. It appears that this is a common occurrence for any game I have. Any help would be nice.:wink: Thanks in advance!

-otaku_anime_fan-

Hello! I am new here (made this account just for this project) and appreciate everything you guys have done here. I would like to help edit the in-game story text, but I have no experience in programming besides an online class in Visual Basic:confused:. So basically, if someone would tell me instructions on how to do it and what programs needed (note I am on a restricted computer (school-issued laptop) so installing things on the computer is impossible, but if it is just a program I can put on a flash drive, I can do it) I will try to help out.:biggrin:

On a side note, for any users out that on Desmume (what ever latest version is), does your game slow down horribly during an in-game save? Mine does, but the rest of the game runs at or close to full speed (except for a sound slowdown for some attacks[really minor].) Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? I know I can just use a save state and then save in-game before Elite Four or whatever, but it would be nice to have an in-game save in case of error or something. It appears that this is a common occurrence for any game I have. Any help would be nice.:wink: Thanks in advance!

-otaku_anime_fan-

Read a little man http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?11469-Pokmon-Black-and-White-Translation-Project-v2&p=97797&viewfull=1#post97797 in the first 3 posts ;)

As for the dsume, I have a pretty powerful desktop compared to the recommended requirements, so I see no lag at all. As for helping, unless you can get portable git (I have it but can't remember where) your stuck. As for programming knowledge none needed at all! First 3 posts like the person above me said covers it, but use portable git and you'll be fine :)

As for the dsume, I have a pretty powerful desktop compared to the recommended requirements, so I see no lag at all. As for helping, unless you can get portable git (I have it but can't remember where) your stuck. As for programming knowledge none needed at all! First 3 posts like the person above me said covers it, but use portable git and you'll be fine :)

What might a git be? I am new to this sort of thing.

BTW I downloaded the said programs in the post, but I am kinda confused on what to do. I hope that tutorial helps me!

EDIT: Never mind, I am completely lost. I thought I could just use my v4 patched and alter some of the code where I am currently at, but I can't find it. I tried to use Nitro Explorer to find the files in v4, but I couldn't export them because of some error. So I downloaded the ones off of github, but they are all over the place and I have no idea what to alter or not. Please someone help me.

Thank you! It's something totally random I came up with. :)

BTW I like your signature. Where can I find one of these perhaps?

Just copy the URL of the image.

BTW a couple of people are doing this so I think I need to make a point.

If you're helping translate the game, YOU CAN'T COPY AND PASTE FROM GOOGLE TRANSLATE OR ANY OTHER AUTO TRANSLATION PROGRAM!

It really screws up the flow of everything, and if we accidentally merge your stuff, it's harder to fix everything.

EDIT!!!:this was supposed to be a quote for when a person said this dude claimed he had the full english but used google trans

so what they google tanslated the files cant you do that 2? and just fix the mistakes? and then release the files as v5? oh yes if you want to play pokemon black/white on an R4i-sdhc you need to update to the latest softwware to play pokemon white/black without needing any hex edits to make the r4 think it's not play the game oh yea my cousin said he used the google translate (Easy way out) and it worked good for him but he just had to fix it a little and he has the perfect black/white games D: im so jelous he wont share it with any body only him and his bro D:< ! i just had an idea brb in a couple of>.> <.<" minutes"

Sorry if this is no help

P.S i am still searching for that one person that can translate the whole thing in a day! so far i have no progress!! Yay for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xD XD xD

Just copy the URL of the image.

BTW a couple of people are doing this so I think I need to make a point.

If you're helping translate the game, YOU CAN'T COPY AND PASTE FROM GOOGLE TRANSLATE OR ANY OTHER AUTO TRANSLATION PROGRAM!

It really screws up the flow of everything, and if we accidentally merge your stuff, it's harder to fix everything.

Trust me I have no intention of doing that. I have a copy of that Black&Whitestory.txt and want to help implement that into the game. The only problem is I don't know where to start putting it in, as I don't read Japanese ;). So could I use Goggle translate to find what I am looking for, then put the story in from the .txt file?

BTW Thanks for helping with the signature :D

Is there a remedy for the incredibly annoying and frustrating Battle Subway freeze? Someone a few posts ahead of me said it has something to do with the names. Will it work without freezing if I change the language to Kanji before going to the Subway? I'm lucky so far, with 28 wins in the Super Single Line. I don't want to keep going and have it freeze on me :(

Just leave when you see the toddler.

Trust me I have no intention of doing that. I have a copy of that Black&Whitestory.txt and want to help implement that into the game. The only problem is I don't know where to start putting it in, as I don't read Japanese ;). So could I use Goggle translate to find what I am looking for, then put the story in from the .txt file?

BTW Thanks for helping with the signature :D

Sorry that wasn't meant directly for you, just in general for everyone, cause some people were doing it for huge files and messing stuff up. You could use Google Translate to find what you're looking for I guess, but there's easier ways to do it. If you have AIM, IM me and I can help you out with that.

BTW no prob for the sig:kikkoman:

It's been stated many times. Please don't use no$gba as it's out of date and has issues with many of the newer games (and almost always this translation) I found DSume to work every time for me flawlessly, but feel free to try others.

Edit, sorry if that sounded rude, I need to choose words more carefully in the future.

As off-topic as this is, I feel the need to reply to it.

First off, don't disrespect the greatest DS emulator ever birthed into the emulation world. Desemume may be "good" but its no where near better than No$gba in any way. No$ is known to work on even low grade computers, with most games working on it one way or another with nearly full speed or more. It has more achievements in its time and in it's current state than the other emulators have. Outdated? I'm sorry, but you are the one who's brain is outdated.

On-Topic: Great work so far with the translations. Hoping to finally download the patch before Christmas with a full game to explore in Engrish. xD!

P.S. Burn Status intended, but Purgatory has a tendency to miss.

Sorry that wasn't meant directly for you, just in general for everyone, cause some people were doing it for huge files and messing stuff up. You could use Google Translate to find what you're looking for I guess, but there's easier ways to do it. If you have AIM, IM me and I can help you out with that.

BTW no prob for the sig:kikkoman:

Alright I need to get AIM Portable, make an account, and we'll go from there :)