The new forms are a must. However i disagree on Latios and Latias.

Other than Pal Park they might find a way to put those two in (I think they're doing that for all legends) so possibly an event from a store or whatnot might be it.

Maybe a later game extra like the legendary beast in FR/LG and the ability to choose between one (like Emerald) might work. Or just another store event.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt that you would be able to choose a legendary by picking one, if that is what you meant.

Emerald: After E4:

Look at the television... they say there's a Pokemon flying around Hoenn. Then you talk to your mom and she asks you what color the Pokemon was. You choose either blue or red... and you know which ones they represent. Picking whichever will allow you to catch one of the roaming Lati@s. The other will be available in South Island.

Other than Pal Park they might find a way to put those two in (I think they're doing that for all legends) so possibly an event from a store or whatnot might be it.

Maybe a later game extra like the legendary beast in FR/LG and the ability to choose between one (like Emerald) might work. Or just another store event.

I've said it before. There is a link to obtain all Pokémon. Hoenn and Kanto trade with eachother to complete the Hoenn and Kanto dex, they then import their Pokémon too Sinnoh which will be traded to Johto for Johto Pokémon, giving all games complete Pokedex's. There is no need to add GBA legends in order to obtain them.

But why? Whirlpool is still a move in DPPt. And they wouldn't be able to restrict its use in the metagame at that point, so who cares if a Pokémon is traded to DPPt knowing it?

Also, I imagine whirlpool will not be an HM move. They'll probably keep all of the TMs and HMs the same, and just change the puzzles around. Honestly, I don't even remember using Whirlpool more than maybe twice in GSC anyway.

Whirl Islands, Dragon Den, another place after Tohjo Falls (although optional)... Whirlpool wasn't really required aside from Dragon Den. I don't think it's enough to relegate it an HM though. They might just change Dragon's Den or something.

whirpool will most likely be like flash, a tm like it was in DPP but in RSE it was a HM(flash)

Edited by PaDdY!
ADDING INFO

Just as long as they don't make Whirlpool a necessary move, then it's all good. Flash wasn't necessary for the most part either. If I recall correctly, only Rock Tunnel, Dark Cave (duh), Mt. Mortar in G/S (not Crystal), Whirl Islands, and Mt. Silver required Flash, but Flash was never really a requirement to pass through a cave.

True, but like I said before, I'm very nostalgic. I want there to be ever HM, not drive too far away from its original plot, have the same characters (It's to late for Kris...), same important buildings and all that stuff. Even if flash and whirlpool were barely used, a lot of people would feel better if they were still HM's or at least be important TM's that did something (such as dig).

Unfortunately it needs to be consistent with D/P/P to trade with and all, so I don't think they can change the TMs and HMs. It'll be like how FR/LG was related to R/S/E... the TMs and HMs will be the same. That's the unfortunate truth. If you are very nostalgic, go play the actual G/S/C. That's all I can tell you :-/