• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, regarding Red's roster. Floot, did you forget that Yellow was the special edition anime tie-in game? THAT's why there were all the references to the anime. And wraith, I don't think his roster is necessarily based off of his Yellow team since you can get half of those pokemon normally in RGB. They just gave him all three starters because those were the three you could choose from in RGB. At least, that's how I always saw it.

See, the fact that he has such a high level pikachu is what makes me think it is the Yellow roaster. The only reason not to evolve a Pikachu is A) because it is based of the Yellow team or B) It is based of his Pika from the Manga. To me, if it was based off RBG then he would have evolved his Pikachu into a Riachu a long time ago since in RGB you could just buy the evolutionary stones. Not to mention the Pikachu is his main pokemon not one of the starters and the only time a Pikachu was the main pokemon was in Yellow.

I had heard that those Pokemon were chosen for being ones that can't be caught in the wild. From the original 151, those are the only non-legendaries that do not appear in the wild (except Farfetch'd and Porygon, I think). Eevee is a gift, Snorlax is a one time event, and the starters are only availible from Oak. Pikachu was chosen because of the anime though, which is also why he was for a long time the highest level Pokemon that could be encountered (a tribute to the strength of Ash's Pikachu).

And Red's Pikachu will probably have the Light Orb when next we see him.

Well, if it IS a new form/icon, it would most likely only be unique to that ONE Pichu. They've already got an overworld sprite set unique for it, so it's possible that they'd make the main sprite unique for it. I highly doubt you'd be able to make any other Pichu change forms.

Now, regarding Red's roster. Floot, did you forget that Yellow was the special edition anime tie-in game? THAT's why there were all the references to the anime. And wraith, I don't think his roster is necessarily based off of his Yellow team since you can get half of those pokemon normally in RGB. They just gave him all three starters because those were the three you could choose from in RGB. At least, that's how I always saw it.

Now how could you get all three of those starters? Him not evolving that Pikachu makes NO sense to me unless it's Yellow version's Red who had a Pikachu that wouldn't evolve (and strangely does NOT carry a Light Ball when Yellow version Pikachu does). But still, I believe it's strange for Blue to have his RB roster while Red has yellow version's... and why would Blue just suddenly not have a starter? Maybe because Red got greedy and stole all of them, but that's besides the point. But still, three starters concept is COMPLETELY random... I wish his roster was based off the manga version. Aerodactyl, Poliwrath and the LOLZOR special Gyarados would be more fun to battle :-/

That Pikachu is a bit TOO high leveled to be ignored. Notice Red's two Full Restores only go on Pikachu... it IS his main Pokemon, and therefore I'm convinced it is his Yellow version team.

Aggron is the bomb. He was one of the few Gen 3 pokemon I liked. *most of them where just stupid or ugly >.>*

I thought Hoenn added Pokemon to be the counterpart of the ones that were missing... but what exactly was the point of adding Aggron when there was already Rhydon? That confused me beyond belief... some Pokes that were supposed to 'replace' someone really wasn't. :-/

I thought Hoenn added Pokemon to be the counterpart of the ones that were missing... but what exactly was the point of adding Aggron when there was already Rhydon? That confused me beyond belief... some Pokes that were supposed to 'replace' someone really wasn't. :-/

Because Hoenn was unoriginal and Game Freak was high on crack while making the game.