Yeah, I know what a notch is, but I don't know how this special Pichu even looks like. What's so special about it anyways? It'll probably be just another generic Pichu... with generic moves... maybe add something bizarre like Dynamicpunch or something there, but still, I don't even know what this Pichu is supposed to be :-/

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they would ruin something as "great" as that.

It's a lot of data and work. That's a completely new set of sprites for 493 pokemon.

I think we'll just see a day care center that looks like the ones in RSE and DPP.

From a technical standpoint, it'd be much easier for them to simply re-design the daycare center rather than make new sprites for all the Pokemon. But we'll see.

You're right. They would ruin something that great :/ If you think back Floot, in G/S/C they only had like a hand full of different sprites, not like they have now. Though, in theory they could just use the mini sprites they use when you check your party for the daycare?

I really hope they keep the day care the way it is, but most likely they wont :/ More then likely they will indeed use the same format they have used in DPP. Which means we wont be able to "talk" with our Poke's anymore either.

Well, sometimes they take things from the game and put that in the anime/movies. They used the arceus plates in the solaceon ruins to get something for arceus *probably a build up to the movie?* Changing the way things go in the game could open up for a new movie in Johto.I don't know if they will change the tiles, but my guess is that they will update it in some way.

I would like to see more involvement with the Legendary Beasts honestly. Crystal focused on Suicune, but I would like Entie and Raiko to get the spotlight too. Maybe they will add more to the story of what kind of pokemon they were before they died and were resurrected by Ho-Oh. One thing I would REALLY hope they add into the remakes is the marking map. In the old games it was such a HUGE pain finding those three since if you hadn't encountered them yet you didn't know where to look for them. Not to mention once you did you had to keep going back and forth into the pokedex to see which route they had jumped too. DP made it MUCH easier to track roaming pokemon, and with Platinum you didn't even have to see the legendary birds to track them.

Not having the applications would just seem silly to me. I know it is a remake, but unlike with RGBY who had no type of pokegear/navi/etch to put into the remakes, GSC does/did. And since GSC is supposed to take place at the same time as DPP it is possible to have those applications in the remake. Heck they even managed to squeeze in the berries on the FR/LG remakes, even if it was only in a small way *you couldn't grow more berries which made me sad T^T*

My guess is they will have at least a few of the applications on the new pokegear in the remakes.

Wait, something just hit me. The Poké Balls made by Kurt in HGSS might be different from the original Poké Balls in DPPT. Even though it's absolutely true that they will be able to trade with each other (due to the data found in the save file) does anyone think there will be some restrictions? I speculate there will be a few item restrictions just like how the Griseous Orb was not able to trade with DPPT.

What items do you think will be restricted? Possibly some from HG/SS, but none from D/P/Pt, I would think.

Wait, something just hit me. The Poké Balls made by Kurt in HGSS might be different from the original Poké Balls in DPPT. Even though it's absolutely true that they will be able to trade with each other (due to the data found in the save file) does anyone think there will be some restrictions? I speculate there will be a few item restrictions just like how the Griseous Orb was not able to trade with DPPT.

I think a few things such as items will be restricted. Maybe they will have a lot of different items. Like apricorns.

Yea, and what if a pokemon is caught in one of the apricorn pokeballs (if they're included) you wouldnt be able to trade them to DPP:O):S

If the Apricorns and old Pokeballs exist in HGSS, then they will probably just simply be prohibited from being traded to DPP.

NEW UPDATE

This section has been added to the main page. I compiled it from all of the OFFICIAL information that has been released so far. I'll do my best to keep it updated every week.

Confirmed Information

Here are the things that have been confirmed so far (some of them are obvious).

- Remakes of Gold and Silver

- Generation IV game (same graphic style as DPP)

- Release Date in Japan: Fall of 2009 (nothing more specific has been confirmed)

- Ken Sugimori has made new artwork for the Pokemon featured in GS

- Original boy character received a slight redesign, and there is a new girl character (not Kris from Crystal)

- The character not chosen fills a support role in the game (similar to DPP)

- The Poke Gear received a redesign and more closely resembles a cell phone (two types, for boy and girl)

- The menu can be operated by the touch screen, or by using the X and A buttons.

- At least some locations will feature an introduction screen (similar to FRLG) but done in 3D graphics.

- The machine from which you you choose your starting Pokemon is done in 3D graphics.

- Starting Pokemon are the Johto starters: Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile

- The games feature the legendary Pokemon, Lugia and Ho-oh.

- Starter Pokemon follows the player character around on screen similar to Pikachu in Yellow version (whether or not other Pokemon can be chosen to follow the character is not yet known).

- If one trades the event Pikachu-colored Pichu from DPP to HGSS it will activate an in-game event featuring the Jagged-ear Pichu from the anime. Whether or not you can catch it has not yet been revealed. All information has merely stated that "it appears that you can meet Jagged-ear Pichu."

- An external pedometer device called the PokeWalker will be released. You can transfer one Pokemon (at a time) to the PokeWalker and it will receive experience points (similar to the Day Care Center) as well as happiness while you walk (or shake it). There are also mini games, including an Item Finder game (it may be possible to send found items to your HGSS inventory). This device is similar to the Pokemon Pikachu 2 GS device that was released with the original Gold and Silver games.