Honestly, Wraith, that's the thing I'm looking forward to the most. I can't wait to see my little Cyndaquil or Totodile following my MALE character around (I can't stand the new girl's look...it's too country for me, no offense to the country people, hillbillies are actually people from northern Michigan, I'll have you know.)

I would think it would make sense to have the evolved forms follow you, but then again, I guess we'll have to wait and see for more information to be given to us, huh?

My disappointment remains that Mightyena is a Hoenn creature....*cries* There's none other that's wolf-enough for me!

So mean to us hillbillies =,<

JK, I'm not one of them, but it's called respect (sorry, I had to say it)

It's all right. I tend to play the female characters in some games. I played the female characters in Crystal, Sapphire, Leaf Green, and Platinum, and picking male for the rest. I really don't care. :P

All cartridge games have to be a power of 2 in MB because of the way the cartridges are designed. For DS games, that can be 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, or 256 megabytes. Perhaps D/P took up like 60 MB, but Platinum took up something like 70 MB, so they have to make it 128.

Yeah, I knew that, but if that's the case, then that means there are more space left then? I think I'll enjoy ROM hacking once I learn how to :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wonder if hg and ss's ho-oh and lugia will be like gold and silver's...

as in gold's ho-oh has sacred fire while lugia has no aeroblast and silver's ho-oh and lugia vice-versa

I think they'll add in a move relearner so you can STILL get both Aeroblast Lugia and Sacred Fire Ho-oh. The D/P/P movepool has Lugia and Ho-oh learn their signature moves at much higher levels, so even without a move relearner, it may still be possible to get both of them with their signature moves.

Sacred Fire Ho-oh in the Johto League was OVERKILL :D

The Japanese name is "Gizamimi Pichu."

"mimi" means ear.

"gizagiza" is a word that means, like... a zig-zag edge. Like a serrated knife, something that has been torn, OR something notched.

But a notch is an indent. So many places who have attempted to translate this name have failed, because it's obviously NOT a notched ear (I'm talking about serebii and other popular sites).

Here, we've decided to call it the Jagged-eared Pichu. It doesn't sound a whole lot better, but it describes it more accurately. I'm not sure Spiky-eared or zig-zag eared or anything else would have been much better.

This Pichu is going to show up in the anime eventually, and possibly the next movie. There's already a single (song) about this Pichu sung by its voice actress (who is the host of Pokemon Sunday), Shokotan.

Here's an article about that Pichu at Bulbapedia.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Notched-ear_Pichu

The upcoming event Pokemon, the Pikachu-colored Pichu, will also have the OT of Shokotan. And if you have this Pichu and trade it over to HG/SS, there will be an in-game event where you can interact (somehow) with the Jagged-eared Pichu.

Here's the link to that news on this site.

http://projectpokemon.org/articles.php?req=read&article_id=33

Probably not. Luvedisc is from Hoenn. Unless you get to the move re learner after you complete the game (but i doubt that).

Keep in mind Luvdisc wasn't in the Sinnoh dex either.

Heart Scales are found in the Underground in Gen IV.

Maybe there will be a new system to obtain them in HGSS.