• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You just need to stop and think about what you're saying before you start telling people it's definite.

I'm sure "Soul" will be one of the suggested names, but it's probably not tied to either character and will probably be suggested as the player character in Soul Silver and the support character (whichever gender it ends up being) in Heart Gold.

But, the fact that it was "confirmed as the boy's default name" was one of those rumors that got carried away like the September release date.

the default name will LIKELY BE GOLD!:bidoof::bidoof::bidoof::bidoof::bidoof:

The name Gold was thought up by some complete idiot in the 2nd generation.

I mean really. That was one of the worst parts of the first two generations: the names Gold, Silver, Red, and Blue. Just the worst names ever.

If Gold and Silver are even IN the default name list, I will not buy the game.

I mean really. That was one of the worst parts of the first two generations: the names Gold, Silver, Red, and Blue. Just the worst names ever.

stop complaining i mean you can change the name!!!!!:bidoof::bidoof::bidoof::bidoof::bidoof:

You know, in the manga, the main guy character of the G/S/C series is named Gold. He looks just like the main character on the game.

And the same goes for pretty much all their manga counterparts.

I know, this is the game, not manga, but it's a nice reference.

If by idiot you mean Nintendo, alrighty then. Go ahead and insult them.

Seriously, guys, it's just a character's freaking name. You can change it. :/

Well even he doesn't know the default name, but he is sure what it isn't.

I don't know what it is, and I don't know what it isn't. I simply know what has and has not been confirmed, and any default or suggested names have not been confirmed. I either didn't state that clearly, or you misunderstood me.

This is a speculation thread. If you are going to post about what has actually been confirmed, please make sure it has actually been confirmed before you start shoving it down everyone else's throat (this is not directed at a specific person, but everyone).

Due to a lot of confusion about stuff like that, I think I will update the first post this weekend to include a section of things that have been officially confirmed.

Also, seriously everyone.... STAY ON TOPIC HERE.

I don't want to hear about the anime, manga, or special sweeping Aggron from other games unless it has something DIRECTLY to do with HG/SS.

randomspot555 had it right when he said we need to stay away from one line posts. If you have a thought or hunch about these games, tell us WHY you think that way or even just why you are hoping for it.

Calm down. It's fine, no more off topic posts, no problem.

Now I think that since its already been proven that more then one Pokémon may follow you, I think it might be an extra addition they decided to add because I think that they have made all overworld sprites just for the daycare center. They were probably like "Ahh, just finished all the sprites for the daycare" and then Ken comes in and is all like "How about we make them follow the player? That would be so awesome" (Dramatization). They might have thought they would use it to their advantage. Anyone else think so?