• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You also seem to forget that this is a remake on a DS cart, they won't have to worry about saving space by removing maps from the Kanto region (Like the Unown/Cerulean Cave, Viridian Forrest, or Mt. Moon.)

There is a 50/50 shot for any of the Kanto region stuff that was removed or downgraded in the original GSC to be included in full this time around,... except maybe the 3 birds, since they were in Platinum I'd say they have 15-25% shot of being included in the remake.

I see them expanding upon the areas that were shrunk down in the original, however, I do not see them adding in the birds and mewtwo etc. Like Floot said, this is three years later and with Platinum filling in where the birds went there is no need to include them in HGSS. Stuff was changed in FRLG, but for the most part it was the same and or expanded on, so I really don't see those guys making an appearance.

Exactly. All of this stuff has already been accessed by Red. And there is no need for these Pokémon since there is already a link to obtain them all. That's how Nintendo makes their profit, by having to make us buy all the Pokémon games in order to complete the Pokédex. Speaking of the Pokédex, what do you think they will do with the Unown dex?

I know Nintendo loves to make you have to buy multiple games to complete the Pokedexes, but they are also fazing out the use of the 3rd generation carts with their move in making the DSi. Not everyone can use a GBA cart to obtain the GBA exclusive Pokes.

Yes, all the stuff was already accessed by Red, but its not like that really matters. The birds and Mewtwo were removed from GSC because they had already been captured or defeated by Red, then in Platinum it is revealed that the birds were defeated and migrated to Sinnoh, possibly roaming to find a new suitable home. that leaves more than enough room for Mewtwo to have been defeated and residing somewhere new within Johto or Kanto, or if they feel like being uncreative, within Cerulean Cave again (though redesigned,. bits and pieces could still have caved in and changed the layout instead of closing off the whole entrance.)

I knew they'll put other palpark legends in it after the regis and birds were confirmed for Pt.

Now everyone who said stuff like "Mewtwo won't be in" or "Jirachi event doesn't make sense in those games", think again.

The big Hoenn legends were the last on the list of probable non-Johto legends included in HGSS.

I'm (still) sure there will be at least 1 Lati@s roaming around (Kanto) in each game.

The chances for Jirachi ingame (wifi) event at white rock in Kanto have risen alot too IMO.

And Mewtwo? NOW WAI /jk That's the most obvious.

Oh, btw Deoxys plx xD

Offtopic: anyone check out my water starter @ sig LOL

Hoenn Trio

Rival and Elm

Cynthia

Arcues Event

*CoroCoro images from Pokebeach*

There is the proof for the Hoenn Legends. After beating the Elite 4, Kyogre will appear in HeartGold, and Groudon in SoulSilver, and catching them in their respective game then bringing both into one game will unlock Rayquaza in it.

There is also apparently a Cynthia/Arceus event in HGSS. and the rumor is if you transfer the Movie Arceus to HGSS, and you may be able to unlock/capture Dialga, Palkia, or Giratina. As the screen shows text of someone (Arceus or Cynthia most likely) saying something along the lines of being " given the right to choose one life out of three" with three symbols on the ground.

-------------------------

As for my opinion on this, it brings up a concern. While I like the inclusion of as many legendaries as possible, me being a collector and the legends being my favorite Pokemon, I'm very much enjoying Platinum and HGSS including as many as possible. But the CoroCoro page says that the Hoenn Super Ancient Trio will be available after defeating the Elite 4, but I can't believe they would release the titans only after defeating Johto's Elite 4. While beating the Elite 4 signifies the beating of the main story part of the game, at least in the originals (Kanto was more like a side quest with little to it), I'm hoping this isn't hinting towards Kanto's removal in the remake. Hope not though.

And for the record, I knew these guys would be included, and I'm expecting the Lati twins and Mewtwo as well to be included at the very least, if not the rest of the legendaries that aren't currently available in the 4th Gen in event item format.

Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-Oh are guaranteed to be in and Celebi is very probable as an in game Event Pokemon. That left Latias, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Mewtwo, and Mew as unaccounted for. Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza were just confirmed, so now we only have the Lat@s twins, Jirachi, Deoxys, Mewtwo, and Mew. I wouldn't be surprised if Lati@s were roaming the map and exclusive in some way, by game or by character gender? I also expect Mewtwo to be within the game, possibly after beating Red, and that would leave Jirachi, Deoxys and Mew as in game Event Item Pokemon to finish out the list.

Most people claim that to be too many Legends, I welcome it though.