Is Pokemon Platinum worth getting for owners of Diamond/Pearl?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Is Pokemon Platinum worth getting for owners of Diamond/Pearl?

• Yes
    • No

I'm just wondering how could a fully evolved pokemon be at level 1? Because there are some good moves that are available at Level 1 only.

For example, Bellossom could learn Leaf Blade at only level 1, (pls note that its not even an egg move for him, not a tutor move also), how can he learn that if he is a Bellossom already at level 21 Gloom after giving him a Sun Stone?

i've got the same problem with some of the pokemon who could only learn some moves at Level 1 fully evolved... :(

Please advise.

I'm just wondering how could a fully evolved pokemon be at level 1? Because there are some good moves that are available at Level 1 only.

For example, Bellossom could learn Leaf Blade at only level 1, (pls note that its not even an egg move for him, not a tutor move also), how can he learn that if he is a Bellossom already at level 21 Gloom after giving him a Sun Stone?

i've got the same problem with some of the pokemon who could only learn some moves at Level 1 fully evolved... :(

Please advise.

Telos, although I think there is a better answer, is correct but only in some situations, like with a snorlax you can breed specifically for a snorlax or a munchlax. However, some pokemon species if you breed them in fully evolved form and there was an egg group earlier on in the chain then the pokemon you bred will have an offspring of identical species, at level 1. However, the easiest way to get these moves on a fully evolved pokemon is a heart scale. You go to one of the houses by pastoria city, it is the house by the water and the guy who says he is in the middle of town, inside that house will be a boy and a man in a farther corner, if you have a heart scale, go talk to him and he will say something like this "Oh my gosh...that's an honest to goodness heart scale"

Then the rest is easy he will ask you if you want him to tutor one of your pokemon a move. Then you select bellossom and then select leaf blade. Its actually quite simple :) However, you need to get a heart scale. There are several ways to get these, you could dig underground till you find one, catch a wild lovedisc which are found in the water right before the pokemon league by using a super rod, then you catch them there is a 50% chance they will be holding one, otherwise you will have to hope that the guy in solaceon town that gives you jobs will offer a heart scale. Happy tutoring/breeding!

Hope this helped! :)

Yes! Of course it is. You can catch a whole bunch of legendaries you couldn't catch before, plus there is a lot more to do.

Like this:

-Giratina (origin forme)

-Palkia (level 70 and very far in the game)

-Dialga (level 70 and very far in the game)

-Heatran (level 50 and far in the game)

-You can change a shaymin's forme if it is a legit event shaymin

-Rotom secret key!

-Of course there is regigigas and if you have a legit event regigigas then you can catch the 3 regis

-The three legendary birds (articuno, zapdos, and moltres can all be caught in this game, very far in the game though)

-The three legendary lake pokemon

-Then there is cresselia

Catching all the legendaries alone is tough enough and keeps you busy then there is

-getting all the ribbons

-beating the elite four (which gets tougher after you beat it once)

-Taking on the battle frontier

-defeating team galactic (the plot for defeating team galactic is longer)

-Defeating all the gyms! The gyms are a whole lot tougher then they are in D/P

The battle frontier, alone is a challenge, along with getting all the ribbons

Then there is that new place in the survival area where you can battle trainers and gym leaders that you battled before or worked with, except they are a whole lot stronger! This can help with training, which of course is an added plus. Then there is completing the pokedex, its a lot harder to complete the sinnoh dex in platinum because its longer...Completing both pokedexs are huge challenges and goal points.

Platinum has a lot of changes and, I believe, for the better and is definitely worth it. However, dont give up on your D/P versions because there are some pokemon that are still D/P exclusive!

-Hope this helped-

Wait... Heatran's caught at Lv. 50 on Plat? Or Lv. 70?

95% sure that its level 50 in platinum instead of level 70 like it was in D/P. I was disappointed by the level gap, but you have to look at it positively, more bonding time with your pokemon! Anyway, I first got platinum when my friend did and showed me his. I was jealous so I bought it and am planning to excel way better then him. I was scared of the platinum changes, but now whenever I play D/P it feels weird. I do love the new legendary bird additions, but I think the dogs/cats entei, raikou, and suicoone would've been cool too!

I like how team galactic's plot was extended towards stark mountain and the addition of the looker, it added spice to the game's storyline a long with the fact that everyone is a lot tougher. When I first got to stark mountain in platinum and encountered Charon, I was so surprised and feared I'd have to battle him. My pokemon were low on health. However, I dont think I ever did. Just some commanders.

The battle frontier is a huge addition, it gives someone something to do after they complete the pokedex.

Thanks for all the comments on my good points! :D

I guess the leveling down is a bad and a good thing at the same time.

Pros

-More bonding time with your pokemon

-You can learn the level up moves instead of having to relearn the ones you want that were early on.

-Training allows you to shape your pokemon's evs and with less time to train that means less control over your pokemon's evs

-wild pokemon are weaker then trained ones

Cons

-more work on training

I see that con as a big weight. Some people just dont like to put in quality training time.

However, if your bummed about that look on the bright side. You can catch both dialga and palkia in platinum and both at level 70s!

To add in all the important points that pokemonfan had shared, please note that your rival can be battled weekly (he is standing at the entrance of the Gym Leaders/Trainer's Room in the Survival Area) with high-level pokemon too. Moreover, there are Trainer's at the Pokemon Centers that could be battled everyday as well, 'though their pokemon are at a fixed level.

Whew! I love Platinum!

I have a question about honey trees...

If you slather honey on a tree and then change the time on your ds to the time there would be a pokemon then would there be a pokemon? Can you speed up the process by changing the time?

Also how long do you have to wait for the tree to have a pokemon?

I've heard 6-12 hours and 8-12 hours. Is it one of those two or something completely different?