Is Pokemon Platinum worth getting for owners of Diamond/Pearl?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Is Pokemon Platinum worth getting for owners of Diamond/Pearl?

• Yes
    • No

Don't know if this has been asked before, but I have a question about catching Drifloon.

I finished chasing Team Galactic out of the Windworks, yadda yadda. The little girl said the balloon Pokemon "might come visiting again". So, I waited until Friday. I haven't gotten to Eterna City yet, so I just chilled in Floaroma for a day. (This was last week, I never got around to asking until now :< ) On Friday, in my First Block (It's gym, I just play Plat all block, it's from 7:30 until 9:20) I went in front of the Windworks, nothing. Just grass filled with Buizel and Shellos. Was I there at the wrong time? My guide says that you just have to be there on Friday, which I was.

I did hack a little bit, just a standard team at level 15-ish with the modifier, all the Pokeballs, Held Items, Berries, Medicine, and a little bit of the walk through walls cheat to avoid fighting 5 billion trainers whose Starly's and Bidoof's I didn't feel like steamrolling over. Could that have messed it up? I'm on a quest to legitimately catch all the Pokemon in Plat. >.< Plus, Drifloon is adorable, and so is Drifblim, and I wants one. :<

Sorry if this is an old question but being a fan of the floon I have to answer it.

So you have beaten all of the team galactic peeps and chased them out...if so then you have to wait a day until it is friday. I know because on pearl I beat the guys on thursday. Changed the date till friday but still no drifloon. So I waited till friday :( didn't want to wait but I did, then in the morning it was there. It should be floating right outside the thing, go up and talk to it. It will say "Floooooooon!" then the battle will begin.

Platinum: Drifloon level 15

D/P: Drifloon level 22

Those are the levels it can be caught at. Its move set for the level 22 will be...Focus energy, gust, stockpile and payback.

For the level 15:

Constrict, astonish, gust, focus energy I think. I recently caught the level 22 drifloon so I know the other moveset for sure. If you have done all this and it still does not work PM me I'm the Floon Finatic.

Note: Although it may be tempting being that other moves are better, if you have not beat eterna gym yet train up drifloon but dont lose the move gust so you can use it to beat the grass types at eterna gym.

:)hoped this helped although you already had help...I just had to answer the question.:)

EDIT: For the most recent question...I was pretty sure that it was 50% but whatever, anyway wraith89 is right. The moves power is reduced but only when it is a move that hits both pokemon at once to be fair. So for some examples: Surf, discharge, swift, acid, and earthquake and I guess eruption didn't know that though. I think water spout hits both but not positive. Perish song effects all pokemon in the battle but they there isn't a power to it, just all pokemon that hear it in 3 turns it is an automatic KO.

:)Hope this helped:)

Edited by pokemonfan
wanted to answer most recent question

Ubers were never banned. Legendaries were banned. A lot of Ubers are legendaries, but not all. Pseudo-legendaries like Garchomp, Dragonite, Metagross, Salamence, and Tyranitar should all be ok, despite being classified by some as Ubers.

Also, IIRC, Latios and Latias are allowed, though Soul Dew is not.