You're right, it's not supposed to. the only thing that changes is the "apparently". i tried trading myself eggs across flash carts, changing tid/sid, etc and couldn't get met at lv. 0 to pop up. i always thought it only said "met at lv. ##" when it was a caught poke.

I'm pretty sure at this point that it's an oversight with the program. The way egg/hatch data is written was somewhat recently changed and it's probably just been wrong ever since without being noticed.

1.The Japanese pokemon which doesn't change name at all, will get a nickname flag after saved.

Unfortunately this is working as intended at the moment. A band-aid fix could be applied until there are translations for all languages, but I'm not sure that'll get done. Once there ARE translations, some code can be put in to make it check the proper usual names for Pokemon in the right language. (Although... I think all of them just use the English names except for Japanese now that I think about it.)

2.When you choose "Caught all" in pokedex editing, those pokemon which have only one gender will get two genders, and even can not be corrected separately.

I'll check on this when I can.

Just a minor bug: All my pokes are being checked as 'French' when they are actually 'English' [Origin]. And the 'Japanese' are being checked as 'German' [Origin]

-Edit-

Another bug, IVs: 31 / 30 / 30 / 31 / 31 / 31

are 'giving' Hidden Power Psychic, when it's actually Ice.

Both of these are known already, and I think both are on the first post's issue list, but thanks anyway.

Just as another reminder, updates aren't going to be quite as frequent as before, as I'm much more busy with things in person now.

(Although... I think all of them just use the English names except for Japanese now that I think about it.)

Hum... No they don't. Shouldn't it be obvious?

Just a quick check of Bulbapedia lets you get that kind of information.

There are few names that are the same between languages, but most of them are different.

Hum... No they don't. Shouldn't it be obvious?

Just a quick check of Bulbapedia lets you get that kind of information.

There are few names that are the same between languages, but most of them are different.

The ROM data disagrees for at least Spanish and French. Maybe I was looking at the wrong lists or something, but I don't think so.

Edit: I looked again. You're right, they're different. What got me was that there are quite a few that ARE the same.

This does not affect anything. 000000000000000000001 is still 1.

Oh, really? Well, I musta changed something else without realizing it then... well, it works now, so it's all good!

You're right, it's not supposed to. the only thing that changes is the "apparently". i tried trading myself eggs across flash carts, changing tid/sid, etc and couldn't get met at lv. 0 to pop up. i always thought it only said "met at lv. ##" when it was a caught poke.

Desch, can you post the pkm?

The met at level 0? I don't have that anymore, sorry.

Pokedex editing.

Did some pokedex editing and the game crashes now. I basically unchecked everything and rebuilt my dex from scratch. It was doing fine till it started crashing when I navigate through the dex.

The multi language checkbox is glitched, for example, if I were to check that I have seen the Japanese and English version of a Pokemon, it would check that I have seen the french or german version of that pokemon when I move onto another pokemon. Even if I remove the checks, it won't save the changes.

Edited by Silent Storm

I just found an error, besides those already listed on the OP, When code generation is in use there are several problems.

1. Platinum *.xml export provides an extra copy of the game and therefore the code.

2. HGSS *.xml export produces platinum codes with the same problem as above.

Thanks for letting me know. I've been irritatingly busy lately and haven't been able to do much. My ISP failing and leaving me connectionless for about 2 days doesn't help either.

I'm still intending to get this beta finalized before Black/White in a week or so, but intentions don't always lead to action. We'll see.

I'm still intending to get this beta finalized before Black/White in a week or so, but intentions don't always lead to action. We'll see.

Well, that failed, as I thought it might. I'm going to have to set aside the control positioning stuff (to make all languages appear properly) for the moment in order to be able to release an update for Black/White. I'll edit this post with notable updates.

Edit: Now that I know a little more about what I'm dealing with, I'll explain some things. Save file editing for Black/White is going to take a while. (Unless I get lucky.) They've changed the way it's "protected", and it's not particularly easy (at least for me) to figure out how it's now done. However, what I've seen so far suggests that I can reliably generate codes. I may have a new beta version up today to allow generation of Pokemon for Black/White. It'll be pretty ugly at first, but it'll work.

Edit2: I have 2 free days coming up, so I expect to be able to get an update out during that time. We have the text data extracted now (almost entirely thanks to Eevee), so that's one less thing I have to spend time on. There's still been no progress on figuring out the save file encryption as far as I know. I've also not yet gone through the Pokemon data itself to see what's different, but I do know there are some changes.

Edit3: Text conversion for nicknames/trainer names is fully understood now. I have the data for an updated character map as well. It's so massive that it'll probably need to be a separate window, rather than something that pops up, though. I have most of the string lists updated. For now, the English representations of new locations/attacks/items/whatever will just be their numerical values. I'm working on a way to switch between Black/White and generation 4 games properly, then I may have a release ready.

Edited by Codr

Black/White integration is almost ready for some testing, but during the updating, I went through and checked on all the bugs that've been reported. I've fixed some, but can't find others.

2.When you choose "Caught all" in pokedex editing, those pokemon which have only one gender will get two genders, and even can not be corrected separately.

Can you explain this a little better? Using "Caught all" in the Pokedex doesn't flag single gender/genderless Pokemon with two genders for me, at least not in the program. If you were referring to in-game, I haven't tested that. I'd need to know whether or not you modified a save file or used codes to get these changes in game as well. If you give me a list of steps (from when the program is first opened) to reproduce this, it'll help me fix it.

Did some pokedex editing and the game crashes now. I basically unchecked everything and rebuilt my dex from scratch. It was doing fine till it started crashing when I navigate through the dex.

Can you reproduce this on the latest beta? If so, the exact steps you're taking would be extremely helpful.

Possibly, but every time I think that it's going to happen at a specific date, it doesn't.

Ah no worries, quick question though, did you include the new dream world abilities in the list? If so this will help huuge with testing shit to see what/how stuff works; with no poke editor out for BW, the global link down and minimal codes, getting these combinations of pokemon+ability is hard =P

Abilities being what? As far as I know, I have the full list of attacks and abilities, but I'm not sure if you're referring to either of those. It's possible there's a secondary list of one or both that I don't know about too.

will you be developing a program like this for the 5th generation of pkmn games?

Black/White integration is almost ready for some testing, but during the updating, I went through and checked on all the bugs that've been reported. I've fixed some, but can't find others.

Can you explain this a little better? Using "Caught all" in the Pokedex doesn't flag single gender/genderless Pokemon with two genders for me, at least not in the program. If you were referring to in-game, I haven't tested that. I'd need to know whether or not you modified a save file or used codes to get these changes in game as well. If you give me a list of steps (from when the program is first opened) to reproduce this, it'll help me fix it.

Can you reproduce this on the latest beta? If so, the exact steps you're taking would be extremely helpful.

I did what I did before, pressing the seen none box and adding in pokemon manually and now it seems to be working and scrolling fine. One thing I didn't mention was when I rebuilt my pokedex, scrolling seemed slower than usual, and then it would crash. With the new beta scrolling is fine and there are no crashes, thank you for fixing this as well as other things.

In the new beta for Black & White, would there be any way we can import older pkm's into the game. Such a feature would be extremely useful to those that want import their movie events and get Zorua and Zoroark.

I did what I did before, pressing the seen none box and adding in pokemon manually at it seems to be working and scrolling fine. One thing I didn't mention was when I rebuilt my pokedex, scrolling seemed slower than usual, and then it would crash. With the new beta scrolling is fine and there are no crashes, thanks for fixing this as well as other things.

I never specifically fixed it as a result of your post (I think...). I must have just found problems on my own and fixed them.

In the new beta for Black & White, would there be any way we can import older pkm's into the game. Such a feature would be extremely useful to those that want import their movie events and get Zorua and Zoroark.

I wouldn't call it importing, but as it stands, you can load generation 4 Pokemon and generate data for them that works in Black/White. Whether or not it's done in a "legal" way is highly questionable at this point though. (In fact, I'd almost guarantee that it isn't valid.)

This may be a little premature, but here it is. I know there's at least one problem... related to egg data in Black/White.

I included the partial Japanese translation file with this release.

Edit: I'm aware that the lists for Black/White have numbers in them instead of names. This is intentional for now.

3.0b9

ADDED: Black/White (Japanese) support. Considering the number of changes involved to do accomodate this, there are undoubtedly going to be new bugs introduced.

ADDED: In the options menu, there's a new entry called "Target game". This determines what Pokemon, abilities, items, and attacks are available. It also affects how various Pokemon data is read/written, such as nicknames.

ADDED: A way to differentiate between the two "Link Trades" locations. (Generation 4)

FIXED: The "Disable character map" and "Disable help" options weren't being properly set when starting the program.

FIXED: The origin list had invalid entries.

FIXED: Characteristic text wasn't being displayed properly.

FIXED: Hidden Power types weren't being identified properly.

FIXED: Some language checkboxes in the Pokedex weren't being saved.

FIXED: Party-specific Pokemon data not related to stats is no longer erased when loading a Pokemon from your party.

FIXED: Party stats weren't being set properly.

FIXED: Checking the "Egg" checkbox on the main tab wasn't disabling the hatch condition controls like it was supposed to.

FIXED: Problems with Pokemon data when generating eggs or Pokemon met as eggs in generation 4.

NOTE: You CAN load Black/White save files by checking "Ignore save file checksum" in the options menu. You can't save them, however.