Edit: I can't reproduce this or find any problem with moving Pokemon. The only thing I've found is that party Pokemon aren't compacted when one not at the end is moved into a box.

Thanks for the reports.

I think that was my problem. The Bidoof was originally in Slot 1 of Box 1, and I tried to move him to the second place in my Party. I was able to move him to the first slot.

Anyways, keep up the great work.

The location met should be set to Pal Park in PokeGen. It will change in-game depending on what the Origin is set to.

If set to Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald, the Pokemon's Summary Screen will show Hoenn as the location met.

If set to FireRed/LeafGreen, the Summary Screen will show Kanto.

If set to Colosseum/XD, the Summary Screen will show Faraway Place.

Wonderful, thank you very much.

Codr, would you be willing to compile the gba code support into a seperate program, if you still have the data, that is.

I do, but it'd be extremely annoying, and I wouldn't want to put in the effort to make sure everything is accurate. (Especially with Black/White coming up.) I do, however, still have a separate exe from back before I even upgraded to generation 4. It's probably horrible in terms of making things legally (for example, I know it doesn't allow you to specify a PID, it does it for you in the completely illegal way that PokeGen does if you leave the PID editbox blank), but I can post it if you want.

I do, but it'd be extremely annoying, and I wouldn't want to put in the effort to make sure everything is accurate. (Especially with Black/White coming up.) I do, however, still have a separate exe from back before I even upgraded to generation 4. It's probably horrible in terms of making things legally (for example, I know it doesn't allow you to specify a PID, it does it for you in the completely illegal way that PokeGen does if you leave the PID editbox blank), but I can post it if you want.

If you're still willing to post the exe, I'd like to try it out.

If you're still willing to post the exe, I'd like to try it out.

I actually found a version of PokeGen prior to removal of support of generation 3. It's posted with the much older version of my original program. They're both gigantic dialogs, which everyone seems to absolutely adore, so have fun.

As a side note, generation 3 codes required extra codes to disable some sort of memory shifting that occurred on those games. (Maybe only Emerald or something, I don't remember.)

PokeGen old.rar

RSFLCalc.rar

PokeGen old.rar

RSFLCalc.rar

Is there any way to stop Pokegen exiting when you hit Escape? Not a desperate need, but it would be nice, when you next make an update if it were possible. I was messing about with some Pokemon and inadvertantly hit escape and lost the stuff I had been doing.

Is there any way to stop Pokegen exiting when you hit Escape? Not a desperate need, but it would be nice, when you next make an update if it were possible. I was messing about with some Pokemon and inadvertantly hit escape and lost the stuff I had been doing.

I'm not changing this. Escape isn't exactly "in the way" to where you can do it easily. Dialogs are intended to be closed with escape.

I actually found a version of PokeGen prior to removal of support of generation 3. It's posted with the much older version of my original program. They're both gigantic dialogs, which everyone seems to absolutely adore, so have fun.

As a side note, generation 3 codes required extra codes to disable some sort of memory shifting that occurred on those games. (Maybe only Emerald or something, I don't remember.)

Thanks a lot for these. I like the look of these more than Ciro's.

As for those codes, I know they're usually needed for FireRed and LeafGreen, but I'm not sure if they're needed in Emerald. It has something to do with RNG or something like that.

This can affect "legality", so I wanted to get the update out prior to the beta's completion.

FIXED: There was an issue with nickname parsing (both Pokemon and trainer nicknames) that could result in non-zero bytes after the terminator character not being displayed. This would result in modified nickname data for any Pokemon loaded that had these bytes as any value that's displayed normally. (As in without \XXXX.)

This is probably a dumb question, but which PID generation method should I be using? I've been using the default one (A-B-C-D) for all my pokemon and now my OCD is telling me that I probably did something wrong and I should remake all my pokemon 0.0;

I guess this is a related question, but what about Pal-Parked event pokemon, like 10ANIV Celebi? Which PID method should I be using for it?

In Version 2.312

Found Bugs:

1. Pasting Japanese text for OT name does not work (shows up as question marks in pokesav)

2. Think you can make non-nicknamed Pokémon's names translate when they are on Pokémon Battle Revolution?

---If a Pokemon's name is not translated to your game language you can tell it is fake. (pokésav does not handle this)

3. It will also say the name is too long since Japanese letters are escaped.

New Feature Request:

1. Generate IVs based on desired hidden power.

Edited by sdfghjklkjhgfds sdfghjiuy
apparently it looked like i was releasing a version that was not intended

This is probably a dumb question, but which PID generation method should I be using? I've been using the default one (A-B-C-D) for all my pokemon and now my OCD is telling me that I probably did something wrong and I should remake all my pokemon 0.0;

The answer is given multiple times throughout the thread, as well as in numerous other places online.

I guess this is a related question, but what about Pal-Parked event pokemon, like 10ANIV Celebi? Which PID method should I be using for it?

I don't know.

1. Pasting Japanese text for OT name does not work

You can paste Japanese characters into the editboxes, but they'll simply be skipped over when saving a Pokemon.

2. Think you can make non-nicknamed Pokémon's names translate when they are on Pokémon Battle Revolution?

---If a Pokemon's name is not translated to your game language you can tell it is fake.

I have no idea what you're referring to here. I highly doubt Battle Revolution actually does any sort of automatic conversion of a nickname for you.

3. It will also say the name is too long since Japanese letters are escaped.

You can enter 11 escape sequences to form a nickname just fine.

New feature:

1. Generate IVs based on desired hidden power.

The way you formatted this is inappropriate and makes it seem like you're releasing a new version yourself. I don't even know what you were thinking here. There is no new feature, otherwise it would've been documented. I'd delete/edit the post if I could.

New feature was a request if you can't do it it is not a big deal

for random wifi battles Pokémon names are converted to their default for the native language of the game

(A legit Japanese Mew look English for me on battle revolution cause my game is English)

With pokésav I made a Japanese Pokémon its name should be in English for the wifi battle but it was not

I would not steal your hard work (edit for person use maybe)

i edited my last post does that help?

Edit:

Could you add a way to convert symbols to escaped code?

I do not want to have to nickname the Pokémon to get the name in another language

PS let me know what is still unclear i will try to reword it

It appears that your native language isn't English, so that would explain the way your post was worded.

New feature was a request if you can't do it it is not a big deal

It's already been suggested and is on the list of things to do.

for random wifi battles Pokémon names are converted to their default for the native language of the game

(A legit Japanese Mew look English for me on battle revolution cause my game is English)

So if the nickname is the same name as the default one (as in the nickname the DS games assign automatically if you don't manually type in a nickname), Battle Revolution will convert that to the appropriate language? I'd assume that just requires the nickname flag to not be set, in which case you could just leave the nickname editbox blank in PokeGen to get that result guaranteed.

So if the nickname is the same name as the default one (as in the nickname the DS games assign automatically if you don't manually type in a nickname), Battle Revolution will convert that to the appropriate language? I'd assume that just requires the nickname flag to not be set, in which case you could just leave the nickname editbox blank in PokeGen to get that result guaranteed.

In your program I can't get a Japanese Pokémon name without a nickname same goes for Pokésave

if you nickname it and do not check the flag it ends up obvious in revolution wifi battles (depending on the name and language)

just you took having to check the box out of the equation if only it were easier to type the names in

If I leave it blank the name of my Japanese Pokemon is in English

In your program I can't get a Japanese Pokémon name without a nickname

I know. I may address that soon.

If I leave it blank the name of my Japanese Pokemon is in English

...so generate a Pokemon with an English-game country and name?

i was just thinking, would you ever consider making pokegen auto-fill in the right trash bytes in the name for hatched pokes in d/p, pt, and hg/ss? like, if the poke is set as hatched, the right number of bytes could be auto-filled after the name with the right values?

i was just thinking, would you ever consider making pokegen auto-fill in the right trash bytes in the name for hatched pokes in d/p, pt, and hg/ss? like, if the poke is set as hatched, the right number of bytes could be auto-filled after the name with the right values?

I have no idea what the right values are, or if they're constant or follow a predictable pattern.

I have no idea what the right values are, or if they're constant or follow a predictable pattern.

they're constant in hgss, and i've only ever seen one set in plat too. in hgss i've bred thousands of eggs and all that i have checked have the same set of trash bytes, including the togepi from mr. pokemon on multiple games. after the last letter of the name is the standard \ffff, then(if the name is 5 letters) it goes: \1960\0211\0002\0000\4008, if the name is 6 letters, it goes \0211\0002\0000\4008 and so on until you hit 10 characters. this sequence has stayed exactly the same across my gold cart, a friend's silver cart, gold and silver on a flash cart, gold and silver in desmume, etc. and includes both the togepi egg like i mentioned before and the manaphy egg from ranger.

i mean, it's not like it's a big deal. i stick to breeding anyway, so it's not like i would need it. i just thought it might be neat.