The biggest was 2 gigs. ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat has been the first and only cart to be that big. The bigger the size, the slower the game. Ash gets around that by using a ton of pre-rendering though.

So then it should be fine, besides if they'd originally made GS for DS in the first place with everything they wanted in it it would have been bigger than Platinum anyway.>.>

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard of 256 MB carts for a few games, but I don't remember which games those were for.>.>

Well, if Platinum is about 99MB of a 128MB cart, then the full Johto and Kanto with taking anything like Kanto's Safari zone could probably theoretically fit onto a 256MB one. They could probably get the Sevii Islands, plus a few new islands onto it as well.

The bigger the size, the slower the game.

Are the Pokémon games really that memory intensive though? Aside from the fact that they now use 3D models (which, by the way, is going to make Johto look freakin' awesome!).

No I haven't heard anything like that, but maybe there will be as a different sprite for an special in-game pichu.

I've been wondering about this myself. I think that more sprite diversity is a feature planned for Gen V, and that they will test the waters in HG and SS, starting with this special Pichu (and maybe others).

I am super pumped to play a DS enhanced version of these games. The graphics, the music... especially the trainer battle music, which is arguably the catchiest tune in Pokémon history.

Are the Pokémon games really that memory intensive though? Aside from the fact that they now use 3D models (which, by the way, is going to make Johto look freakin' awesome!).

I've been wondering about this myself. I think that more sprite diversity is a feature planned for Gen V, and that they will test the waters in HG and SS, starting with this special Pichu (and maybe others).

I am super pumped to play a DS enhanced version of these games. The graphics, the music... especially the trainer battle music, which is arguably the catchiest tune in Pokémon history.

Oh jeez, just thinking about their remix to Red's/Lance's battle theme is giving me goosebumps, and the Rival theme, the single thing which mad Silver more badass than Green, oh jeez.>.>

Well, if Platinum is about 99MB of a 128MB cart, then the full Johto and Kanto with taking anything like Kanto's Safari zone could probably theoretically fit onto a 256MB one. They could probably get the Sevii Islands, plus a few new islands onto it as well.

Why would they even put Sevii Islands back. It isn't a remake of R/B/Y at all, and seeing as how Fr/Lg were remakes, the Kanto in HG/SS will most likely be a plain one, like in GSC.

Also, if I mentioned this or not, TEAM ROCKET IS BACK MAYBE xD

Why would they even put Sevii Islands back. It isn't a remake of R/B/Y at all, and seeing as how Fr/Lg were remakes, the Kanto in HG/SS will most likely be a plain one, like in GSC.

Also, if I mentioned this or not, TEAM ROCKET IS BACK MAYBE xD

Of course the Rocket Gang is in there, I mean they were central to the plot of G/S so they should be central to the plot of HG/SS.

There was only one Rocket member in Kanto and he had nothing to do with the plot at all, the main base of the Rocket Gang was in Mahogany Town, those of you who actually played GSC should know that, they had no presence in Kanto in GSC.>.>

Is that the same guy thats in the radio tower?I forget because thats the same guy thats in FRLG.

Just to ask while on the ''MAP''. What is the hardest place in that region?

The hardest Gym in any Pokemon game would be Whitney's Gym, her broken ass Miltank it will destroy any trainer who's unprepared so yeah, just a warning, and hell she's only the third Gym, but after you beat her the rest of the game'll be a cakewalk.=]

The hardest Gym in any Pokemon game would be Whitney's Gym, her broken ass Miltank it will destroy any trainer who's unprepared so yeah, just a warning, and hell she's only the third Gym, but after you beat her the rest of the game'll be a cakewalk.=]

I whould have to agree she was very annoying but if i remember rightly you chould trade a drowzee for a machop in that town...?Even the route to the pkmn leauge and victory road are easy...

What a downfall i hoped it's extremely hard the new gen of these remakes. I hope they are nothing in the category of difficulty like the originals. I on purpose will take Chikorita to be harder.