I hope not. It was just fine with only Red. Changing more and more makes me die a little inside. I want a decent remake. Decent enough to at least only have minor changes in storyline. Changing Kris with Soul was heartbreaking enough (Although I'm fine with her) but changing the very last boss is going WAY too far.

So... you hated FireRed and LeafGreen? Because they sure changed that one a lot. What a closed-minded point of view. She doesn't necessarily have to be in the same place and role as Red, but it would be cool if she was in the game in some capacity. Like in a Battleground type location... maybe teamed up with Red in Double Match or something like that.

Hey, speaking of that, what're the odds HG and SS will have a PokéRadar for finding like, Sinnoh Pokémon?

I imagine it's VERY likely that they'll include it or something similar to it in order to get the majority of the National Dex. I'm gonna guess that since they're always making changes on stuff like that that it'll won't be exactly like the Pokeradar, but it'll be a very similar function.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So... you hated FireRed and LeafGreen? Because they sure changed that one a lot. What a closed-minded point of view. She doesn't necessarily have to be in the same place and role as Red, but it would be cool if she was in the game in some capacity. Like in a Battleground type location... maybe teamed up with Red in Double Match or something like that.

I agree. I think it would be awesome to have Blue *Leaf in English* to be in the game. I played the originals and I can't WAIT to see how they spice things up. I loved FR/LG so I am have high hopes for HG/SS. Oh and a double match would be so wicked.

Yeah. They have Red's rival, Green (Blue out of Japan) in, so putting Leaf would complete the trio. And a double battle would be awesome.

Also, a small note. Not too important, but if Red was teamed with Leaf... well, according to the Adventures manga, Red was at Mt. Silver to train at the end of the G/S/C series. Why would Leaf be there? To keep him company? :P

Like I said, not too important... just a thought.

Yeah. They have Red's rival, Green (Blue out of Japan) in, so putting Leaf would complete the trio. And a double battle would be awesome.

Also, a small note. Not too important, but if Red was teamed with Leaf... well, according to the Adventures manga, Red was at Mt. Silver to train at the end of the G/S/C series. Why would Leaf be there? To keep him company? :P

Like I said, not too important... just a thought.

Also, adding Leaf to the game won't necessarily steal Red's thunder, as Red could still be a stronger trainer, with higher level Pokemon (reaching to, what, level 90 now, probably?). So Leaf could be there with level 80-85 Pokemon. Still a powerful and fun trainer, but not a threat to Red's superiority (if we give him level 85-90 Pokemon).

Although I think Leaf "keeping Red company" is a little out of the bounds of Pokemon.:P There are still no love interests for any of the characters in the games.

Heh... I didn't mean it like that, haha. Then maybe she's there to train, too?

Yeah, since Red came before Leaf, he should have higher leveled Pokemon.

If Leaf was there, would Red need to get rid of his Blastoise? If I recall correctly, Leaf's starter was supposed to be Squirtle. According to the manga... like earlier.

Perhaps, but if we assume Pokemon Yellow was the source of Red's starters, his Blastoise wasn't a starter Pokemon, so she could still get one.

Although, honestly, I'm a little disappointed that there are no relationships (even among NPCs) in the games. Only real downside to Pokemon's kid-friendly direction, I suppose.

Oh, yeah. That's true. I still think it's a bit odd for both of them to have a Blastoise, though.

Well... it's definitely because the series is directed at kids. The only relationship stuff I find is your Mom/Dad, who don't even pay much attention to each other in R/S/E... and that's all.

I guess your age on the game would be another reason... I don't know the age, though.

Eh, we've seen enough other trainers with starters in other games by now that I think it will be ok. And after all, Gym Leader Blue still had his starter, didn't he?

At least your parents acknowledge each other's existence. Remember the line by your rival's mom? "He's so impatient, I wonder who he takes after?" We've seen his dad, he's just as wild and impatient as your rival is. Just how hard was it for his mom to remember that?

Well I didn't hate FR and LF, I actually want GS to be exactly like that, be accurate at first but add changes. FR and LF starts you off with the original storyline, and than catches you by surprise in the middle. Thats what I want. What I especially liked is that no towns were remapped or anything like that. It was nostalgic, but at the same time, FRESH. I didn't like the Pokédex though.

Actually, I don't recall Blue having his Charizard. in the manga (yet again, haha) he lent it to Red so he could fly to Mt. Silver. Leaf did the same thing with her Blastoise, she let him borrow it to help out.

Still... eh, I don't know, actually. In general, Nintendo ignores the relationships nearly completely.

You're right, actually, he didn't have his starter. Still, I'd rather take Leaf's Blastoise than change the contents of Red's team.

And, in general, I think it has been a good decision. I think the kid-friendly focus has been part of what has made Pokemon what it is today. The brilliant combination of simple, easy to pick up mechanics with the depth and strategy that keeps us coming back for more.

Keep in mind.

This is a game.

NOT the Manga or the Anime.

In GSC, Red had all three starters because those were the ones you could choose from in RGB. Not because of any specific connection to the Manga or Anime.

Also!

New News!

It's been confirmed by the official website that the Pichu in that screenshot IS, in fact, the Jagged-Eared Pichu.

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/anime/movie/pichu_present/index.html

With the revelation of the Jagged-Eared Pichu being in HGSS, it could potentially be the first indication of a new forme. Although.... maybe you can't even catch it, no info yet.

pichu_090415_img08.jpg

Perhaps, but if we assume Pokemon Yellow was the source of Red's starters, his Blastoise wasn't a starter Pokemon, so she could still get one.

Although, honestly, I'm a little disappointed that there are no relationships (even among NPCs) in the games. Only real downside to Pokemon's kid-friendly direction, I suppose.

speaking of relationships there is always the couples you verse (double battles) and then theres brock (he wants to get with any girl he sees

i am hoping for a place like ferugo ironworks only with the addition of being able to ''forge'' two of the elemental plates together to create a dual typed arceus. I would also love to be able to catch my own celebii.

i am hoping for a place like ferugo ironworks only with the addition of being able to ''forge'' two of the elemental plates together to create a dual typed arceus. I would also love to be able to catch my own celebii.

I highly doubt that will happen anytime ever! Yes, Nintendo will not do anything like that. That way Arceus will become too strong. Think 2 plates and what about the attack judgment? Two type move?

Also!

New News!

It's been confirmed by the official website that the Pichu in that screenshot IS, in fact, the Jagged-Eared Pichu.

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/anime/movie/pichu_present/index.html

With the revelation of the Jagged-Eared Pichu being in HGSS, it could potentially be the first indication of a new forme. Although.... maybe you can't even catch it, no info yet.

pichu_090415_img08.jpg

I hope it is not a new forme. Most formes are availible to all the Pokemon of that species (ie: Any Deoxys can acquire any of it's formes). That would rob the Pichu of some of its uniqueness. Although if we see it in combat, a new forme probably will be the way it is handled, even if we can't unlock that forme ourselves. Otherwise there would be a lot of reprogramming to give a Pokemon a unique sprite.

Keep in mind.

This is a game.

NOT the Manga or the Anime.

In GSC, Red had all three starters because those were the ones you could choose from in RGB.

Not necessarily true. Remember Yellow? You started off with Pikachu, which refused to stay in its Poké Ball. In the game you could obtain Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Charmander from specific people. Some were linked to the anime, such as Officer Jen giving you the Squirtle to have a good home. She mentioned it was part of some sort of gang, just like in the anime where Ash caught it after that whole gang thing. And Ash is the dub for Red so they are basically the same.

Not necessarily true. Remember Yellow? You started off with Pikachu, which refused to stay in its Poké Ball. In the game you could obtain Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Charmander from specific people. Some were linked to the anime, such as Officer Jen giving you the Squirtle to have a good home. She mentioned it was part of some sort of gang, just like in the anime where Ash caught it after that whole gang thing. And Ash is the dub for Red so they are basically the same.

Red's roster in GSC is based off Yellow version, while Green's (Blue in America) roster is strangely based off his RBY party (without the starter).

Pikachu- Yellow starter

Espeon- Eevee in Celadon, Red made it happy

Snorlax- the Snorlax blocking Cycling Road

Venusaur- the girl in Cerulean City in the house to the left of the Pokemon Center

Charizard- the guy at the top of Nugget Bridge near the Thunder Wave TM

Blastoise- Officer Jenny in Vermilion City

I always wondered why they used his Yellow roaster. Most likely because it had all the starters. Though I wish they would have evolved that stupid pikachu. God I HATE pikachu. Make him a Raichu already!

I hated Pikachu since Johto, and i stoped watching Diamond and Pearl for a month and i started watching again, then i did not dislike it. And i actually like him. Weird...:confused:

I hope it is not a new forme. Most formes are availible to all the Pokemon of that species (ie: Any Deoxys can acquire any of it's formes). That would rob the Pichu of some of its uniqueness. Although if we see it in combat, a new forme probably will be the way it is handled, even if we can't unlock that forme ourselves. Otherwise there would be a lot of reprogramming to give a Pokemon a unique sprite.

Well, if it IS a new form/icon, it would most likely only be unique to that ONE Pichu. They've already got an overworld sprite set unique for it, so it's possible that they'd make the main sprite unique for it. I highly doubt you'd be able to make any other Pichu change forms.

Now, regarding Red's roster. Floot, did you forget that Yellow was the special edition anime tie-in game? THAT's why there were all the references to the anime. And wraith, I don't think his roster is necessarily based off of his Yellow team since you can get half of those pokemon normally in RGB. They just gave him all three starters because those were the three you could choose from in RGB. At least, that's how I always saw it.