• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone, as expected I'm really excited (as all of you) about HG & SS and I came across this:

Roark broke into my villa (in platinum) as many like to do, and I Quote what he said:

"The Underground extends even underneath the Resort Area. I wonder... If I really tried, would I be able to extend it to even places like Kanto and Johto?"

Hum... what could that mean?

Hello everyone, as expected I'm really excited (as all of you) about HG & SS and I came across this:

Roark broke into my villa (in platinum) as many like to do, and I Quote what he said:

"The Underground extends even underneath the Resort Area. I wonder... If I really tried, would I be able to extend it to even places like Kanto and Johto?"

Hum... what could that mean?

That's pretty cool that he mentioned it. I like the connections between the generations.

But I really think it only means that the Underground MIGHT make an appearance in HGSS, but I doubt there will be any kind of interactivity between DPP and HGSS in the Underground.

The building for the Global Terminal isn't really all that big, anyway...

It could fit.

Gts_platinum.PNG

If it had the same functionality as the DPP GTS, then that would be an odd city for it.

It would be very late in the game. Maybe it would be something like the wi-fi plaza or some other form of funstuff.

I'd say Goldenrod, or something early, perhaps, for the HGSS GTS location.

Yeah, Goldenrod with the GTS makes sense. I think it could be in Olivine, Celadon... big cities in general.

If they do place the GTS somewhere other than that spot in Vermilion, though, I wonder what they'll put there. Maybe that old fellow will still be there with his Machop. :/ That'd be pretty odd.

That's pretty cool that he mentioned it. I like the connections between the generations.

But I really think it only means that the Underground MIGHT make an appearance in HGSS, but I doubt there will be any kind of interactivity between DPP and HGSS in the Underground.

I believe that if the underground makes an appearance in HG & SS, it would be for obtaining fossils, shards, and the stones (fire, water, leaf, sun etc...) Because if I recall well, you only get 1 of those stones in the game.

I wish it were more extended or something... more obstacles to help with the leveling and higher leveled Pokes... that might help with the fun process (if they use something similar to my roster for gym leaders). Some maps were downright lazy (Tohjo Falls, Slowpoke Well, etc...) so if they added more floors or something, that might work.

Yeah, Goldenrod with the GTS makes sense. I think it could be in Olivine, Celadon... big cities in general.

If they do place the GTS somewhere other than that spot in Vermilion, though, I wonder what they'll put there. Maybe that old fellow will still be there with his Machop. :/ That'd be pretty odd.

yea they would put it in a big city

Quick change of topic while I'm thinking about it.

In the original Gold and Silver you battled Red, aka your player of the previous generation, at Mt. Silver at the end of your journey. But since the remakes of FireRed and LeafGreen, we now have a female player to choose from in Kanto.

Anyone think that depending on the gender of the character you pick for your new Johto journey in HG and SS, that you may not face Red, but the female player (Blue, not Leaf in my book) instead?

Quick change of topic while I'm thinking about it.

In the original Gold and Silver you battled Red, aka your player of the previous generation, at Mt. Silver at the end of your journey. But since the remakes of FireRed and LeafGreen, we now have a female player to choose from in Kanto.

Anyone think that depending on the gender of the character you pick for your new Johto journey in HG and SS, that you may not face Red, but the female player (Blue, not Leaf in my book) instead?

interesting thought:grog::bidoof::bidoof::bidoof:

What I do hope Nintendo does with these is stay fairly true to the upgrades in item management/bag pockets and stuff that we've seen with D/P/Pt, in addition to the overall feel of those games.

The one complaint I had about FireRed/LeafGreen compared to R/S/E was that it felt a bit awkward and clunky... on more than one occassion, I'd accidentally hit the L or R button, and bring up that stupid in-game help system. I also didn't like the fact that TMs and Berries didn't have their own bag pockets, but required you to go to individual cases for them in the Key Items pocket. Pretty minor changes, yes, but they made the gameplay feel a bit weird compared to what I'd gotten used to with R/S/E. I think they wanted to try and stay true to the original games design a bit too much, and really stripped down the convenience that the item bag had developed.

Also, I really hope the PokeGear receives significant upgrades to make use of the touchscreen of the DS, and is given some resemblance to the Poketch... after being spoiled by the Dowsing Machine in D/P/Pt, I don't think I could ever go back to the conventional Itemfinder. Maybe the game could make a point of mentioning that Silph Co. is employing a visiting consultant from the Poketch Company in Sinnoh, helping with the redesign of the PokeGear (of which you recieve the prototype model).

(Possible) News update!

I don't know if any of you guys have heard,

but, Nintendo of america have registered trademarks for HeartGold and SoulSilver, and some of the interesting parts of the trademark include web based messaging and video streaming???

For more info, see the bulbawiki news article.

OR!

Maybe they'll BOTH be in the game. ;)

Update: I updated the availability lists in the first post to include the information on the availability of the Pokemon so far in Generation IV

I hope not. It was just fine with only Red. Changing more and more makes me die a little inside. I want a decent remake. Decent enough to at least only have minor changes in storyline. Changing Kris with Soul was heartbreaking enough (Although I'm fine with her) but changing the very last boss is going WAY too far.

I hope not. It was just fine with only Red. Changing more and more makes me die a little inside. I want a decent remake. Decent enough to at least only have minor changes in storyline. Changing Kris with Soul was heartbreaking enough (Although I'm fine with her) but changing the very last boss is going WAY too far.

You can't be too much of a purist... if they had both, it wouldn't exactly be changing anything as much as adding. Red could still be in the same place as usual, and the female equivalent could be occupying some other location in Johto or Kanto. Personally, I think it'd be kind of cool to have more than just a single hyper-advanced trainer (2, if you count your own player) in a region.

If the game stays that boringly true to the original, without many of the innovations this franchise has seen in the decade since Gold and Silver were first released, it won't sell well at all with the new generation of players... they'll be bored to tears by it.

I know, but Gold was my favorite game, and seeing the story tampered with... it sucks. I just want it to be as good as a remake as FR and LG were, with very accurate storyline but differences made too it. Maybe adding a few places like FR and LG wouldn't hurt. But the last boss, I just personally don't think there needs to be an addition made to it. Red was awesome on his own, I just think Green will take all the thunder.