No idea' date=' but we can always hope... :confused:

It would be very interesting if some pkmn got new forms. New functions are always fun too, everything new is fun I think... =P

I also hope there will more quests for certain things, like The Lucky Egg Quest in Pokémon xD: Gale of Darkness. That quest was really nice.

It would also be a bit fun if they up-graded the way you FLY to certain places, it would be cool if you had the option to see how your pkmn actually flies you to the chosen location, over houses, trees, water, other stuff... But it must of course be an option to turn it off and fly the old fashion way.[/quote']

You never know what nintendo will think of next. This is a good idea and it is fairly possible. It most likely will be only showing you over the sea, over the mountains and over the plains. Much like in Colosseum and xD. But i doubt that they will make that.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, they did have in that one preview the pikachu colored pichu following the trainer and interacting with the jagged-ear Pichu. So in theory one could expect at least that pokemon besides the starters to follow you.

My big question is will it still follow you after it evolves? We have yet to see any previews with an evolved starter, but then in every preview shown is still pretty early in the game so the trainer just may not have evolved it. However, I know I had a quilava by the second gym so I am guessing after evolution the stater no longer follows you or GameFreak got lazy and even after it evolves it still shows the stage one form in the overworld sprite.

I speculate that add new places, probably like Orange Islands was added to Kanto in their remakes.

I doubt Orange Islands will ever make it into the games. They were anime-exclusive... and the gym battles weren't really battles most of the time either. How in the world will they ever put in the Crystal Onix? o_O

The Sevii Islands in FR/LG were akin to it, but not exactly the same. Just a bunch of sidequests and whatnot.

So what do you guys think? Do you think Sevii Islands will be in HG/SS? It seems parts of G/S/C plot was put in Sevii Islands (the last Rocket with Houndoor and Houndoom who was MUCH higher leveled than his GSC counterpart lol)...

I don't think they will add Sevii Islands, but I think they will probably add something. Then again, they do have a lot of time on their hands if they plan on making Kanto. I speculate that Kanto will be in there. I'm almost 100% sure.

And so am I. But Guested pointed out there might be possibility that Kanto may be excluded. That's where the almost comes in... :-/

If Kanto is included, hopefully it's not the ghost town (as randomspot says) that it was in GSC. If it does get extended, then there'd be no reason to add the Sevii Islands then :-/

True. I've been hearing rumors that the Radio Towers will be replaced with TV Towers. Does anyone else think so? I'm almost 100% sure they will stay the same. I ask this because it could drastically affect the storyline, and I speculate the storyline will be as accurate as FR and LG.

i am also ALMOST 100% sure the towers wont change since they are a part of the storyline:D;)

True. I've been hearing rumors that the Radio Towers will be replaced with TV Towers. Does anyone else think so? I'm almost 100% sure they will stay the same. I ask this because it could drastically affect the storyline, and I speculate the storyline will be as accurate as FR and LG.

Are we talking about this again? It's not a rumor, it's just something I was thinking about. I'll explain it again.

Since the original PokeGear had a phone built in, I suggested that they may end up changing the PokeGear to look more like a modern cellphone... which, for the record, turned out to be correct after the character art was released.

So following up on that....

EVERY broadcast tower in Japan these days is primarily TV broadcasting tower. And all new cell phones for the past few years have included a digital TV tuner. In fact, I watched the last part of Pokemon Sunday this week on my cell phone. As long as you're within range of a tower, you get a nice clear digital picture.

My assumption is that they'd change the radio on the PokeGear to be a TV, just to fit with the times (it's been ten years). Now, I DON'T think that this would change the functionality of the Gear at all (think about what happens when you watch a TV in any other Pokemon game). It will probably be exactly the same as radio feature, but just called something different.

There's no reason why it would change the story. Broadcast signals are broadcast signals.

This is just something I'm guessing they'll put in to make it a little more modern. The only people with portable radios in this country are old people (I'm not kidding).

Good point Guested. I actually would like to see them update the pokegear in such a way. Though I would like to still see the radio feature some how. Remember how you could play music and either attract or repel pokemon? I always thought that was neat. I assume they could still have that. Except maybe since it is a tv they could have a little pokemon dancing? Now that would be cool.

Maybe if they add the TV feature you could actually watch little snippets on the pokegear kinda like how you had little cut scenes in DPP for special events on the TV. Except you could watch these all the time instead of just once?

Are we talking about this again? It's not a rumor, it's just something I was thinking about. I'll explain it again.

Since the original PokeGear had a phone built in, I suggested that they may end up changing the PokeGear to look more like a modern cellphone... which, for the record, turned out to be correct after the character art was released.

So following up on that....

EVERY broadcast tower in Japan these days is primarily TV broadcasting tower. And all new cell phones for the past few years have included a digital TV tuner. In fact, I watched the last part of Pokemon Sunday this week on my cell phone. As long as you're within range of a tower, you get a nice clear digital picture.

My assumption is that they'd change the radio on the PokeGear to be a TV, just to fit with the times (it's been ten years). Now, I DON'T think that this would change the functionality of the Gear at all (think about what happens when you watch a TV in any other Pokemon game). It will probably be exactly the same as radio feature, but just called something different.

There's no reason why it would change the story. Broadcast signals are broadcast signals.

This is just something I'm guessing they'll put in to make it a little more modern. The only people with portable radios in this country are old people (I'm not kidding).

Sorry, I must have mistook what you said to be fact. Although I do agree, and strangely I would be perfectly fine with a change like that done to the remake, since it would not change the storyline and all. If they made it look like a modern day cellphone, imagine what else they could have changed. Hmm, I speculate that there will be customizable clothing for the character so the player may make the character dress more modern like. I don't really believe this, but it seems like a possibility.

can any pokemon follow you around or is it just the starter
Probably only the starter, but is unknown yet.

It would be a bit messed up if any pkmn was able to follow you, think about Groudon making holes in the ground when it walks and making the ground shake or a Wailord jumping around or something... :biggrin:

Wraith89 Edit: Please do not curse when you can easily use another word to replace it, thank you :)

Edited by wraith89
Please TRY to not curse, thank you :)

It has been proven that your starter is not the only one that follows you. Read it here http://projectpokemon.org/articles.php?req=read&article_id=30. I speculate that this is just something they decided to do after finishing the sprites for the daycare. Since other Pokémon may follow you, could it be possible there is an overworld sprite for all of them?

It has been proven that your starter is not the only one that follows you. Read it here http://projectpokemon.org/articles.php?req=read&article_id=30. I speculate that this is just something they decided to do after finishing the sprites for the daycare. Since other Pokémon may follow you, could it be possible there is an overworld sprite for all of them?

That's not really proven.

That's a special event, so it could just be specific to that.

Well it says that starter Pokémon are not the only one that follow you in-game, I doubt they would say that just referring to the notch eared Pichu. Remember, Gold and Silver were the only games that showed you your Pokémon in the front yard of the daycare, but of course that was when Pokémon were classified as monster and bird etc. so could it be possible that they decided to do the following thing since they had already made the overworld sprites? I'm thinking that's why.

(pssst, guys.... stop saying Notched ear/notch eared)

The article actually says nothing about that. That statement was one of those that were made out of assumption, not on things that were actually confirmed. The statement was made based on the photo showing the player with the Pikachu-colored Pichu encountering the Jagged-ear Pichu in Ilex Forest. It's possible the Pikachu-colored Pichu just comes out for that event/encounter.

At any rate, the REAL article says nothing about it. So we don't know whether or not that Pichu was following the player around, or even if it's just THAT special event pokemon that'll follow the player (other than the starters).

Then again, it IS possible that any number of Pokemon could follow you around (like Amity Square, or even all). The fact is, we just don't know yet.

(pssst, guys.... stop saying Notched ear/notch eared)

The article actually says nothing about that. That statement was one of those that were made out of assumption, not on things that were actually confirmed. The statement was made based on the photo showing the player with the Pikachu-colored Pichu encountering the Jagged-ear Pichu in Ilex Forest. It's possible the Pikachu-colored Pichu just comes out for that event/encounter.

At any rate, the REAL article says nothing about it. So we don't know whether or not that Pichu was following the player around, or even if it's just THAT special event pokemon that'll follow the player (other than the starters).

Then again, it IS possible that any number of Pokemon could follow you around (like Amity Square, or even all). The fact is, we just don't know yet.

Sorry Guested. I just heard it as notch eared Pichu. I don't even know what it is.

I'm speculating only the starters though... just like Yellow. Platinum added the starters admission into Amity Park in Platinum as well :-/

I'm actually thinking the same as you. Probably just the starters.

I've explained it a couple times in this thread and elsewhere that serebii's translations are usually quite idiotic.

The fact remains that a "notch," IN ENGLISH is an indent. Those are not notches in this Pichu's ear.

Fenzo and I agreed we should start calling it the Jagged-ear Pichu, since it makes more sense and also fits with the Japanese name. Recently I've almost started thinking that maybe something like Spiky-ear Pichu or Spiky-eared Pichu would be better... but I'm not sure.