Is Pokemon Platinum worth getting for owners of Diamond/Pearl?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Is Pokemon Platinum worth getting for owners of Diamond/Pearl?

• Yes
    • No

Yeah there are contests. The first round is easy and my eevee has 1 ribbon from each contest type for the first rank and still working on the next level. Contests can take a while if you do them in great quanity but if you are only looking for ten, and you have means to get 1 ribbon at least each day, (didn't know about that and I'm going to go check it out) plus you have ribbons already the contests should be piece of cake.

Mewtwo Ex...He might not have access to the resort area and that is why he needs to get the ribbons on one pokemon.

Buy ribbons in Resort Area.

Mewtwo Ex...He might not have access to the resort area and that is why he needs to get the ribbons on one pokemon.

actually, i have already accessed the Resort Area, but not the Ribbon Building :(

=========

Yeah there are contests. The first round is easy and my eevee has 1 ribbon from each contest type for the first rank and still working on the next level. Contests can take a while if you do them in great quanity but if you are only looking for ten, and you have means to get 1 ribbon at least each day, (didn't know about that and I'm going to go check it out) plus you have ribbons already the contests should be piece of cake.

yeah, thanks for this. it looks like that i'll have to win two contests only 'coz today i got another one from that ribbon girl in Sunyshore. :grog:

Does anyone know when your starter Pokemon's gender, nature, and IV's are determined? When you first start a new game? Or when you first choose one?

just make a legal hatched pokemon with your ideal stat :)

it will take a long time to get one if you do that ...

especially if you search for a shiny starter pokemon :P ( Is it possible to get a shiny starter pokemon?? xD )

It is possible to get a shiny starter. I haven't personally but I know of people that have and I know that it is possible to get them from a process like soft resetting. Also if you look on the thread, Your first shiny pokemon, somewhere in there someone will say they got a shiny starter or something like that. However, to the best of my knowledge the answer to your question is yes.

It is possible to get a shiny starter. I haven't personally but I know of people that have and I know that it is possible to get them from a process like soft resetting. Also if you look on the thread, Your first shiny pokemon, somewhere in there someone will say they got a shiny starter or something like that. However, to the best of my knowledge the answer to your question is yes.

You can, but you have to have a lot of patience.

i have 3 questions if you can answer please post.

1.is it possible for a lvl 1 pokemon to have 85 evs in every stat or would it be considered a hack if it does.

2.can pokemon have a maxed out contest conditions like cool and cut in every stat.

3.how do i drag the pkm file onto the legit checker. (nooby i know =Þ)

I think this is the wrong section to post this. As for your questions:

1) No, the base EXP to level 2 is usually 18 or something... so you couldn't have possibly done that before evolving a Pokemon. So that's a definite hacked.

2) I don't think that's possible either. Isn't the limit 12 Poffins or something?

3) Save the pkm file, and just hold the mouse over the file and drag that file in the legit checker thing.

I'm going to move this topic though, so next time, post topics in the right places ;)

EDIT: Actually, I'm not so sure if this is the right/wrong place. I'm new to this moderating thing, forgive me :D

The third question, though, is a definite Pokesav question. So I'll stick it in the small topics place ;)

Weird. I searched the move double edge specifically, and ambipom and a whole list of others appear. I'm referring to the BP 120 normal move.

i tried it all the pokemon come up that have entrys on the site go back and look down through the stratagie dex then search double edge the lists are the same

Wraith89 is on the right track...

In firered/leafgreen/emerald if you teach your aipom the move double edge via move tutor and then evolve it by leveling it up after double hit has been learned then you will have an aimbipom that knows the move double edge. Then you will have to pal park it to your D/P/Pt to get it up to your fourth generation game. It is possible just maybe a little more work then you thought.

Wraith89 is on the right track...

In firered/leafgreen/emerald if you teach your aipom the move double edge via move tutor and then evolve it by leveling it up after double hit has been learned then you will have an aimbipom that knows the move double edge. Then you will have to pal park it to your D/P/Pt to get it up to your fourth generation game. It is possible just maybe a little more work then you thought.

Only you can't learn Double Hit in FR/LG. That move and Ambipom wasn't introduced until Gen IV, so all you need to do is teach it Double Edge, then Pal Park to D/P/P, then get it to learn Double Hit and evolve.