Jump to content
Message added by jasenyoface

Version 19.09.19 Now Available!

Recommended Posts

PKHeX for Mac
Made with Wineskin
pkmac.png

 

Welcome to PKHeX for Mac Discussion thread! Please post here if you need help or are experiencing issues related to this Wineskin wrapper, and use the PKHeX Support forum for issues related to the program.

This is a Mac App that was made using Wineskin; it is not a port of PKHeX onto the Mac operating system. With Wineskin, we can recreate an environment where executable files will launch on Mac. As far as what is known, all features in the original program work in this wrapper. There are a few differences though. PKHeX for Mac is styled with MacOS. Also, the app's icon is different from the original PKHeX program to better fit in with the theme of the app.

Download

 

Credit to Kaphotics
Source: https://projectpokemon.org/home/files/file/1-pkhex/


Issues with Wine and PKHeX? This app not working for you? Check out the PKHeX on Mac guide:

 

 

  • Like 17
  • V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1
  • Hahaha 1
  • Ditto 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ChokingVictim87 said:

You are a godsend dude! Thanks so much:)

 

Quick question: I downloaded from your link and the file automatically unzipped. I click open,and it bounces on the dock then nothing happens.Has done this 4 times now. When I click it it says "application not responding" greyed out

 

Any ideas?

Does it stop bouncing at any point?

if not, it may take some time as it did for @Are You 18 Now He said it took a while to launch. 

To answer your question from the previous thread, don't use the mono version of pkhex.zip to build in Winebottler  

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, jasenyoface said:

Does it stop bouncing at any point?

if not, it may take some time as it did for @Are You 18 Now He said it took a while to launch. 

To answer your question from the previous thread, don't use the mono version of pkhex.zip to build in Winebottler  

 

 

Its ok dude,I figured it out. I already had my own wine running,stopped that and it worked first time:)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

tested, works great, thanks @jasenyoface and of course @Kaphotics, you total dons, you did prof oak a proud

only issue, which was present in my own wine package of the most recent update (unless there's been another in last day or so, haven't checked) is PKHeX no longer auto detects the most recent save file from SD card

not sure if this is something to do with my personal computer set up or the software on the whole, worth noting though 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, giant glowing skeleton said:

tested, works great, thanks @jasenyoface and of course @Kaphotics, you total dons, you did prof oak a proud

only issue, which was present in my own wine package of the most recent update (unless there's been another in last day or so, haven't checked) is PKHeX no longer auto detects the most recent save file from SD card

not sure if this is something to do with my personal computer set up or the software on the whole, worth noting though 

I have alway had to navigate to my save file. So I'm not sure about that function using Wine. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@jasenyoface strange, it worked the way i described on all previous updates


your .zip has been working fine up to now, importing / exporting sets has worked a treat, suddenly the import function now brings up this error (see attached .rtf) 

this has happened with previous builds, usually restarting the software solves the issue, in this instance it has not, i've tried restarting the whole machine and the problem is persisting 

exporting sets still functional


**EDIT, weirdly it is only giving me the error when I try to import a Greninja set? All other Pokemon I am attempting to import work fine — editing the set to be a Froakie and then manually changing to Greninja worked

@Kaphotics do certain Pokemon have problems being imported?
 

 

import set error.rtf

Edited by giant glowing skeleton
update
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, giant glowing skeleton said:

@jasenyoface strange, it worked the way i described on all previous updates


your .zip has been working fine up to now, importing / exporting sets has worked a treat, suddenly the import function now brings up this error (see attached .rtf) 

this has happened with previous builds, usually restarting the software solves the issue, in this instance it has not, i've tried restarting the whole machine and the problem is persisting 

exporting sets still functional


**EDIT, weirdly it is only giving me the error when I try to import a Greninja set? All other Pokemon I am attempting to import work fine — editing the set to be a Froakie and then manually changing to Greninja worked

@Kaphotics do certain Pokemon have problems being imported?
 

 

import set error.rtf

Look here  Here

when a new .zip is added with updates, I can make an updated pkhex.app

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Xhiel said:

First of all thank you so much for this!! <3

I've downloaded it and when I open it, it bounces for about 10 seconds and then stop and doesn't open. Do you know what may be causing this? 

After it bounces and stops usually takes it a few to open. Do you get any feed back or errors.   I built it containing wine bundle so user shouldn't have to have wine to run it. 

If you have wine or anything else wine related running, close it.  

Or delete the app and download the zip again

 Alternatively, try using Winebottler to build pkhex. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, jasenyoface said:

After it bounces and stops usually takes it a few to open. Do you get any feed back or errors.   I built it containing wine bundle so user shouldn't have to have wine to run it. 

If you have wine or anything else wine related running, close it.  

Or delete the app and download the zip again

 Alternatively, try using Winebottler to build pkhex. 

No, I don't get any. The problem was that I had wine running, ty!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you so much for the update, just thought id let you know i get this error message ...

 

Exception Details:
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {DC1C5A9C-E88A-4DDE-A5A1-60F82A20AEF7} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG).
   at System.Windows.Forms.OpenFileDialog.CreateVistaDialog()
   at System.Windows.Forms.FileDialog.RunDialogVista(IntPtr hWndOwner)
   at System.Windows.Forms.FileDialog.RunDialog(IntPtr hWndOwner)
   at System.Windows.Forms.CommonDialog.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner)
   at System.Windows.Forms.CommonDialog.ShowDialog()
   at PKHeX.WinForms.Main.mainMenuOpen(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Loaded Assemblies:
--------------------
mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\mscorlib.dll

PKHeX-win, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\winebottler\PKHeX.exe

System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll

System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll

System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll

Accessibility, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Accessibility\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Accessibility.dll

System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll

System.Deployment, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Deployment\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Deployment.dll

--------------------
User Message:
An unhandled exception has occurred.
You can continue running PKHeX, but please report this error.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Philbo said:

Thank you so much for the update, just thought id let you know i get this error message ...

 

Exception Details:
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {DC1C5A9C-E88A-4DDE-A5A1-60F82A20AEF7} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG).
   at System.Windows.Forms.OpenFileDialog.CreateVistaDialog()
   at System.Windows.Forms.FileDialog.RunDialogVista(IntPtr hWndOwner)
   at System.Windows.Forms.FileDialog.RunDialog(IntPtr hWndOwner)
   at System.Windows.Forms.CommonDialog.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner)
   at System.Windows.Forms.CommonDialog.ShowDialog()
   at PKHeX.WinForms.Main.mainMenuOpen(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Loaded Assemblies:
--------------------
mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\mscorlib.dll

PKHeX-win, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\winebottler\PKHeX.exe

System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll

System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll

System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll

Accessibility, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Accessibility\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Accessibility.dll

System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll

System.Deployment, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Deployment\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Deployment.dll

--------------------
User Message:
An unhandled exception has occurred.
You can continue running PKHeX, but please report this error.

Does the error happen when you import?

check this out

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Something that happened to me, was that I downloaded the zip but it kept bouncing for around 2 to 3 seconds every time I tried to open it. I put it on the Dock and it kept happening. I redownloaded it, deleted the old one, and repeated, but I get the same problem. I closed Wine and even deleted it but it still keeps bouncing after several restarts and shut downs as well. Please help!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, angelofebus said:

Something that happened to me, was that I downloaded the zip but it kept bouncing for around 2 to 3 seconds every time I tried to open it. I put it on the Dock and it kept happening. I redownloaded it, deleted the old one, and repeated, but I get the same problem. I closed Wine and even deleted it but it still keeps bouncing after several restarts and shut downs as well. Please help!

Do you have X11 installed along with wine and winebottler? 

Wondering which way did you delete wine? 

Try using winebottler to make the app. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 04/02/2017 at 5:40 PM, jasenyoface said:

Does the error happen when you import?

check this out

 

It appears when I load my save file, which I've been using previously without an error message on previous updates. It also appears when i try to click on the 9 tabs like "trainer info" i cant edit any of it, the error appears and wont open the tab...

 

do i need to have wine running while i use the app?

 

Edited by Philbo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, AlxMraz said:

It didn't work with me due to Wine, I uninstalled Wine and it just bounces for a few seconds, then closes. Anytime I try to run PkHex it just closes after bouncing for half a second. Any suggestions?

do you have X11 installed? You should keep Wine incase you decide to use Winebottler if all else fails. Its very easy to use. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/6/2017 at 5:47 AM, Philbo said:

It appears when I load my save file, which I've been using previously without an error message on previous updates. It also appears when i try to click on the 9 tabs like "trainer info" i cant edit any of it, the error appears and wont open the tab...

 

do i need to have wine running while i use the app?

 

Download the update 170207 at the top of the page. Give it a chance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/7/2017 at 11:47 AM, giant glowing skeleton said:

@jasenyoface this is a slightly off topic, but have you had any success getting the mass editor to function properly on mac?
if so, would you be prepared to upload a .zip of this as you did with PKHex? awesome if so, no worries if not

Mass Editor

Download link 

Let me know how it goes @giant glowing skeleton ^_^

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...