Jump to content
jasenyoface

Version 18.09.11 Now Available 

Message added by jasenyoface

Recommended Posts

On 05/04/2017 at 4:12 PM, jasenyoface said:

Ok, I see what you mean.  I can correct this for you:D  Fortunately, this is a very simple fix.

Download this icns.txt file. The directions are included. 

that's so helpful, thank you :-)

( i managed it! whoop whoop!)

Edited by Philbo
update
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

every time i try to run this updated version it says i need to have net framework 4.6 on my windows laptop i though ok i'll download that but now it still wont run im just gonna use the older one it still works right now   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ilovepokemon321 said:

every time i try to run this updated version it says i need to have net framework 4.6 on my windows laptop i though ok i'll download that but now it still wont run im just gonna use the older one it still works right now   

If you are using a windows based OS and downloading PKHeX from this thread, you are downloading it from the wrong source. 

This thread's purpose is to deliver PKHeX to Mac users.

You should download PKHeX from here

Also, this link has a lot of helpful information about PKHeX. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EDIT: So I followed the directions and built the pkHex wine app myself following an earlier tutorial posted. I am having the same issue as @Philbo though. The MediaFire link provided with the icons file and directions is private though. Can anybody assist with this? I got PkHex working and running fine but the icon is bothering me haha.

Edited by NickVengeance
changed post. updated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, NickVengeance said:

EDIT: So I followed the directions and built the pkHex wine app myself following an earlier tutorial posted. I am having the same issue as @Philbo though. The MediaFire link provided with the icons file and directions is private though. Can anybody assist with this? I got PkHex working and running fine but the icon is bothering me haha.

When I updated this tread with PKHeX 20170424, I fixed the icns issue.  

That's awesome that you wrapped it yourself!  It's pretty easy to do after you do it a few times.  So here is the link for the icon: icns.txt -enjoy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So its interesting, because when I press info on the wrapped PkHex, the icon shows. But in my applications folder, its just the "generic" application photo next to it. And when I try to put the icon into the get info preview to update it, it gives me an error that says "wine cannot open file type Apple Icon File" or something like that. What am I doing wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, NickVengeance said:

So its interesting, because when I press info on the wrapped PkHex, the icon shows. But in my applications folder, its just the "generic" application photo next to it. And when I try to put the icon into the get info preview to update it, it gives me an error that says "wine cannot open file type Apple Icon File" or something like that. What am I doing wrong?

So to understand you correctly; When you right click and press get info on your wine.app, the icon  does appear. However in your App folder, the wine.app has a generic icon.  Also, when your PKHEX.app is running the generic icon is also displayed in your dock.

After you wrapped PKHeX, was it's original icon ever displayed? Either running or not?  Also are you wanting to use the icon that I provided or are you simply trying to get PKHeX's original icon to be displayed?  I ask because you asked for my icns.txt file.  

If you are just wanting PKHeX's original icon to be displayed, then you need to wrap PKHeX again. That may fix your problem. Sometimes, for reasons I do not know, the icon will not be present post wrap.  Wrapping again has fixed that issue for me plenty of times.  

If you're wanting to use my icon here is how it works.  When you edit the wine.app icon, it only changes how it appears in your Application folder or where ever your app is located.  Usually it's as easy as a copy and paste with a .icns file within the "Get Info" menu.  The icon that I provided is slightly different because it is a .txt file with it's icon being the desired icon for PKHeX.  So the instructions within that .txt file should be followed. That being said, when you run PKHeX, it's original icon will still be displayed in the dock unless you alter the icon from the .EXE file too. Which I do so everything matches.  

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

every time i try to run the application, it either doesn't even start up, or it says that i need the .net framework installed. everything I've tried to install the .net framework, that doesn't work either. help?

 

edit: i think i got it working... maybe

Edited by cooler9711

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey I have a question here, which file do I import if i want to start making changes?

It doesn't auto-detect my SD card when i attached it. May I know which file do I import from the following folders?

Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 2.18.31 AM.png

Edited by Gangstanizer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Gangstanizer said:

Hey I have a question here, which file do I import if i want to start making changes?

It doesn't auto-detect my SD card when i attached it. May I know which file do I import from the following folders?

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 2.18.31 AM.png

 

Do you have a save manager?  A save manager will allow you to export and import your save file to your SD card.

I suggest that you try JK's Save Manager (JKSM). With JKSM, you can export/import your save data to your SD card. After exporting your save data to your SD card, PKHeX should detect your save file automatically.  If it doesn't automatically detect your save file, you can easily find your save file in a folder named "JKSV" that will be on the root of your SD card. Your save file will be in subfolder "Saves".  You can navigate to your save file within the PKHeX app.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, jasenyoface said:

Do you have a save manager?  A save manager will allow you to export and import your save file to your SD card.

I suggest that you try JK's Save Manager (JKSM). With JKSM, you can export/import your save data to your SD card. After exporting your save data to your SD card, PKHeX should detect your save file automatically.  If it doesn't automatically detect your save file, you can easily find your save file in a folder named "JKSV" that will be on the root of your SD card. Your save file will be in subfolder "Saves".  You can navigate to your save file within the PKHeX app.

Hey @jasenyoface, I am a complete noob on this! Do u mind to guide me step by step?

1. Where do I install JKSM to, is it my MAC or N3DSXL?

2. Do you mind to take a few screen shot? Or is there any thread that particularly describe about how everything works?

3. How do I install JKSM? OMG I'm getting confused.

Edited by Gangstanizer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Gangstanizer said:

Hey @jasenyoface, I am a complete noob on this! Do u mind to guide me step by step?

1. Where do I install JKSM to, is it my MAC or N3DSXL?

2. Do you mind to take a few screen shot? Or is there any thread that particularly describe about how everything works?

3. How do I install JKSM? OMG I'm getting confused.

1. JK's Save Manager is installed on the 3DS.  You can find JKSM HERE

2. and 3. I suggest searching the internet for those things.  

We must stay on topic in this thread, which is PKHeX for Mac users.  If you have any more questions or issues related to PKHeX for Mac, continue to post them in this thread.  Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jasenyoface said:

1. JK's Save Manager is installed on the 3DS.  You can find JKSM HERE

2. and 3. I suggest searching the internet for those things.  

We must stay on topic in this thread, which is PKHeX for Mac users.  If you have any more questions or issues related to PKHeX for Mac, continue to post them in this thread.  Thank you!

Yeah I just installed PKHeX on my MAC. just can't seem to get it work so I was searching for guidance in this post on how to get it work perfectly. Btw, big thanks to @jasenyoface for the guidance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2017 at 5:23 PM, MrTriana said:

What's the difference with the illegal version?
I downloaded that one and it worked on my mac. I'm running Yosemite btw.
Sorry If I ask too much, I'm not too familiar with this, I only started using this.

I am not familiar with this either.

Edited by Cloud9Skywalker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Cloud9Skywalker said:

I am not familiar with this either.

Illegal version allows you to change a pokemon to something that is knowingly illegal, such as an ability it is not supposed to have.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So how exactly do u save the Changes? I know in the.Windows version, I just right click and click set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Vyst12 said:

So how exactly do u save the Changes? I know in the.Windows version, I just right click and click set.

On Mac, if you are using a Trackpad, use two finger click OR hold [command] + click.  Using a mouse it's [command] + click OR simply right click on your mouse.
You menu will pop-up as normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys, after fiew hours to find a version of Phew who's working, I have this problem:

When I want to slide everything Pokemon on my box to my save, I can't and a message spawn and block the access and I can't do anything. I have reading all post of this topic and I didn't found the solution. If anyone can help me, thanks you so much. 

First message say :

Spoiler

Exception Details:
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\users\jason\Temp\647 - Rainbowdash - 3BF55E88D1AE.pk7'.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.File.InternalWriteAllBytes(String path, Byte[] bytes, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.File.WriteAllBytes(String path, Byte[] bytes)
   at PKHeX.WinForms.Main.Dragout_MouseDown(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)

Loaded Assemblies:
--------------------
mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\mscorlib.dll

PKHeX, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Program Files\PKHeX\PKHeX.exe

System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll

System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll

Accessibility, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Accessibility\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Accessibility.dll

PKHeX.Core, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Program Files\PKHeX\PKHeX.Core.dll

System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll

System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll

--------------------
User Message:
Drag & Drop Error

and the second say :

Exception Details:
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\users\jason\Temp\647 - Rainbowdash - 3BF55E88D1AE.pk7'.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.InternalDelete(String path, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)
   at PKHeX.WinForms.Main.Dragout_MouseDown(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Loaded Assemblies:
--------------------
mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\mscorlib.dll

PKHeX, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Program Files\PKHeX\PKHeX.exe

System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll

System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll

Accessibility, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Accessibility\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Accessibility.dll

PKHeX.Core, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Program Files\PKHeX\PKHeX.Core.dll

System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll

System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll

--------------------
User Message:
An unhandled exception has occurred.
You can continue running PKHeX, but please report this error.

Spoiler

pkhex bug.pngpkhe bug 2.pngpkhex bug 3.png

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jokelef said:

Hi guys, after fiew hours to find a version of Phew who's working, I have this problem:

When I want to slide everything Pokemon on my box to my save, I can't and a message spawn and block the access and I can't do anything. I have reading all post of this topic and I didn't found the solution. If anyone can help me, thanks you so much.

I cannot replicate this issue, unfortunately.  I am able to drag and drop any way the original program allows.

Please tell me which OS version you are running on your Mac.  OS X, macOS Sierra, or macOS High Sierra.

Here are a few things that I suggest.  Before using PKHeX, make a backup of your save data. 
1. Make sure your Keldeo (Rainbowdash) is in a safe spot, (e.g., not in that users folder).
2. Close PKHeX.  Delete the users folder "jason". [See screenshots.]
    When you download PKHeX for Mac from this topic, there shouldn't be a specific person's users folder
    within the "drive_C".  When I wrap programs, I delete user-specific folders which gives end users their own
    custom "users folder" when they run PKHeX for the first time.

3. After steps one and two, open PKHeX again.  Try to drag and drop again.

[Screenshots]

Spoiler

show contents.pngdelete this fodler.png

If you encounter the same issues after following these steps, re-download and try again.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesn't allow me to open the file with anything, it is also not zipped. Any help would be appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Zen_7 said:

it is also not zipped

Safari unzips them automatically and by default, I believe.  You can turn this off by: Safari > Preferences > General > uncheck "Open safe files after downloading". 

14 minutes ago, Zen_7 said:

It doesn't allow me to open the file with anything,

After downloading, the app is ready to go - just double click to run or you should actually drag it to your apps folder, then run it. Either way.  

Attach some screenshots of your process please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...