Pokémon Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire v2.2 (New Luma3DS 7.0+ Drag and Drop supported!)

Dio_Vento

I cant use Online Stuff or? Or why it Freeze? I use Hans...

Vova

Freezing when exiting Van-> did you randomize pokemon?

Freezing before start -> confirm you're on *hax 2.5, have the latest hans and boot.3ds updates AND most of all, make sure you properly applied the data in the proper folders!

Online -> no, HANS doesn't load update data

I haven't seen this answered yet so I'm gonna ask, Can you run the hans method with a sky3ds?

I dont want to delete my AS save off my retail cart, but I would like to play star sapphire.

With few exceptions, the Sky3DS behaves like a retail cartridge. So, you should be able to use Hans with a Sky3DS. I actually read that it makes the games with Sky-blocking anti-piracy work.

With few exceptions, the Sky3DS behaves like a retail cartridge. So, you should be able to use Hans with a Sky3DS. I actually read that it makes the games with Sky-blocking anti-piracy work.

Thank you, I didnt want to download it and then find out I couldnt get it to work or something like that

I haven't seen this answered yet so I'm gonna ask, Can you run the hans method with a sky3ds?

I dont want to delete my AS save off my retail cart, but I would like to play star sapphire.

Answered here. Your mileage may vary, I don't own a Sky3DS.

Notes

• Any retail cartridges in the "Requirements" area can be replaced by a Sky3DS cartridge, but a Sky3DS cartridge cannot run Rutile Ruby or Star Sapphire directly.

Hello, does anybody know the best place/way to level your pokemon right before the second gym? I have my pokemon fully EV trained and 1 of my pokemon are 8 levels higher than Brawly's pokemon, but i still seem to keep losing. I have a level 25 gallade, 26 Zorua, 29 Combusken, 23 Kirlia (plan on getting gardevoir) 24 Shedinja, and 25 eevee. I plan on making my eevee a sylveon but at the moment i doesn't know any fairy moves. So, besides rebattling the same low level wild or trainer battles, is there another way to level my pokemon this early on?

@ScorelessPine

Coming solely from regular ORAS experience I would say rebattling trainers is your best bet. Sad to say, except for the facility in Mauville Hoenn has no redtaurants like Kalos.

That said, a (temporary) revision of your pokemon wouldn't hurt either. As it is you have 2 pokemon weak to fighting type which are essentially automatically potion fodder.

Lets touch on each pokemon separately.

shedinja - While admittedly at first sight one would say wonder guard ghost is perfect for fighting type, the ORAS AI is very keen to switch to a pokemon that can take it out one way or another. This fact is something to take to mind and thus scouting out brawly's move sets through soft resetting (game one, not homebrew. LRStart) can be used really well.

Eevee - learns Charm as fairy move on lvl 29 so lvl 30 can be Sylveon.

Aaand i'll continue this by editing in an hour or so. Typing this much from mobile is annoying :rofl:

@ScorelessPine

Coming solely from regular ORAS experience I would say rebattling trainers is your best bet. Sad to say, except for the facility in Mauville Hoenn has no redtaurants like Kalos.

That said, a (temporary) revision of your pokemon wouldn't hurt either. As it is you have 2 pokemon weak to fighting type which are essentially automatically potion fodder.

Lets touch on each pokemon separately.

shedinja - While admittedly at first sight one would say wonder guard ghost is perfect for fighting type, the ORAS AI is very keen to switch to a pokemon that can take it out one way or another. This fact is something to take to mind and thus scouting out brawly's move sets through soft resetting (game one, not homebrew. LRStart) can be used really well.

Eevee - learns Charm as fairy move on lvl 29 so lvl 30 can be Sylveon.

Aaand i'll continue this by editing in an hour or so. Typing this much from mobile is annoying :rofl:

I should probably mention, I bruteforced it by killing off his first two pokemon and continually using waters and attacking with gallade. I'm done with it now, but now that im in slateport, the team magma guys are difficult to fight one after the other.

I should probably mention, I bruteforced it by killing off his first two pokemon and continually using waters and attacking with gallade. I'm done with it now, but now that im in slateport, the team magma guys are difficult to fight one after the other.

That's both good and bad to hear haha. All I can say is best of luck really, I personally don't have the patience for grinding so I'd just "give my pokemon some steriods" if you know what I mean.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
is this playable on computer? like through emulation?

No. All 3DS emulators are in very early stages and can only play games VERY badly. Currently (don't quote me on this) they can't even load card2 (Games like XY/ORAS and Animal Crossing) games, they have just about got Cubic Ninja and Oricina Of Time working. Search for it yourself, Citra3DS.

no, the reason it can't load pokemon is because the CR0 files in them are RSA signed with retail keys and we don't know the retail keys to decrypt and run them on Citra, for example, Smash demo runs perfectly because there are no CR0 files in the RomFS but the actual smash game can't run because of the CR0 and same for Pokemon, Citra can deal with Card 2 games pretty easily actually