What are your thoughts on the new female character?

FLOOTENKERP

What are your thoughts on the new female character?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What are your thoughts on the new female character?

• I like her, she looks like she will make a good addition to the game.
    • I absolutely hate this girl. She looks like Mario and doesn't look appealing at all.
    • I don't care.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

=@.@=;; What is it with Game Freak and always making the females look very strange overall. I liked the female trainer from R/S/E, but that was really it... I like Platinum's version of Dawn as it gets rid of the horrible skirt, and at least her hat makes more sense when she is wearing warmer gear... Although would it have killed the game designers to give her some pants... =u.u=

This one in Heart Gold/Soul Silver is kind of in the same area... Overall design is okay, but once again (this seems to be a recurring trend), the female gets an absolutely ridiculous hat. It is so poofy that it makes one think she is hiding a massive afro under there. Also, seriously, who would ever actually wear overalls that short? Freaking character designers... =x.x=; Oh well, I suppose it could be worse... Overall I dislike the design... Maybe by fifth gen they will have a female that looks more decent... maybe... *thinks of game's origins* ...doubt it.

=@.@=;; What is it with Game Freak and always making the females look very strange overall. I liked the female trainer from R/S/E, but that was really it... I like Platinum's version of Dawn as it gets rid of the horrible skirt, and at least her hat makes more sense when she is wearing warmer gear... Although would it have killed the game designers to give her some pants... =u.u=

This one in Heart Gold/Soul Silver is kind of in the same area... Overall design is okay, but once again (this seems to be a recurring trend), the female gets an absolutely ridiculous hat. It is so poofy that it makes one think she is hiding a massive afro under there. Also, seriously, who would ever actually wear overalls that short? Freaking character designers... =x.x=; Oh well, I suppose it could be worse... Overall I dislike the design... Maybe by fifth gen they will have a female that looks more decent... maybe... *thinks of game's origins* ...doubt it.

Nah, I like Dawn's design from Platinum... and skirts make women look more feminine... so it was all right, although... she must be freezing (longer skirt then?) =P

... the new female character looks a bit too Marioesque to me still. The hat is cool, but overalls with shorts? Yeah... design clash there... I think I will call her Maria from now on.

Kinda indifferent to her.I usually choose the male design so it doesn't really effect me.she has a unique look I guess which gets taken for good or bad but i don't think its something people are gonna really lose sleep over in the long run...maybe next generation they should let players dress their own charcters

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I thought Leaf was the best-designed female playable character, personally; but Kotone seems allright. Not sure about the overalls, though, lol. If indeed they're truly popular in Japan right now, I might have to take a trip over there sometime. I don't think I've seen a girl wearing overalls since I was in preschool :rolleyes:.

I don't particularly like her character design. I prefer Kris/Crystal.

I suppose it's because I'm pretty much a tomboy. She just comes off as too girly.

Also I dislike the fact that choosing female in the games now comes with the added 'bonus' of PINK accessories.

Ugh. No thanks.

I'll probably be gender switching for these games.

i think the character is fine.

my friends & I were talking about how it would be nice if they would make a game where you choose from different hair, clothes etc. A customized trainer to represent what you want your trainer to be.

I don't know if that would make the programing of the game complicated, but its just an idea i think would be different & fun.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
i think the character is fine.

my friends & I were talking about how it would be nice if they would make a game where you choose from different hair, clothes etc. A customized trainer to represent what you want your trainer to be.

I don't know if that would make the programing of the game complicated, but its just an idea i think would be different & fun.

That was exactly what I was thinking. Like in PBR (Pokemon Battle Revolutionv - Wii). That would be so cool. *wonders if they are doing that in gen 5*