What are your thoughts on the new female character?

FLOOTENKERP

What are your thoughts on the new female character?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What are your thoughts on the new female character?

• I like her, she looks like she will make a good addition to the game.
    • I absolutely hate this girl. She looks like Mario and doesn't look appealing at all.
    • I don't care.

My theory is because there wasn't a girl in G/S before, they can pick any girl style they want in HG/SS.

Kris is a Crystal only girl, if this was a remake of Crystal then we would have a Updated Kris instead of redesign girl

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My theory is because there wasn't a girl in G/S before, they can pick any girl style they want in HG/SS.

Kris is a Crystal only girl, if this was a remake of Crystal then we would have a Updated Kris instead of redesign girl

Interestingly enough, a Crystal exclusive character Eusine will make an appearance in HGSS according to some Corocoro scans... which still puts a cloud above this new girl's appearance.

Hmmm... that sure is some redesign. I doubt it's Kris.

Yes, it is quite a redesign. Still could be her. Don't doubt the theory, because the positioning of the sprite, the hairstyle and all is similar to Kris's. Take the artwork and set it up side to side to see the similarity.

Not this theory again. G/S take place in the same region and generation as Crystal, even if it wasn't in G/S, they would still use the girl from that generation, and if this were a remake of only G/S, why would they use things from Crystal such as Eusine? It's pretty obvious that there is something else to this girl.

Kris was for Crystal and possibly like fire red and leaf green there wont be a third game along with the new remakes.

So the new one for soul silver and heart gold is probably a random new person with a different name like the girl in fire red and leaf green.

If you get what im saying.

If you'd read the whole topic, we already covered that the original RGBY generation had a girl player originally drawn for the game, she just wasn't implemented. The same character was then redrawn for FRLG.

BTW, screen shots recently have been labeling the girl as Heart and the guy as Soul. But we all know the guy is is a redesign of Gold, so why isn't she still considered Crys?

It may not be obvious, but it is a redesign of Crystal. The girl characters get a a whole new wardrobe based on what is popular in japan at the time. And the only thing REALLY different from the two designs if you put them in the same clothes is the hair, and its practically the same hair design as well. As for the hair color change, Red got a hair color change last generation, but he's still Red. Crystal's hair color change still makes her Crystal.

I'm not saying that they will use the Crystal/Kris name for the game, because we are obviously not playing a Crystal version, but at least IMO its the same character.

Kris_Soul.png

Here is a side-by-side comparison of the two. They slightly resemble, but not too much.

They look like they are pretty similar. The positioning could mean that all it is is a redesign. Keep your mind open to possibilities, I mean look at the two. Nintendo could have just want Kris to be more in style in Japan, doesn't mean it's a new girl.

Just to be a rebel, I will now refer to this character as "Heart".

I can't tell if you're intentionally trying to be a troll or not.

Instead of moderating this post, I'll just shut your idea down.

It will most likely not matter which gender you choose, but which game version you are playing. If you have Heart Gold, the game will undoubtedly suggest "Heart" as one of the default names, regardless of which gender you've chosen.

While I certainly "heart" (<3!) the new girly, the reason we call her Soul is because of the official name of FireRed/LeafGreen's female counterpart. See, the main boy's name is Red, the rival's name is Green, and the alternate/female main character's name is Leaf after the first word in the secondary game's title. Such is with HeartGold/SoulSilver.

But you probably already knew that. :wink:

I also did a side by side comparison and even listed all the things different. I agree with you fallen %100.

I'm glad we now know you think she is not a redesign. Mind telling us your opinion on this "new girl"?

Don't spam in my thread. If you want, you may refer to her as Heart while you explaining what you think of the currently unknown new girl or redesign.
I think we could all agree that Kris' 'crystal'-colored hair and design was so much cooler than this girl's design... ;)

I agree, but this girl or redesign is fine too, to bad for the hat though...

Yes, I have read my thread before. I've also seen that before letting us know what you thought of the girl, you let us know the similarities of the picture. It was only after that you showed us what you thought about her in style in Japan and how you had a problem with the monstrous hat, but could you let us know whether you are okay with her or not? For example, I don't care since I play as the boy. Or, I just think Kris was better. Or, she looks awesome and I would love to play as her. Maybe even, the design may be good in Japan, but I don't like how it looks. I'm tired of people only mentioning the hat. I hate Gold's Aladin pants, no one sees me arguing about those.

In my opinion, this character is NOT Kris. And I am being honest when I say its not because I think she is ugly and just don't want to admit it is Kris. Honestly the character looks fine to me. There is just to drastic of a difference between this art and Kris' Crystal art.

I highlighted it for ya :| Does that my my thoughts on her clear now?

That's fine, but you hid it all in with the rest of your theory of it not being Kris.

While I see some evidence to support it being Kris, I really don't think it is her. Why would they drastically change her design when the male, while updated, is basically the same?

Just look in the spoilers for what I mean.

Gold is pretty much the same. His hat ans shirt are the same, just slimmed down, his shoes are still red and white, and he still wears shorts, just all black now. He even has the same exact hair, black shirt under the hoodie, and the pokegear in the same spot.

HeartGold_SoulSilver_Gold.pngGold1.png

Silver is almost exactly the same too. Same concept of jean pants, black shoes, and a shirt with red accents. Except this time his shirt is a dark blue instead of black and we are missing the insignia. His hair is slightly less poofy, but otherwise the same.

HeartGold_SoulSilver_Silver.pngGold_Silver_Silver.png

Now compare the Crystal Art of Kris to the new HG/SS art of the new character referred to as Soul. There is a huge difference between the two when you consider how little Ken changed Gold and Silver. None of the cloths are the same except maybe that they are both wearing shorts. The hair, even though both have pig tails, is different as well and not just in color. Kris has blue eyes while Soul has brown. They don't even carry the pokegear in the same place.

HGSSSoul.png155px-Game_character_kris.png

In my opinion, this character is NOT Kris. And I am being honest when I say its not because I think she is ugly and just don't want to admit it is Kris. Honestly the character looks fine to me. There is just to drastic of a difference between this art and Kris' Crystal art.

And just a response to the Admit it is Kris, no one is making you admit anything. This is a possibility. Even I believe this is a new girl, but this is a possibility. So when you said "Honestly the character looks fine to me." you were trying to say you didn't think it was Kris because she was not beautiful, so that's why you said it, you weren't sharing your opinion of her, you were trying to tell us you didn't think she was ugly. Understand? I'm not trying to get you angry here, but I read my thread and I know what I say so please do not say I don't pay attention to my own thread.

I think you are beating a dead horse here Floot. My comparison was in response to what had already been said. :|

Moving on with the conversation, I agree with you Okami . I think we are all, for the most part, very fond of Kris's old design. It's the blue hair and eyes that do it for me. I love crazy colored hair.

I would have preferred the old Kris, but I really don't care since I won't be using her anyways.

I much prefer her as well. I mean, I don't care about how this girl looks, but I would much rather have Kris.

I'll probably will be playing as a boy myself. I always pick the girl since I am one, but for old times shake I think for my gold version I will pick the boy.