Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Speculation Thread

Alpha

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but didnt it appear in some kind of trailer in Japan?

Source video?

I think if they release a car pokemon it may be time to abandon the franchise (not really).

A car pokemon would obviously signify they have ran out of ideas for new pokemon.

A cone pokemon...yes I must admit that I laughed my head off when I saw Vanillite and its evolutions.

Trubbish, again I laughed when I saw it and Garbodor.

Over the years there have been some laugh out loud moments upon viewing the new generation (for me anyways).

Wobbuffet, Nosepass, Bidoof, Bibarel, Probopass, Mime Jr, Roggenrola and Klink/evolutions

Those pokemon would pale in comparison should a car pokemon be released and we all know it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LY007434ccA

Above video, 0.36, shows that The main attraction of Lumiose city, is the Gym.

(image in Spoiler)

2ytu03n.jpg

Look at the Golden Symbol at the top of the entrance. Isn't it the Gym Symbol?

To prove the Gym Symbol is used in Gen VI:

june_new_p8_02.jpg

EDITTTT:

Besides the Gym tower, apparently we've already seen Gen VI shinies:

Edited by theSLAYER
reloading images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
As I said before

I think game freak were originally going with form change (meloetta type where its in battle)

they just changed the name so fans don't complain

EDIT: dont remember what it was but in the demo video when mewtwo mega evolved

was its hp stat changed? or did it heal?

in these pictures it doesnt looked like it changed but i recall seeing some kind of movement in the hp when its evolving

honestly, this "name change" would have to be planned in advance because to change something so last minute, the game might have been delayed.

Besides, calling "Mega Evolution" made the fans scream "Digimon" --.

I was never into digimon when it first became popular along side pokemon but I notice some new pokemon after 151 look like digimons

maybe you are right

I just dont get why they make it battle only I would prefer it permanent or something :/

If I remember correctly, first series of Digimon "Mega Evolved" into Mega/Complete form or something, that reverts after battle

Some users elsewhere felt that Pokemon is now on the fence.

Gen V felt most digimon-like to me. (Ken Sugimori changed his art style after Gen II, and got help with more complicated designs, or so I read)

We have existing formes that aren't permanent right, such as:

Castform, Cherrim, Shaymin (based on time of day and cannot be frozen), Darmanitan (I think only in battle, hp must be below half),

Meloetta (reverts after battle).

Honestly, I feel that Mawile deserves a Proper Evolution. and Kangaskhan Jr, well, should be Kangaskhan Jr. (though parental bond is quite cool).

Aside to Fairy type, they probably also wanted to change the metagame with this "Mega Evolution".

It can be part of a strategy or last resort, because:

1. Some pokemon change type

2. some stats radically improve

3. abilities change

4. can only have one mega evo in battle

5. not everyone might get mega evos (maybe some mega-stones are events at specific locations T.T)

6. Competitive players might need to tweak their roster to combat against Fairies AND Mega-evos.

As for Mega Blaziken and Mega Mewtwo, I feel it's too imba to stay permanent.

at the same time, I feel that certain pokemon deserve a proper evolution, eg. Mawile, Absol.

--

A bit off track, but I noticed primarily, there's only been one mega evo for every Primary Type:

Psychic - Mewtwo

Fighting - Lucario

Normal - Kangaskhan

Electric - Ampharos

Dark - Absol

Steel - Mawile

Fire - Blaziken

(Yes, I am avoiding their Secondary typing, cause my premise is their Primary Type)

I know that they haven't revealed enough pokemon for this pattern to hold true,

Just speculating :)

Based on the German X, Y demo i can confirm that Mewtwo's HP stat didn't change upon Mega Evolution. But than again i doubt they would sacrifice held item for some esthetic change ...

Pokemon, would have to be really stuck on ideas if that is all it does. Worst of all (at least to me) is that it is temporary, so even if it boosts stats there is no way to calculate them. A thought accrued to me. - even if it powers up stats, no one said that the stones would boost the stats the same way for every pokemon.

Lucario gets +30 attack boost

Mewtwo gets +15 sp attack boost

Just a random speculation thought.

Based on the German X, Y demo i can confirm that Mewtwo's HP stat didn't change upon Mega Evolution. But than again i doubt they would sacrifice held item for some esthetic change ...

Pokemon, would have to be really stuck on ideas if that is all it does. Worst of all (at least to me) is that it is temporary, so even if it boosts stats there is no way to calculate them. A thought accrued to me. - even if it powers up stats, no one said that the stones would boost the stats the same way for every pokemon.

Lucario gets +30 attack boost

Mewtwo gets +15 sp attack boost

Just a random speculation thought.

Well, based on what I've been reading lately about X and Y's Mega Evolution, I'm thinking the stat changes in battle are not specific numbers, but stages, rather.

Like I've heard that Mawile's Defense and Special Defense each raise sharply (maybe two stages?) when it evolves in Mega Mawile. That's very impressive.

Also, some Mega Pokemon gain new Abilities, following my example of Mega Mawile, it has the Ability Huge Power. How's that for destructive? xD

Atk, Def, and Sp. Def increase? Sounds awesome to me. Mawile was my favorite Gen 3 Pokemon, so I'm so excited for that! :D

• 2 weeks later...

This is most likely fake, but this pastebin is talked about by some people at Smogon...

http://pastebin.com/C6761nic

Yeah, don't get your hopes up. It's only some pastebin posted by some yahoo (what in the world is "Metal" type? ... watch me eat my words when it's proven real). But whoever made this did put a great effort on it, as a lot of it is based off traditional French medieval folklore or mythology (such as the Cockatrice and the Knights), but so far, only Sylveon looks to be the Pokemon related to old Pokemon IN THIS PASTEBIN (don't take this pastebin list as real).

But do say it turns out real. How would you feel about this roster? Also new Butterfly is #666, sorry people. And if that burlesque Dragon becoming a small pixie fairy dragon at final roster is a new pseudolegend.. that's certainly a twist. If it is how it turns out, just imagine if the basic form was usable after all. Some nice concepts here if I do say so myself... if the real XY turns out anything like this. What do you all think?

Im on the phone so i cannot express myself whole.

This if turns out real, then i guess i will have one poison/psychic and one fire/psychic and one UFO looking pokemon.

Oh, before i forget... This might break the metagame. All sorts of crazy combinations in types...

Guess fairy is resistant against its type, beause imagine x4 times weakness against it own type...