PPSE Frequently Asked Questions

Sabresite

What is PPSE?

PPSE is a program which will eventually replace PokeSav & DSPokeEdit. This program will allow you to create and modify any feature of a pokemon or save file. It will tell you what parts of a pokemon are not legit, and how to fix it. It can show you all features of a pokemon, or just legit features.

What do I need to use it?

To modify your save file directly, a flash cartridge or action replay.

Can I check event pokemon with PPSE?

Sure. This program can check any GBA event, in-game event, NPC traded, gift, mystery gift, or other pokemon.

Can I generate 100% Legal pokemon with PPSE?

Yes. There are a few restrictions, but I hope to hammer those out as time goes on.

Can PPSE validate hatched pokemon?

Yes.

Will PPSE be able to output Action-Replay codes?

Yep, you can import a PKM file from our database, or create your own Pokemon and output it as an Action-Replay/Flash Cartridge compatible XML file.

My friend gave me a chained shiny pokemon, can I tell if its legal with PPSE?

Definitely. Pika, the creator of pika's anticheat is working closely with PPSE to better improve both services.

I want my pokemon to have really high IVs, can PPSE make it legal?

Yes. PPSE will allow you to set the IVs to anything within legal limits.

What Event Pokemon can be determined by PPSE?

We hope to eventually determine all of them. For now, two types can be determined. First are mystery gift, both with and without classic ribbon. And the next are Pal Parked GBA Event Pokemon.

Here are the following supported Pal Parks:

Mystery Mew

Wishmaker Jirachi

10 Aniv (USA)

10 Anniv (UK/French/Spanish)

10 Anni (Italian)

10 Jahre (German)

Jeremy

Bryant Park

Yokohama

Rocks Metang

Space C Deoxys

Tanabata Jirachi (Every year)

Pokemon Box

Hadou

Ruby/Saphire Berry Glitch Fix

Why are the movesets for pokemon that were Pal Parked different then others?

When a pokemon is Pal Parked, it could have come from Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Fire Red, Leaf Green, or Gale of Darkness.

Because this is true, the tutor moves, level up moves, tm moves, and specially acquired moves for all of those games are available.

Example is a Mew from the MYSTRY event: Untouched it comes with Pound/Transform. Because its Pal Parked, it could have:

Zap Cannon - xD Tutor Move

Hypnosis - xD Tutor Move

Psychic - TM Move (from GBA, or D/P)

Dream Eater - TM Move (D/P)

How will PPSE take care of trash bytes from Pal Parked Pokemon?

Trash byte sequences will be taken care of automatically. The program will also flag whether or not they are valid, and give you the option to normalize them.

Does PPSE do anything other than modify Pokemon?

Yes! - Our goal is to allow a person to modify everything possible in the SAV file, or output an AR code to do so. For those who do not have access to a flash cartridge or action replay, there will be an extra feature which will allow a person to wifi transfer pokemon to and from their DS and PC.

When do you plan on releasing this awesome tool?

Sometime between noon of tomorrow and the next super nova of a star in the local cluster of the milky way.

Edited by Jiggy-Ninja

Hello again Pokesav, or in this case, PKMN Database. I've found a pretty wierd error in a code I found for Diamond. I found that a rebattle code for Darkrai. But this code not only lets rebattle him, but it creates a glitch in the game. Do you think that this PokeMod might be able to fix this?

Edited by johnsom
mispunctuation

• 1 month later...

I'm just now looking at these. ;p

For those who do not have access to a flash cartridge or action replay, there will be an extra feature which will allow a person to wifi transfer pokemon to and from their DS and PC.

Hm, I don't remember seeing anything about wireless transfers between the DS and PC in the PokéMod feature list, and the last time I saw you mention it, you said it was a bad idea (at least doing it FTP style) due to leaving the user "vulnerable". How do you plan to implement this feature without using flash carts, anyway? I know you and some other people were working on the DS wifi protocol, but I didn't think you'd figured it out yet.

Also, after doing some reading on the DS wireless stuff, I see that it may be impossible anyway, due to the DS' requirement of having zero latency. I'm not much of a networking guy, but that sounds difficult to manage with so many different machines running the PokéMod software.

I'm just now looking at these. ;p

Hm, I don't remember seeing anything about wireless transfers between the DS and PC in the PokéMod feature list, and the last time I saw you mention it, you said it was a bad idea (at least doing it FTP style) due to leaving the user "vulnerable". How do you plan to implement this feature without using flash carts, anyway? I know you and some other people were working on the DS wifi protocol, but I didn't think you'd figured it out yet.

Also, after doing some reading on the DS wireless stuff, I see that it may be impossible anyway, due to the DS' requirement of having zero latency. I'm not much of a networking guy, but that sounds difficult to manage with so many different machines running the PokéMod software.

At the time I wrote it, I thought it was feasible. However it might not be until newer equipment becomes available. The zero lag thing is nonsense since the Nintendo DS can connect via internet. This feature is on hold until the new debugging equipment becomes available.

• 1 month later...

Do you think, Pokemod will be released before the English release date of HGSS. Also, I would like to ask if there will be a Pokemod for HGSS. And finally, I don't see a point in making the DP Pokemod if it's going to be released like a year later. By that time everyone or at least most people will be playing HGSS, if not then Platinum. I don't think much people would still be playing with the by-then-old Diamond and Pearl.

Do you think, Pokemod will be released before the English release date of HGSS.

Right now people are working on PPSE, which is basically PokeMod with a different approach. A Pokédex editing version of it has already been released, and it will continue to see new features every so often as they are completed by SCV / Jiggy-Ninja / whoever else can help.

...By that time everyone or at least most people will be playing HGSS, if not then Platinum.

PPSE will be compatible with all DS save file structures, and there will be no need for separate programs for them. It just may take some time to update the program(s) as the new games get released.

For those who do not have access to a flash cartridge or action replay, there will be an extra feature which will allow a person to wifi transfer pokemon to and from their DS and PC.
:eek: Whoa. WHAT?

Do go on, you handsome devil!