Kazo's B/W Tools

Bwah, so I'm trying to replace Hugh all together. However, I do not want the animated sprite and instead just want the static sprite.

I have implemented it in BWSE, yet all that appears is nothing. http://puu.sh/1S1MX

(However, once the battle is over, the sprite appears http://puu.sh/1S266 The same for during in battle quotes. http://puu.sh/1S24I)

Also, the mugshot has some strange palette swap. (http://puu.sh/1S1Jz) Is there perhaps a way to fix these problems?

The beginning of the battles use an animated sprite exclusively; that's why nothing shows up then. Static sprites aren't used for intros. Animations have to be figured out before you can have custom intro sprites.

No idea on the mugshot problem (haven't done anything related to them). I'd bet this issue has already been brought up in another post...

The beginning of the battles use an animated sprite exclusively; that's why nothing shows up then. Static sprites aren't used for intros. Animations have to be figured out before you can have custom intro sprites.

No idea on the mugshot problem (haven't done anything related to them). I'd bet this issue has already been brought up in another post...

But then, how is it i some Black / White 2 hacks, they have the static sprite with no animation.

Like in this video here;

Bwah, I'm sorry if I'm a nuisance. I'm quite new to hacking myself. :T

hehehehe that fact he just combined 2 clip only. i was see on he video, the battle stage is not battle stage on BW2....

Actually, all my battles (as of 2013) take place in B2/W2. In BWTE there are several "no data" trainer slots. These "No data" slots either have no sprite animation or the old sprite animation that Cheren and N used in B/W. I use the same editing process that I showed with Red's battle, except with the "no data" set to the Trainer instead of "Red".

just copy all the files used for a non animated spite into the slot of an animated one and then edit the image.

I have tried that and it still messes up. Though i have found a way to remove the animation, all you have to do is erase the sprite parts but leave the black box. You then replace the sprite on the right with your sprite. Only problem is that when inserted, it has an extra layer that is not supposed to be there, such as there will be an extra pixel line. This is the only way i know that works so far.

• 2 weeks later...

I need help ! :)

How to trade itens locations? Like put Ice Beam on Aspertia City (its just an example).

Which is the program? Please, someone help me :)

And how to put overworld sprites on the map( put a Hydreigon Overworld Sprite on Aspertia City, for example).

I want to make a hack of Pokémon Black 2, can someone tell me the programs that i need to do and the narc locations? Thanks a lot!

It really isn't.

Easiest way to learn scripting is to look at preexisting scripts in game and internalizing the logic that they use. It's pretty simple "if->then" logic with commands doing the work.

Overworlds are easily add-able if you follow the structure that has been posted. Just decompile the overworld file into the header and each overworld category and it's easy. Assign a new overworld the sprite you have inserted with BWOE and you're good.

Not sure what you mean regarding Ice Beam, but to change the PokeMart vendors there's a certain narc file you have to change. All narc locations and their functions are in the B2W2 General ROM Info thread.

The only problem is that there's no program (yet) to edit and place overworlds, so it's time consuming to do via hex. PPRE will eventually have this function (similar to advance map)

Sorry for disturb you, but i don't know how to use the hex editor (is it cygnus hex editor? Because I already have it). Do you know a video that explain? I want to edit moves, overworld, pokemart, and the itens that NPC gives to you. Thank you so much! :):)

why need more tutorial using video? without understand basic of editing on hex editor and script structure , you will ask more and more tutorial actually is no needed ._. please learn it first so we no needed create more specific tutorial for newbie... actually video on kaphotics channel is was telling everything and easy to follow.

:P

You can use Kazo's BWTE to edit the trainer you choose to face in the script.

Oh my bad, i havent been on YT in a while so im kinda outdated with all the latest stuff :T

Also I have a quick question, i forgot hot to solve this problem. When I unpacked and then extracted the overworld folder using tinke a048, i then made that folder into a .narc file using kiwi, but then when using bwoe i noticed that my filed for the sprites were all not in the correct file Id. All my overworld sprites are scambled please help me, i forgot how to fix this :[