I've said this before, I don't know why, I just do. I just have a strong disliking of him and the site.

You have a strong dislike for everything Floot. Don't steal my niche of being the hater :P

So what do you think about the map for Johto? Do you think it will be bigger than before? I seriously hope so... or else the game will be another short GSC.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have a strong dislike for everything Floot. Don't steal my niche of being the hater :P

So what do you think about the map for Johto? Do you think it will be bigger than before? I seriously hope so... or else the game will be another short GSC.

Considering that now there is a lot of space. Nintendo will surely make it bigger.

Considering that now there is a lot of space. Nintendo will surely make it bigger.

But could they do that without modifying the whole core story? Perhaps it was the reduction of levels that made things smaller. I don't know. Maybe I'm expecting routes D/Pesque, but to make things bigger MAY demand great changes. I hope it's for the better.

I don't know. Is it really that big? I haven't seen much of that video and it looks pretty much the same. I'd be okay if the towns were almost the same, but the routes are a bit too small (along with the dungeons). If they revamped those (without TOO much modifications for the routes) then I'd be fine.

Wraith, you don't hate anything, you love everything, and I hate that about you (Joking). But do you really think they will remap areas? Including towns? If you mean just like add a little more space thats fine, but changing it entirely would suck.

Wraith, you don't hate anything, you love everything, and I hate that about you (Joking). But do you really think they will remap areas? Including towns? If you mean just like add a little more space thats fine, but changing it entirely would suck.

I don't like everything :P

You haven't seen me flame Infernape and Zapdos yet, now have you?

I doubt they'll TOTALLY change stuff, but routes need some revamp because usually they're too small and filled with only a few trainers (that route in south of Ecruteak comes in mind).

It doesn't even have to be 256. It could be 64 + 64 for each region... although D/P were 64 MB and Platinum was 128 (I have NO idea where the extra 64 comes in in Platinum).

Yeah, but I'm hoping for big upgrades in dungeons.

Possibly the battle frontier.

Don't forget the distortion world.

I'm not sure if Platinum actually does take up the full extra 64MB. I forgot the trimmed rom size and haven't trimmed mine yet, but.... does anyone else know?

On your topic, Wraith, I really hope they beef up the routes in Kanto (if it's included). At least back to their original size, if not more.

And to PaDdy and Floot: Don't talk about serebii in here...

Wraith, you're just about as much of a hater as I am.

And contributing to this thread, I too would like to see a larger map size, added wilderness pokemons, better gameplay, etc. It's exciting to see the evolution of Pokemon handheld games within ten years. Look back to the original Gold & Silver, guys, look at the graphics, the sounds, everything about them.

We have truly been blessed by the technology of today, have we not? Things are getting to be so real now, and scifi and fantasy have come a long, long way. I am grateful for that, as a realist.

FR/LG was one of the biggest disappointments there were, but brought about the missing Kanto Pokemon from R/S so it was helpful nevertheless :)

But the MUSIC! The music that I heard back in R/B/Y... was REMIXED! MY EARS!!! @_@

Anyways, what do you think about the Pokemon following you? Do you think that will also be available if the Pokemon evolved?

Anyways, what do you think about the Pokemon following you? Do you think that will also be available if the Pokemon evolved?

Honestly, Wraith, that's the thing I'm looking forward to the most. I can't wait to see my little Cyndaquil or Totodile following my MALE character around (I can't stand the new girl's look...it's too country for me, no offense to the country people, hillbillies are actually people from northern Michigan, I'll have you know.)

I would think it would make sense to have the evolved forms follow you, but then again, I guess we'll have to wait and see for more information to be given to us, huh?

My disappointment remains that Mightyena is a Hoenn creature....*cries* There's none other that's wolf-enough for me!

Would Distortion World account for a whole half of the game? I don't know... it seems really odd to me. It is possibly Battle Frontier and Distortion World, but I'm not too sure.

All cartridge games have to be a power of 2 in MB because of the way the cartridges are designed. For DS games, that can be 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, or 256 megabytes. Perhaps D/P took up like 60 MB, but Platinum took up something like 70 MB, so they have to make it 128.