For people that own Action Replay DSI can now pokesav pokemon/events directly through the use of their sav file (requires .NET Framework 3.5) [Sadly not for HG/SS/B/W...]

Scarface

The Action Replay DSI doesn't come with a separate microSD card reader. I just bought one. All I got was the AR itself, the software disc and a USB cable to plug it into the computer. Is the thing actually incapable of communicating between the computer and the inserted microSD card via the USB cable? Am I missing something?

It is. The cable is just for the AR DSi. And in most countries the SD comes with an adapter making that device a bit more unneeded.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys if you can please poke Datel customer service with this problem, email or call. That's the ONLY way they ever update their products with new software. Sad.. but true. They release codes for the game that don't work very well and even then gbatemp does a WAY better job at codejunkies's MAIN purpose, supplying codes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Trying to restore it after it has gone through pokesav and been converted back gives me "The Current game cartridge does not match the specified save file!"

Can't figure out what's wrong with it. If anyone has any suggestions, helpful anecdotes, or explanations on how to get the damn thing to recognize that my pokemon diamond save is a pokemon diamond save so i can put it back on my retail cart, that would be amazing.

~New Guy,

Darkholme.

i am having this exact problem. if someone can help idd appreciate it! thanks!

Hmm, not sure why its doing that because it worked perfectly for me

Try doing it on platinum and see if that works

it is platinum. its giving me this error a lot. ill take the .sav, turn it to .duc and it gives me that. ill also try to back up the .duc from the platinum game, turn it to .sav, then back to .duc after im done with the pokesav, and it still gives me that.

• 2 months later...

When I go to the website that has the save file converter, I get a message from my McAfee Security system that the site is untrusted, and I might be downloading spyware. This is a shared computer, so I really don't want any spyware. Is there anywhere else I could go to download that?

There is a program here that can convert from .duc to .sav.

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?3751-ARDS-ME-%28%2A-DUC%29-to-%2A-SAV-%28and-back%29-Converter-%28Updated-to-Version-1-2-5%21%21%21%29&highlight=ardstosav

I have found that this worked fine for saves from Platinum, Diamond or Pearl that I have backed up myself on my DSi. If I use my DS with the ARDSi then it doesn't seem to work for some reason.

If you download files from Gamefaqs then the Shunyweb online converter definitely works on those to convert to Pokesav format. On Gamefaqs, some files are .sav files where the .sav has been changed to .duc so that the file could be added to Gamefaqs. Just renaming is OK for those.

I have yet to try this to any extent, but it is another downloadable offline converter program...

http://uniquegeeks.net/g/index/saves/offline.aspx

Um well I've been having some problems trying to use the action replay. I make the type of pokemon I want and thensave it. Next I drag it to the ards and finally activate the code and start up the game. And when I start I push L+R and I don't see anything in the pc. Can someone pm me on how to do it?

I would recommend a program called Pokegen from here for editing Pokemon. It reads .pkm files (which can be loaded into and saved out of Pokesav). The defailt codes for this program use the Select button to activate.

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?6424-Pokemon-Generator-%28Pokesav-replacement-for-Pokemon-editing%29

I am not sure which buttons are used from Pokesav. What is the first line of the code?

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, first time posting here. This thread encouraged me to go out and get an ARDSi + a 2 gig SD card, backing up the save game worked well. But I've come to a dilemma

Step 1: backup your sav file using action replay dsi and copy it to your computer

Been looking up all over the net, I can't find a way to rip it off from the AR to my computer, the AR is hooked up through the USB with the SD card inserted... is there something I'm doing wrong or a program I need? Drivers are installed but there is no device for me to explore under My Computer like I would expect.

EDIT: problem solved, thought the AR could function as a Storage device on its own only plugged into the USB, needed a USB SD reader which my roommate luckily had!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My AR DSi with a 2g micro sd card gives me the error "failed to create SAVES folder" and when I manually make a folder titled SAVES it still gives me the error. I am on firmware 1.25. Does anyone know if the SD card has to be formatted a certain way (FAT or FAT32 or something) or just a solution?

EDIT: it works fine with my Diamond. I guess it's just my White version