1280 x 800 px

That's more than enough to display the tooltip. If you really want to, you could try modifying the tooltip text with lots of lines and see at what point it starts causing this problem, if at all. (I'd suggest like one character per line to see if that makes it happen as well.) \n starts a new line.

If I counted correctly (i may have lost count a couple times) it was stable up to 24 lines

I have a change that could potentially fix it. Windows expects a CRLF (\r\n) instead of just a LF (\n) for new lines, but it obviously works with just \n. This may... somehow... be affecting you. Why it'd only affect you and nobody else is baffling, though. I can't get this change out for a while though, as the program is in a heavily modified state at the moment.

I just wanted to mention that I know there hasn't been any updates for a while (relative to what's typically done, at least). This is largely due to a lack of finalization of the new code for control positioning. (To allow multilingual text to display fully in every case.) It's also due to life changes that're going to limit my time on the program. I'll do what I can to have the beta finished before Black/White so I'll be able to start directly on those. I may throw in another quick beta update to fix the current issues as well.

No, but maybe he/she'll enlighten us.

i thought pokegen was pretty strict about not changing the save at all except for the few bytes it edits?

It is. The only data it's coded (unless something is broken that I don't know of) to modify is the party/PC data, including a few extra bytes at the end of the PC data necessary to make them save properly. (The game does this as well.) The beta obviously has Pokedex support which may still be inaccurate... and that's why the warning on the first post is there.

I'm using the newest version of PokeGen, and I was psyched to see that there was a HP option in making your Pokemon's PID. I tested it using a Moltres. I set it to grass and everything worked fine, but when I went to the stat tab, it said its HP was water. Wtf?

I'm using the newest version of PokeGen, and I was psyched to see that there was a HP option in making your Pokemon's PID. I tested it using a Moltres. I set it to grass and everything worked fine, but when I went to the stat tab, it said its HP was water. Wtf?

Look at the issues list on the first post.

Amazing tool -- but I have a problem with eggs. I searched through the first 26 pages, and no one else seems to have had this problem. As far as I can tell, I'm doing everything correctly. I'm running version 2.312.

When I hatch an egg, it says "Met at lvl. 0", and nothing else. Is that a bug? Am I leaving information out that I shouldn't?

Also, when it says "Egg apparently hatched.", what did I do wrong?

When I hatch an egg, it says "Met at lvl. 0", and nothing else. Is that a bug? Am I leaving information out that I shouldn't?

The game seems to do this if the trainer information doesn't match your own.

Also, when it says "Egg apparently hatched.", what did I do wrong?

As always with this message, trainer information doesn't match.

The game seems to do this if the trainer information doesn't match your own.

Hm... I don't think under the natural conditions of the game that line is ever supposed to say "Met at lvl. 0". I think the met information was probably input incorrectly.

I have a Turtwig that I got as an egg from someone else. The lines are:

Jun. 20, 2009

Link trade

Egg obtained.

Jun. 20, 2009

Jubilife City

Egg apparently hatched.

Thanks for the feedback. I read 26 pages and scanned the rest, must have missed other people asking it -- sorry man.

EDIT: Found out what was wrong. My SID is only 4 characters long, so I had to put a 0 in front of it.

Hm... I don't think under the natural conditions of the game that line is ever supposed to say "Met at lvl. 0". I think the met information was probably input incorrectly.

I have a Turtwig that I got as an egg from someone else. The lines are:

Jun. 20, 2009

Link trade

Egg obtained.

Jun. 20, 2009

Jubilife City

Egg apparently hatched.

You're right, it's not supposed to. the only thing that changes is the "apparently". i tried trading myself eggs across flash carts, changing tid/sid, etc and couldn't get met at lv. 0 to pop up. i always thought it only said "met at lv. ##" when it was a caught poke.

Desch, can you post the pkm?

First of all, thank you Codr, for this handy program.

I met two bugs, I think.

1.The Japanese pokemon which doesn't change name at all, will get a nickname flag after saved.

2.When you choose "Caught all" in pokedex editing, those pokemon which have only one gender will get two genders, and even can not be corrected separately.

Awesome program :)

Just a minor bug: All my pokes are being checked as 'French' when they are actually 'English' [Origin]. And the 'Japanese' are being checked as 'German' [Origin]

-Edit-

Another bug, IVs: 31 / 30 / 30 / 31 / 31 / 31

are 'giving' Hidden Power Psychic, when it's actually Ice.