A big grid that has the Pokémon's name, then two tick-off boxes to choose if they were seen or caught.

Yes, I realize everyone seems to have a love for dialogs that take up 1920x1600+ pixels, but that's not going to happen.

People probably would want to reproduce the Pokédex state from another save file, and having a drop-down list just makes it more annoying.

You don't redesign the dialog to accomodate this, you add a feature to save the Pokedex to a file. (Or even import just the Pokedex data from a save file.)

If there's a grid, they can easily check if they missed anything, and they can more easily chose which Pokémon were Seen/Caught.

The above would also make this feasible, rather than pointlessly labor-intensive as either the current dialog or your suggestion would be.

And I suggest Numerical Order instead of Alphabetical. Or at least a button to change from Numerical to Alphabetical.

You might want to look more closely at the dialog.

The changes look solid, can't wait for the next update!

I was (yet again) curious as to how you can save Pokemon that are already in the boxes, for instance you're making a box of all of your favorite Pokemon. I can't always keep the PokeGen program up and I'd like to save the Pokemon already set in those particular boxes without having to re-do it everytime I open PokeGen; is something like this possible?

I was (yet again) curious as to how you can save Pokemon that are already in the boxes, for instance you're making a box of all of your favorite Pokemon. I can't always keep the PokeGen program up and I'd like to save the Pokemon already set in those particular boxes without having to re-do it everytime I open PokeGen; is something like this possible?

This can't yet be done.

Would be an awesome addition (probably already interpreted that in my post hah), hopefully it gets implemented soon. :)

EDIT: Another thing I'd like to bring up is Far Away Island, which is a location in Pokemon Emerald where you obtain Mew, could we add this to the mix?

Edited by Necrodox

Would be an awesome addition (probably already interpreted that in my post hah), hopefully it gets implemented soon. :)

EDIT: Another thing I'd like to bring up is Far Away Island, which is a location in Pokemon Emerald where you obtain Mew, could we add this to the mix?

The locations change once you migrate the Pokemon to a 4th Gen game. If you migrated a Mew from Far Away Island, it would just show Hoenn as the location met.

Gottcha, and since it I will only be able to transfer to a 4th gen game through PalPark it will display as Hoenn or Kanto as the location met correct?

The location met should be set to Pal Park in PokeGen. It will change in-game depending on what the Origin is set to.

If set to Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald, the Pokemon's Summary Screen will show Hoenn as the location met.

If set to FireRed/LeafGreen, the Summary Screen will show Kanto.

If set to Colosseum/XD, the Summary Screen will show Faraway Place.

Hi, I'm trying to edit a Dragonite for my SS version, and everything seems to be fine except that where it should say "Day Care Couple". Instead it says "--------------"

So it looks like this:

Naive nature.

Aug. 1, 2010

--------------

Egg Obtained.

Aug. 1, 2010

Goldenrod City

Egg hatched.

Mischievious.

Any reasons why this might be happening?

Hi, I'm trying to edit a Dragonite for my SS version, and everything seems to be fine except that where it should say "Day Care Couple". Instead it says "--------------"

Any reasons why this might be happening?

I think this was a problem in an older version. It sounds familiar.

Alright, I got it to work, I thought by changing the settings it would automatically change the dragonite I already had made, but I found out I had to delete him and mess with the show in controls thingy. Sorry for the hassle, it was no fault of your program.

But, um, while I'm here, how would I make a Celebi and a Heatran look legit for HG/SS?

This is being released prematurely just to aid in testing. As you can see, there are a lot of additions/changes. I'm sure there are problems with it still, so don't be surprised.

Also, don't use the beta version for save files unless you have a backup. It's more likely that it'll corrupt it or have other unintended effects.

Edit: Yes, I know generation of Pokedex codes isn't fully functional.

3.0b

ADDED: The PID dialog can be closed (equivalent to the Cancel button) with the escape key.

ADDED: Tools menu to house the Pokedex editor and some existing tools.

ADDED: Language menu for future translations.

ADDED: Support for generating codes for non-English versions of the games. (Edit: Fail double entry.)

ADDED: Copyright information has been added to the About dialog. This should've been there from the beginning.

ADDED: Code output is displayed in the codes dialog, like it was in the past.

ADDED: Support for code output for Japanese, French, German, Italian, and Spanish games. This includes XML exporting. (Note: Codes have not been verified for most of these games. It's possible they won't work, and they could even have unintended consequences. I advise you don't save games unless the codes produce exactly the result you expected. Please report problems in the PokeGen thread.)

ADDED: Party count code generation so it doesn't have to be done manually.

ADDED: A, B, up, left, down, and right are all able to be used for code activation now.

FIXED: A crash could occur when using the PID finder.

FIXED: The speed EV wasn't being reset when using "Reset controls".

CHANGE: (Internal) The program is now uses Unicode exclusively in preparation for multiple language support. There may be some new bugs introduced by this rather large change.

CHANGE: The checksums of all 4 blocks in a save file are updated on every save now, rather than just the used blocks.

CHANGE: Pokemon icons are no longer transparent when dragged. The mouse pointer is no longer visible when dragging as well.

CHANGE: Party Pokemon icons are always visible now. Pokemon can be dragged to/from the party to/from boxes.

CHANGE: Renamed "Flavor text" to "Characteristic" to match what the community refers to it as.

CHANGE: Action Replay code generation has been relocated into a separate dialog. Tools > Code Generator

CHANGE: File > Load from codes is now located at Tools > Extract Pokemon from code

CHANGE: File > Export XML is now located in the new codes dialog. (Tools > Code Generator)

CHANGE: Codes aren't automatically copied to the clipboard, again.

I would just like to say, I was unable to figure out PokeSav, and I found this program, I am very, very, VERY impressed with this! I use it to "Gen" my teams all the time. It's very helpful, a lot easier that Pokesav and, who knows, maybe a lot more accurate, too! It's very visual, which I like, it's very User-friendly, and overall it's a great program.

I do have a question, though.

By changing the Seed (A-B-C-D, B-C-A-D, A-C-B-D, etc..), will that give me a better chance of generating the exact set of IV's and Shiny/Non-Shiny I want? Also, will it change the legitimacy of the Pokemon? I know obviously not to use the Chained Shiny seed if the Pokemon derived from HG/SS, though.

EDIT: One of the first to download 3.0b, hell yeah!

By changing the Seed (A-B-C-D, B-C-A-D, A-C-B-D, etc..), will that give me a better chance of generating the exact set of IV's and Shiny/Non-Shiny I want?

Possibly, but that's not important. (There are so many possibilities that it's unlikely that you wouldn't find a match.) The PID method is simply referring to the different ways the games generate PIDs and IVs. HG/SS, for example, doesn't use anything but method 1 as far as I know.

Also, will it change the legitimacy of the Pokemon?

Yes. To the Pokemon community, at least. I have no verification still that Nintendo does such stringent checks anywhere.

Possibly, but that's not important. (There are so many possibilities that it's unlikely that you wouldn't find a match.) The PID method is simply referring to the different ways the games generate PIDs and IVs. HG/SS, for example, doesn't use anything but method 1 as far as I know.

Thank you. Another question, why is it sometimes it won't generate a PID for a specific IV set, or generate a Shiny PID if I have some IV's set to specific values?

Yes. To the Pokemon community, at least. I have no verification still that Nintendo does such stringent checks anywhere.

Thank you. So, say, while I'm making a Pokemon that derived from Soul Silver, if I use Method 2, it would not be legitimate?

why is it sometimes it won't generate a PID for a specific IV set, or generate a Shiny PID if I have some IV's set to specific values?

There are a limited number of possibilities per set of IVs. Sometimes none. When I said "so many possibilities" earlier, that was referring to a full search with all IVs varying.

So, say, while I'm making a Pokemon that derived from Soul Silver, if I use Method 2, it would not be legitimate?

As far as the community knows, yes.

EDIT: I would like to point out, in generating a code for only one Pokemon via Pokegen 3.0b, instead of replacing the first pokemon in my party, it replaced my entire party with just that pokemon.

No it didn't. You set the party count to 1.

Um, quick question, how do I get Pokegen'd pokemon to show up in my pokedex?

In the latest version (3.0b), go to Tools -> PokeDex. That's where you can edit the PokeDex, so you can make the Pokemon show up as if you caught it in-game.

On another note, I noticed two bugs when I loaded my Platinum save in 3.0b.

I was messing around with the PokeDex editor, and so I set it to "Seen All" and "Caught All" and then "Caught All Owned." I figured I'd load my Platinum save to try it out. (Not sure if it matters, but it's .duc format, backed-up using ARDSi.)

I went back to the PokeDex in PokeGen, and it said I had seen 499 Pokemon and caught 498. I didn't change anything when this showed up.

I did make an Abra just to test the new version out.

I also noticed that when I tried to drag my Bidoof from Box 1 to my Party, it didn't work. However, I was able to drag my Turtwig from my Party to Box 1, and then back to my Party.

When I restored the save to my Platinum game cart, the PokeDex in-game showed no change, and the Abra I made showed up fine.

I was messing around with the PokeDex editor, and so I set it to "Seen All" and "Caught All" and then "Caught All Owned." I figured I'd load my Platinum save to try it out. (Not sure if it matters, but it's .duc format, backed-up using ARDSi.)

I went back to the PokeDex in PokeGen, and it said I had seen 499 Pokemon and caught 498. I didn't change anything when this showed up.

That sounds like a simple oversight on my part.

I did make an Abra just to test the new version out.

I also noticed that when I tried to drag my Bidoof from Box 1 to my Party, it didn't work. However, I was able to drag my Turtwig from my Party to Box 1, and then back to my Party.

When I restored the save to my Platinum game cart, the PokeDex in-game showed no change, and the Abra I made showed up fine.

I'll look into it.

Edit: I can't reproduce this or find any problem with moving Pokemon. The only thing I've found is that party Pokemon aren't compacted when one not at the end is moved into a box.

Thanks for the reports.

Edited by Codr