Gridelin

1998 Nintendo Power 'MARIO' Mew Distribution

3 hours ago, Allegedly137 said:

I have stickers from what is possibly the event, Pokemon League Nintendo Training Tour '99, although the certificates are identical to the ones Bulbapedia shows for "Pokémon 2000 Stadium Tour Mew". It's possible I went to more than one event... They had a photo booth area where I took these photos. Still looking for the certs, thought they'd be with these pictures. I know for certain that I didn't throw them out and will post them once I find them.

pokemonevent1-2.png

pokemonevent2-2.png

This is so late 90s/early 2000s and I'm 100% here for it. Looking forward to seeing the certificates, thank you again!

• Like 2

That same event was held in Santa Monica too IIRC. I wish I knew where my Mew was. I didn't think or remember OT/TIDs back then.

I do remember staff members having a line battling everyone and they had 3 Pokemon, all Mew, and kicked our ass.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Allegedly137 said:

Darn, so  even for my own personal, never-will-trade collection they can’t go any farther than VC due to the transporter knowing it’s not legit, or would it somehow bug out the VC copy?

And if any generous soul would be willing to let me borrow one of these GB USB devices I'd get these guys backed up a lot sooner than later. 😅

If you'd like to ship me your cartridge to dump for you, you can send me a private message. I'm willing to help. If you'd rather me send you the dumper I understand, though I'm actively using for the time being, so it'd be quickest with the former option.

For credibility, I've done this before:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sabresite said:

That same event was held in Santa Monica too IIRC. I wish I knew where my Mew was. I didn't think or remember OT/TIDs back then.

I do remember staff members having a line battling everyone and they had 3 Pokemon, all Mew, and kicked out ass.

That's incredible.

Also to add to the congo line of people willing to help, I too have a cartridge dumper and would be willing to dump whatever you need; I'm however in the same boat as Deoxyz and constantly using it.

• Like 3

Ok guys! Here they are! Both of the Mews in this one file! Box one. I was stubborn and wanted to do the use the save data transfer stuff myself, mostly because it sounded like a fun thing to mess around with and I wanted to backup my gameboy camera stuff too~

I traded the mews off the the blue and yellow they were originally in onto this file. I did back up both that blue and yellow before doing this, if for whatever reason this file is a problem (missingno did briefly visit back in the day but was promptly deleted after realizing he wasn't safe. Didn't mess with him much.)

I have searched high and low for my certificates of authenticity. I really really doubt I got rid of them, but alas they aren't where I expected them to be. I swear I will return to this forum if they ever show up, even if it's a few years from now. I may have higher quality pictures of my photos on a floppy they gave out, if preservationists want them and the files aren't corrupted yet.

pokemon_red_dex_2mews.sav

• Like 5