pkNX: Nintendo Switch ROM Editor & Randomizer

Is there a way to normalize the rate of randomized legendaries/mythics in the wild? Even with the EventsChance and LegendsChance at 0 it feels like these Pokemon are appearing in the wild encounters tables at a crazy rate. I am looking to create a truly random pool of Pokemon (Turning BST off and Legends/Mythics on), but it feels like I end up with pools that are chalked full of legends.

.image.thumb.png.df1eb5756b75a2d29fc67e6be5f06d88.png

14 hours ago, ChrisMack said:

Is there a way to normalize the rate of randomized legendaries/mythics in the wild? Even with the EventsChance and LegendsChance at 0 it feels like these Pokemon are appearing in the wild encounters tables at a crazy rate. I am looking to create a truly random pool of Pokemon (Turning BST off and Legends/Mythics on), but it feels like I end up with pools that are chalked full of legends.

.image.thumb.png.df1eb5756b75a2d29fc67e6be5f06d88.png

There are 84 total Legendary and Mythical Pokémon available in SWSH, and a total of 664 unique species of Pokémon available, which is ~12.65% of the total available Pokémon. You're bound to find a decent amount of them.

Setting `EventsChance` and `LegendsChance` to 0 already "normalizes" the rate, as you said. This is not an issue and is working as intended.

37 minutes ago, sora10pls said:

There are 84 total Legendary and Mythical Pokémon available in SWSH, and a total of 664 unique species of Pokémon available, which is ~12.65% of the total available Pokémon. You're bound to find a decent amount of them.

Setting `EventsChance` and `LegendsChance` to 0 already "normalizes" the rate, as you said. This is not an issue and is working as intended.

I honestly didn't realize there were that many available, my numbers had it at like ~5% or less. Thanks for the input! :) 

I am new to the randomizing process but am figuring it out quickly, but, I am trying to randomize PLA and have found out that when I randomize the "Trainers" section, it doesnt give any moves for any of the Pokemon, for any trainer. When a trainer throws out a Pokemon, the game says it has no more moves and uses Struggle. Should I be doing something else? Is it a bug, Or is it designed like that? 

Second, when I press randomize for static encounters it does not randomize any of the Pokemon there. Is there a way to get different Pokemon in those places? Or is it like that for the time being?

Thank You for your time

TrainerRandom.PNG

Edited by ChadTheDOLPHIN

Hello, I have a (hopefully) quick question. After editing the encounter tables for Sword, is there a quick way to have those tables work for Shield also without manually editing Shield in PKNX, because that's a lot of work. Renaming the folder to the Shield title ID seems to work for static encounters, but the wild pokemon are unchanged. 

Is it possible to edit the price of items, or how effective Potions and the like are? I'd very much like to undo the Gen 7 nerf there.

Furthermore, when I try to add new secondary effects to moves that originally didn't have them (such as making Dazzling Gleam lower accuracy, or Strength have a 50% chance of raising user's Attack), even when I copy it exactly from other moves (in this case, Mud-Slap and Metal Claw), it doesn't work. Not sure why. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys, 

I'm trying to just randomize wild encounters on Pokemon Sword for yuzu and everytime I try to open the dump file on pkNX, I get the following error:

"Failed to initialize ROM data. 

Please ensure your dump is correctly set up, with updated patches merged in (if applicable)" 

Any fix for this? 

Thanks. 

Hi all,

I'm having some trouble forcing double battle on Pokemon Sword. Sorry if this isn't the tright place to ask this question, hopefully someone can lead me to the right direction.

I'm trying to make a randomized version of this game for me to play with these specifications.

- forced doucle battles

- x 1.2 trainer levels

- randomized wild pokemon and starters

- randomized items (not stuff like potions and poke balls in shops though)

My main issue is with the forced double battle section in the trainer section of Pknx. It doesn't seem to work if too many things are changed in the trainer settings but by default a lot is on like, randomized trainer pokemon, abilities and moves. Its hard to just change the trainer battle into double battles. Maybe I'm missing something ehre. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

Kind regards,

Mahin 

I am new to this. I have successfully randomize the main game from my switch via pknx. 
But how can i randomize the crown tundra dlc? I cant seem to dump the dlc together with the main game. 
Whenever i dump the dlc it just gives me keyfile.dat 

Any experience users to help me on this?

2 hours ago, Smoothpapi said:

Can somebody post the latest version of PkNX? I tried everything I found online and I can't seem to download the Application itself.

If I manage to get the Pknx.exe file, I can't seem to open.

Read the first post. Unzip all files, and ensure you have the net46 runtime (or higher, 4.8) installed.

• 4 weeks later...