Sign in to follow this  
InsaneNutter

Pokémon Gold and Silver are coming to 3DS

It's probably not that much effort to drop a guy in front of the door or somewhere to block access, that fixes Crystal up with very little effort.

You do make a point with events though. The UK one was ultra limited. It was in one city, in the middle of the working week, for one night, where (i think 50) people had the chance of winning an invite online. So with those odd's we did pretty well for two different people who are on this site to actually attend and obtain the event. Most people will be oblivious it ever happened unless they read about it online.

With that in mind i guess you could say only Japan really had a proper event, which does make me re-think how much Nintendo care for VC events sadly.

I do still think it's quite possible for Crystal to get a release in the future though, as I really don't think it would be much effort to fix that up. However event wise you have made me re-think.

• Like 2

We totally forgot to mention the Printer feature, were there is not even an error message popping up and the print music plays. It's damn awkward...
Yeah, I hope you're right that it's getting released, don't get me wrong. But I try to understand why they don't release it right away.
It could be clever indeed marketing wise, but Nintendo isn't well known for making logical choices when it comes to Virtual Console releases.

There is so much potential they don't even see yet... Imagine if they would promise everyone to be able to download a Mew/Celebii for free if they buy one of the VC games in a certain amount of time.
It would push the sales even more and wouldn't really take that much effort or cost anything and they wouldn't even have to make a local Event for it.  
But they're not doing it for whatever reason... and who knows why?

Another thing that comes to mind why it's unlikely that they will gift us with Crystal Online features are the current politics when it comes to Online gaming.
Now with the Switch they're moving away from free services and I don't see why they would release games with such free online features now. 
Of course Pokemon Crystal was very popular and as said before (also in another Thread) it would be very interesting to see this kind of experience.
Especially because I always think it's unbelievable that it had many of the things we know from the GTS already. That's so impressive in my opinion...
I feel like if they release Crystal they should do it with the features, which would be kinda symbolic to make this come to full circle.
They will have to work on the game anyway... even Gold and Silver... for making use of the RTC, for link compatibilities, removing print features ect...
Btw. if they decide to remove the stuff from JP Crystal I could even imagine that they would do the same thing as in the localized games...
PCC would be replaced with a normal PC, the Battle Tower would be normally accessible, and the Odd Eggs (if they don't forget them) will be gifted by the pension guy.
But seeing how lazy they were with removing the printer feature from Yellow VC I feel like they rather would do something weird instead...

I still think we will not see a Crystal VC release, but only the time will tell. I think they said they will support the 3DS until after 2018?

@ajxpk, they also did not distribute old sea map to the US in gen 3. There have been quite a few irrational decisions.  I think the justification in the past was resources vs size of target audience.

• Like 2

Celebi has been confirmed as a download bonus for Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Spoiler

image.png

EDIT: Here is some more information about Rockruff that we already knew about

Spoiler

image.png

Edited by wrathsoffire76
  • Like 2

On 6/9/2017 at 6:10 AM, ajxpk said:

I'm curious to see how the problem with the RTC was solved in the VC releases.
If it's completely synced to the system's clock, which I personally would love to see.
Or if they just use the clock of the system for the time you will still have to set in-game. 

i have a gold vc inject on my 3ds and it uses the 3ds time to sync the clock and if you change the 3ds time at all the time gets messed up on the game and you have to change it in game with the password

11 minutes ago, hacks said:

i have a gold vc inject on my 3ds and it uses the 3ds time to sync the clock and if you change the 3ds time at all the time gets messed up on the game and you have to change it in game with the password

Don't use VC injects, when it comes to GSC.

We don't know how they intend to tackle the RTC problem.
I'm wondering if they would patch it to follow the 3DS time (which is possible,since they could patch trading),
or would they just leave it as is.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ajxpk said:

Video was removed. Was there something special in it?

No. He used FBI to force-load the content. But is it a real VC GS or hack one?

3 minutes ago, ajxpk said:

Would be interesting to know...
Btw. I think you will receive the Celebii at the release day. 

@Event_Fan already received his code 12 hours ago on Twitter.

• Like 2

Just now, ajxpk said:

Really? Damn. Hope Nintendo will fix this for you.

Hope too. I think it's because I bought Pokemon Gold in my french 3DS but that was not precised.

36 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

@Event_Fan already received his code 12 hours ago on Twitter.

You can pre-Download G/S and receive both codes

read the description after purchasing the games,

the codes are in the eShop Settings -> Purchased/Downloaded games -> billing information

12 minutes ago, King Impoleon said:

You can pre-Download G/S and receive both codes

read the description after purchasing the games,

the codes are in the eShop Settings -> Purchased/Downloaded games -> billing information

I followed the instructions but there is nothing.

Now I wait for an answer from Nintendo.

9 hours ago, BlackShark said:

It was a hacked one. The seeds are not published yet.

Yeah, it appears it was the hacked one, hence why the video was deleted.

The behaviour couldn't be replicated.

Traiver is not saying its fake he probably will keep it private and not tell us how to play it early. want to see what they changed in this version they probably only just patched out the print feature.

Edited by hacks

1 hour ago, hacks said:

Traiver is not saying its fake he probably will keep it private and not tell us how to play it early. want to see what they changed in this version they probably
only just patched out the print feature.

So Traiver didn't say it's a GBA inject. Oh wells.

In any case, just wait for the seed XD