Sign in to follow this  
InsaneNutter

Pokémon Gold and Silver are coming to 3DS

is corious, these titles have the modified attacks, for example, splash makes a new animation and low the life bar along with pokemon when attack.
Others Attacks, darken the screen, for example thunderbolt or thunderpunch.

Edited by puchamon

Since I just now installed the games to my 3DS, I just wanted to share that Mystery Gift does in fact use the 3DS infrared port (It's even stated on the built-in Manual), which is a neat throwback.

I also had trouble injecting my saves created from VBA that caused it to corrupt, then I found out that the saves need to be 32.0 KB (32,784 bytes); which mine were 32,812 bytes. So I shaved those extra bytes off in HxD (making it have 800F offsets) and it works flawlessly now. :)

Now to research the data which I couldn't.. :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Invader TAK said:

I wonder if Mystery Gift works between 3DS and GBC or Pokemon Pikachu 2. I'm not counting on it but it'd be neat.

Somebody on Twitter wondered the same. SnorlaxMonster said it doesn't. 

I can confirm - I have attempted and receive an "Error" from the Pokémon Pikachu 2.  The batteries were replaced shortly before trying it, so unless my Pokémon Pikachu 2 is defective, it's a no go.

Edited by This Remedy
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, This Remedy said:

I can confirm - I have attempted and receive an "Error" from the Pokémon Pikachu 2.  The batteries were replaced shortly before trying it, so unless my Pokémon Pikachu 2 is defective, it's a no go.

and here I was hoping for some kind of Gen 2 retro Gameboy to Gen 2 3DS functionality.

I wonder why it isn't supported..

• Like 1

It would not of been hard to have online play with these games the patchs for local play already increase the delay because its longer the the link cable

what happens if you do the johoto guard glitch to trade gen 2 pokemon to gen 1 and try to transfer the pokemon to gen7

I think this is the best place to ask this. So I just caught all the Unown on my VC Silver, one scientist in the building at the Ruins of Alph even confirms this. Before doing any of this I made sure that when I entered the ruins for the first time, my first encounter was the letter A, so that it would look nice in my Pokédex (yes I know I’m weird). After getting the Unown Mode in my Pokédex, I started catching the Unown in alphabetical order, so that they again, looked nice when I selected the Unown Mode. I then read on this Bulbapedia page that, when you catch all 26 Unown, the list would reorganizes itself alphabetically. So from then on, I just caught all of them in a random order. But now here I am, all forms caught and while being much further in the game, and my Unown Mode list did not reorganize itself (and me and my OCD (not really) can’t handle it). Does anybody know if I am missing something? Or is the statement on the Bulbapedia page just incorrect? Guess I am going to fiddle with PKHeX and my save file for a while.

Edit: Alright, thanks to @Holla!'s Pokemon Gen II save file records thread, I was quickly able to edit the order of the list and now they are alphabetically ordered just as planned, so problem solved I guess. :)

Edited by Scried
  • Like 1