Japanese Emerald Save File with Tickets for Shiny Flawless RNG Purposes

St. GIGA

Hello RNG'ers!

Today, I have prepared a save file for those looking to RNG Japanese Emerald's Mew for me. It is a copy of the HaxAras ticket save, but with both ID numbers changed to a special set that makes the only timid 6iv flawless method 1 spread shiny after 176+ million frames. (Refer to my earlier posts and threads for my desired hex PID of 7942EF72, with TID 60510, and 31337.) Anyways, this save file is ready to catch mew when using frameskip 9/10, turbo mode, 1000%, and vblank patching  (all from reddit and bond697) to speed the game up to the only flawless frame at 176,000,000+ frames, which, instead of 817 hours or 5 weeks, would, after skipping frames this way, would only take 23-24 hours to hit the frame on a fast PC. This allows Mew to be obtained. If HaxAras's save is unwanted due to cheating, just use Glitzer popping on InsaneNutter's Used Emerald Cart save to change both ID numbers before getting Mew if you abhor cheats. You can trade the Mew to an English RS with Pandora's box TID/NAME/SID/Gender manipulation to trick the name rater into allowing a legit 10 letter english Name before pal-parking without save flashing. Before I forget, on VBA-rr, audio must be off, and the frame counter script for JP Emerald must run, while in addition, the GBA bios is needed for timing accuracy and legitimacy purposes. The desired frame to jump to is frame 176,562,489, which has this PID. You can refer to my first and second threads for the info on these facts, and you can get more info from HaxAras, Ammako, BlackNight(???), suloko, SciresM (possibly), the_Slayer, trigger_death (for GBA RNG info,), and my theories/observations in the connected posts. r/pokemonrng on reddit may help. My earlier wish for an RNG'd 3GPKM is renewed, due to the info found on reddit which, with the battle video method, significantly makes this more doable on console after using an emulator to store the frame counter in the battle video using that namesake glitch on reddit, which allows you to hit the frame on console after save flashing to a JP emerald. This allows shiny 6iv flawless "event ID" method 1 pokemon to be legitimately caught on console with assistance from a wii with fix94's save dumper tool. With school, I have little chance or explanation to waste 24 hours waiting for mew on rng, so I leave the process of procuring shiny event legends with longer names to those in need. Interestingly enough, the Hadou mew can be made using these 2 id numbers into a fan event, which is nicknamed to 10 letters, because the word "Hadou" is 5 characters or less in Romaji and Japanese. This means a hybrid JP event mew is makeable by RNG users due to GEN 3 oversights.

Have fun RNGing!

Edited by St. GIGA
Missing info

In this post, the save file is right here:

HAXARASMEWFORRNG.sav

I have included a 3GPKM for a mew with the PID, SID, and TID that I want the mew to have. You can then reflash the save to an English Emerald, and rename Mew to "Gosochiiru". I would also like the finished save file with Mew on it.

LegalShinyPokepakkuRemakeMew.3gpkm

Edited by St. GIGA
added request.

I hope somebody can use this save file to RNG a mew for me, and document the ID, so that other Emerald Method 1 Pokemon can be RNG'd. Check the credits. In addition, the nickname exploit is actually false, as I tried to use it even via the hacky method, and it would not work, so I guess bulbapedia is missing info on Outsider Pokemon calculations in GBA games. I also found that if you follow r/pokemonrng/'s vblank method, it will work, and let you get one flawless/shiny flawless method 1 pokemon in a single day on emulated consoles or GBA's with FPGA-controlled clock speed. Battle videos can also let you do it on real consoles without button soldering. The fact that, however unlikely it is for a shiny flawless Mew to exist, and however hard  to get it is, the fact that it is actually obtainable legitimately is game-breaking for competitive Uber/OU tier players, due to both balanced flawless IV's, higher speed from the timid nature, Mew's already equally above average base stats, equal EV stats, and the large movepool from all gens, plus the randomness of metronome/me first and transform/reflect type, with the added effects of taunt, baton pass, or other moves. The inexplicable power of Mewnium Z makes Mew absolutely Overpowered when combined with 31iv across the board, and pretty much ensures mew is even more hated online when shiny. The fact that one of the Id slots needed to make flawless method 1 Mews shiny is 31337 will only further annoy your opponent, meaning that in addition to two of it's other ID slots being 60505 or 60510 (event ids), there is a palindrome id of 60506 available as well.

Edited by St. GIGA
missing info.

Wait, isn't the RNG reporter time expressed in "hours:minutes,seconds"? That would be almost 6 years, not 5 weeks.
If I'm wrong I'll try to get the emu running this week, most likely won't be done in just a day, but with savestates+a couple days I'll hit the seed.

ps: I wonder how you reached that combo? Probably backtracking the pid generation formula to get the frame right? I'd like to do the same to get a flawless (shiny) IV ditto in gen 3, so I can use it on all generations (I did find a valid frame and tid/sid combo, but would take 25 years so...)

26 minutes ago, suloku said:

Wait, isn't the RNG reporter time expressed in "hours:minutes,seconds"? That would be almost 6 years, not 5 weeks.
If I'm wrong I'll try to get the emu running this week, most likely won't be done in just a day, but with savestates+a couple days I'll hit the seed.

ps: I wonder how you reached that combo? Probably backtracking the pid generation formula to get the frame right? I'd like to do the same to get a flawless (shiny) IV ditto in gen 3, so I can use it on all generations (I did find a valid frame and tid/sid combo, but would take 25 years so...)

Its expressed in minutes:seconds.hundredths of a seconds. Getting to the flawless frame takes about 34 days without fast-forward. The Ditto frame you are talking about should be reachable with a powerful computer too (if the case we are talking about months and not 20+ years).

Interesting.  Makes me wonder if there is a shortcut way to determine legality based on how long you would have to wait to get that pokemon.

That would need to know beforehand the generation method that pokémon used right? Also, it doesn't make it technically illegal, it would just mean it was generated with help of some tools to know when to press A, it would still be theoretically posible to get on real hardware (at least if we stick to reasonable amounts of time, and leaving a gba running for a month seems like the edge of reasonable)

22 hours ago, wejhvabewjty said:

Its expressed in minutes:seconds.hundredths of a seconds. Getting to the flawless frame takes about 34 days without fast-forward. The Ditto frame you are talking about should be reachable with a powerful computer too (if the case we are talking about months and not 20+ years).

Well, that's actually a lot better. Gonna start running the emulator and using savestates, I'll get to the frame at some point. 35 days is on the borderline of what I would call legit, but could be done on real hardware with lots of patience so.... (but imagine if you fail, lol).

BTW, the ditto frame (should work for any slot 2 pokémon in emerald, of course I haven't tested it, ~157 days): 

Frame: 816994389
Occidentary: 816994416
Time: 226942:53.15
Encounter Slot: 2
PID: E85091A9
Nature: Docile
Ability: 1
IV: 6x31
50% F: M
12.5%F: M
25% F: M
75% F: F	

TID: 12336
SID: 07657

I spoke with amab who said the minimum number of frames to get a faraway island mew is about 580.  As for a reasonable maximum frame, 45 days or less sounds about right. The problem is, I don't think it is reasonable to loop through 233 million frames. I am thinking I could mark the frames at regular intervals (like once a million), and granted frames within consecutive buckets do not overlap within the interval period (of which I will check), it should be accurate enough.

That would mean whatever the PID is, you decrement by 1 million frames. If you hit 0, or an interval marker, then you will know where you are and it is considered legal & realistic. If you hit neither, you are legal but not realistic. If you hit 0 in less than 580 frames, then you are either not legal or not realistic since (I think?) the period is roughly 828 days.

Also based on the marker you hit and the number of frames, you can determine (roughly) how 'long' the person waited to get their mew.

My computer got to 14million in about 8 hours, how do I enable that vblank patch? It's not like I'm in a hurry or anything, but it seems at my current state it will take 100 h to get to the frame (edit: it may just be my computer being slow, it's the last quad core model intel made so...)

I'll upload the savestate when I reach a reasonable close frame for RNG with the offset for trainer name editing (I'm using my own savefile on which I put a japanese valid name for it, wiht only 6 chars etc).

I'll test your script assap.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, suloku said:

My computer got to 14million in about 8 hours, how do I enable that vblank patch? It's not like I'm in a hurry or anything, but it seems at my current state it will take 100 h to get to the frame (edit: it may just be my computer being slow, it's the last quad core model intel made so...)

I'll upload the savestate when I reach a reasonable close frame for RNG with the offset for trainer name editing (I'm using my own savefile on which I put a japanese valid name for it, wiht only 6 chars etc).

I'll test your script assap.

In Generation 3, the max character limit on nicknames and OT names is 5 characters. The vBlank patch for JP emerald on VBA-rr by bond697 is attached here:

emerald vblank fix.ips

I see. I did test it a little and the patch seems to do frame advancing a 12% faster. I'm not really sure how the frame-seed relationship works, for what I've read it shouldn't impact method 1 pokémon generation, but for the sake of legality (as long as running on an emulator is concerned) i'll keep using the unmodifyied rom, since it seems it the vblank patch would only yield a ~10h for what I've tested.

ps: I was including the terminator when counting OT name characters, and nicknames are allowed more characters than OT, at least in international versions.

Because of vBlanks, it makes legality kind of complicated.  Generally there is always 1 or 2 vblanks during the generation method and they can be anywhere.
Some method slike fishing/caves have a higher chance of the vblank being in the PID/IV versus where it almost always is, the nature confirmation.

8 hours ago, suloku said:

I see. I did test it a little and the patch seems to do frame advancing a 12% faster. I'm not really sure how the frame-seed relationship works, for what I've read it shouldn't impact method 1 pokémon generation, but for the sake of legality (as long as running on an emulator is concerned) i'll keep using the unmodifyied rom, since it seems it the vblank patch would only yield a ~10h for what I've tested.

ps: I was including the terminator when counting OT name characters, and nicknames are allowed more characters than OT, at least in international versions.

I'm ok with not patching if it helps legality, but, to my knowledge, JP Emerald does not allow terminated nicknames to be longer than 6 characters when including the termination byte.

Otherwise, it will work. I heard that battle videos can save frames across save slots, so that one can increment the frame counter, win the battle, save, soft reset, and load the video to approach the target frame near your legend, and then wait for your frame. This can be migrated to console, allowing Flawless RNG'd legends on console. These methods also work for Deoxys. I will use the nickname/OT offset that you provide to make the mew have a name and OT that attributes Satoru Iwata, Takashi Tezuka, and Shigeru Miyamoto, while also being derived from a variant of Mew's Japanese name. The OT will just honor those developers. I cannot paste it now, except for the romanization of the katakana for the OT:"Miyawataka", and the nickname: "Miyuwataka" To avoid id-related issues in multiplayer, it could use the palindrome ID "60506" as the trainer ID (if you want to indicate yourself as a hacker for swag, swap the "60506" TID with 60505 or 60510 for making it an event clone, and/or use the SID of 31337 as the TID for any of those. According to the math, all of these id combos will make the first timid 6x31iv method 1 Emerald Pokemon spread shiny.) Mew is catchable in a dive ball, but by this point, you will have the chance for a master ball using Emerald lotto RNG, or link trade/cloning/hoarding, access to a lum berry in case mew eats theirs in battle, and even other things. I may be wrong about the nickname limit, so let me know if I messed up. By the way, HaxAras's attached save had it's trainer id changed to work with this PID.

Apart from the trainer id of 60506 and the Miya/Miyuwataka OT/Nickname in katakana, the PokePakku mew shiny 3gpkm is the same as the developer tribute mew that is online safe. This is in spite of the fact that PokePakku mew cannot be shiny without them being specifically caught and traded faraway island mew as well.

While I am glad to see legality get better, as long as the pokemon are not automatically dismissed, (such as Eppie's 5iv shiny adamant mew, or Simone Perfetto on youtube's shiny impish 5iv mew, which, for Simone, in real time, would have taken 222 hours minus 5 frames and was done the same way for a real time of 9.25ish days.) This is doable, and with frame skip can be done quicker, migrated to cart using battle videos, and caught legit. Another way is to use an FPGA to heavily over clock the GBA to your own clock speed choice. Again, not impossible, but requires dedication. This is all valid, but at a point memory leaks will take over. This same frame-waiting can be used to RNG the TID/SID at the start to ensure shininess. While the tool does need to exist, I feel that the output of it should not be gospel, and should be used as a supplement to avoid annoying the legit players. I do think players should use judgement when trades are used, as this is why things got banned. Happily the timid 6iv mew is battle usable in SM. While other nature flawless gba Emerald method 1 spreads are possible, the odds of finding others are unknown, and slim to none. Interestingly, if you check back on my first thread about RNG'd shiny mew, the PID of E8509a19 that results in docile flawless ds method 1 and gba method 2 is the same one that works for your ditto. My guess is that the ds method 1 PID research that does not work on gba, such as the 2 shiny PID per TID rule, and all that may not be correct for gba method 1, but for the gba method 2, all of which is in my earlier posts about mew in the RNG section. This means that DS method 1 spreads for DPPT should be the same as gba method 2 spreads. This can lead to more gen iii shiny 6iv ditto if done correctly. The IV's to PID under 4th gen tools in RNG reporter which gives bad results in gba games for method 1 should work for method 2. I also think that the presence of a seed ( in this case bf0b2aa) in the method 1 algorithm calculator made it output gba method 2 Pid's that work as ds method 1 pid's. I would advise going over my older RNG research and seeing if the ds method 1 6iv PID's plus ID combos I cited from Pokemon-gts are valid method 2 Emerald gba PID/ id combos

4 minutes ago, St. GIGA said:

While I am glad to see legality get better, as long as the pokemon are not automatically dismissed, (such as Eppie's 5iv shiny adamant mew, or Simone Perfetto on youtube's shiny impish 5iv mew, which, for Simone, in real time, would have taken 222 hours minus 5 frames and was done the same way for a real time of 9.25ish days.) This is doable, and with frame skip can be done quicker, migrated to cart using battle videos, and caught legit. Another way is to use an FPGA to heavily over clock the GBA to your own clock speed choice. Again, not impossible, but requires dedication. This is all valid, but at a point memory leaks will take over. This same frame-waiting can be used to RNG the TID/SID at the start to ensure shininess. While the tool does need to exist, I feel that the output of it should not be gospel, and should be used as a supplement to avoid annoying the legit players. I do think players should use judgement when trades are used, as this is why things got banned. Happily the timid 6iv mew is battle usable in SM. While other nature flawless gba Emerald method 1 spreads are possible, the odds of finding others are unknown, and slim to none. Interestingly, if you check back on my first thread about RNG'd shiny mew, the PID of E8509a19 that results in docile flawless ds method 1 and gba method 2 is the same one that works for your ditto. My guess is that the ds method 1 PID research that does not work on gba, such as the 2 shiny PID per TID rule, and all that may not be correct for gba method 1, but for the gba method 2, all of which is in my earlier posts about mew in the RNG section. This means that DS method 1 spreads for DPPT should be the same as gba method 2 spreads. This can lead to more gen iii shiny 6iv ditto if done correctly. The IV's to PID under 4th gen tools in RNG reporter which gives bad results in gba games for method 1 should work for method 2. I also think that the presence of a seed ( in this case bf0b2aa) in the method 1 algorithm calculator made it output gba method 2 Pid's that work as ds method 1 pid's. I would advise going over my older RNG research and seeing if the ds method 1 6iv PID's plus ID combos I cited from Pokemon-gts are valid method 2 Emerald gba PID/ id combos

My introduction thread and my RNG thread have the PID, and I got those possible ditto pid's for use in the tool's testing here: http://www.pokemongts.com/printthread.php?tid=79534

These are the special ds PID numbers I talked about that also work on gba, and are flawless. If you check my first non-introductory thread, you can find my research. These are ds method 1, and possibly gba method 2 PID spreads. This means that we can have additional means of getting shiny flawless pokemon on gba using the id Set I provided. Hopefully you can find out if the method 2 ditto can come in various natures while being shiny flawless.

The repl I made only pertains to Emerald since it is seeded with 0.  Knowing that the game always starts with 0, you can easily determine (of course there is drift, and other factors, etc) roughly how long someone played the game before they caught a pokemon.  What I did was find a reasonable maximum amount of time a person would play the game and/or RNG a pokemon.  For example waiting/playing 2 billion frames (~400-410 days) is utterly ridiculous.  And even though I would never advocate flagging them illegal, having another flag pertaining to a realistic frame is definitely useful.  For example a perfect ditto at frame ~800m is about 135-137 days, which would flag as unrealistic.
I bring it up because using an emulator at 5000% with vBlank patching and creating the pokemon with that specific PID/IVs using PkHex, in my opinion, is no different except for waiting.  You still used 'tools' and hacks to get there and did something outside of playing the game normally.  Based on some definitions of legal it can become a stretch.

Either way the cutoff I made was ~45 days, which encompasses all of the cases you brought up, except for the perfect 6iv ditto suloku mentioned at frame ~800m.

Got it. Maybe this checker should be added to pKHex or another save/PKM editor to aid in legitimacy checking of method 1 gba, and possibly method 1 ds Pokemon so that smogon/marriland/filb/pokebeach

can check legality of stationary legends that they are suspicious of, while also getting a good idea of legitimacy and whether a Pokemon editor was used based on practicality. Imagine if this tool existed during pokecheck days. 

This repl could be the tool we finally are looking for to check legitimacy of legal pokemon we think are impractical/impossible to get.

1 hour ago, Sabresite said:

The repl I made only pertains to Emerald since it is seeded with 0.  Knowing that the game always starts with 0, you can easily determine (of course there is drift, and other factors, etc) roughly how long someone played the game before they caught a pokemon.  What I did was find a reasonable maximum amount of time a person would play the game and/or RNG a pokemon.  For example waiting/playing 2 billion frames (~400-410 days) is utterly ridiculous.  And even though I would never advocate flagging them illegal, having another flag pertaining to a realistic frame is definitely useful.  For example a perfect ditto at frame ~800m is about 135-137 days, which would flag as unrealistic.
I bring it up because using an emulator at 5000% with vBlank patching and creating the pokemon with that specific PID/IVs using PkHex, in my opinion, is no different except for waiting.  You still used 'tools' and hacks to get there and did something outside of playing the game normally.  Based on some definitions of legal it can become a stretch.

Either way the cutoff I made was ~45 days, which encompasses all of the cases you brought up, except for the perfect 6iv ditto suloku mentioned at frame ~800m.

Since Pokemon RS to my knowledge use a seed of 5a0 on boot, (as long as the clock is dead) this repl could be used to check RS Pokemon, and we could find out how long we need to wait for id no. Generation in RS. This all assumes a dead battery in RS is doable. This may be useful for the RS Regi trio, or Archie's Voltorb pile/the gift Castform/kecleon. The southern island Lati@s will also work. For lulz, the harder to get frames/180 day mode should have an ever-decreasing legitimacy/practicality score the closer it is to 180 days if this repl is in the final tool to ensure/indicate whether the PID is valid, similar to legal.exe or pokecheck.

I also think an RTC time stamp calculator for live battery Emerald/RS should exist, which should be optionally tied to the other seed/PID data to help check higher frames for practicality. This would all be based on how the RTC affects the RNG and the seed. If this can be found out, more could do this. Hypothetically, 5000% speed, 9/10 frame skip, vblank patches, turbo, and above-highest process priority on lowest settings, no sound, while running VBA with a GPU would possibly shorten the ditto frame down to at least 2 days. This  means that it may be possible to do, but only with battle videos. One hopes that the frame counter fails to overflow at around 2 billion 147 million, 500,000 (the highest computer integer value) That would probably be around one year realtime. This should be the cutoff for unreasonable to illegal, but still mathematically possible according to computer science. If a PID occurs after  2 billion 147 million 500thousandish frames, then that PID is impossible due to limitations on integers. In computers. By that time, the timer would overflow to 0 and possibly glitch the game/RTC if present. That integer is the highest 32bit signed integer. The highest unsigned one is double that, which is the same odds that 2 Spinda have identical spots, or have different spots, were caught on different games, and are able to be renamed on the opposite game. In case of the game's frame timer using unsigned values, (which I think it does) the above limit is doubled to 2 years real time, and 4 days max possible speed. After this, the RNG would read 0, and overflow, possibly setting you back to the initial seed after rolling back the timer to 0 with lesser glitches if unsigned integers are used, as compared to the negative rollback that signed integer overflow that integers give you.

For idiot proofing, the Max value for checking should be 2 years real time, and should be indicated as almost impossible to be legit. This even goes beyond what RNG reporter would allow as max results without exe patching in a hypothetical situation. 

Anyhow, hopefully this helps decipher the mysteries of hackmons in Pokemon, and whether they are possible.

Edited by St. GIGA
Math info