Do you prefer the TRADITIONAL LOGOS or the NEW ONES?

theSLAYER

Which Logo do you prefer  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Which Logo do you prefer

• Traditional Logos
    • New Logos
    • Hybrid (EG: the Heartgold "heart" with traditional)
    • I Don't Care

First off those two pictures you posted first aren't official/traditional at all; they were fan made.

And no, I don't like the official logos that were recently released. They are fairly dull and boring.

Those fan made pictures are traditional in the sense that the text declaring "Pokemon Heart Gold Version" or "Pokemon Soul Silver Version" looks exactly like the text on the official "Pokemon Sapphire Version" box. They're examples, yes?

I don't like these new logos. I hope they manage to fix them up before release. The Japanese Logos for these games are much better. The English Logos are generic and an eyesore. Send emails to the designers, people. You don't want that thing on your 40$ game package.

I know that this is small beans, but if this game is to be a masterpiece, everything must look at least decent!

Edit explanation: "are a generic". That's what I typed. Where did I learn my English?!

new stuff = the way forward

old stuff = old dusty crap

the new ones look much better to me, but ive got this thing about old stuff, i hate it.

there is no such thing as antiques, just a load of old dusty crap that not even your gran wants anymore, but if some toff in a brown suit wants to give me his money for that grey rusty thing i found in the attic, then he can.

sorry went a bit off topic there, yeah new logos ftw, they look more detailed and less boring, to me anyway.

I like the idea behind them, but the new english logos don't quite work for me. I prefer the new japanese logos.

I agree that they don't quite do it for me. To me it seems that they are just a bit to flashy and they look like word art not the usual stuff they come out with.

I like them, I'd totally love them more if they just removed the shine from them though. Just use a solid color inside the version part. I don't care which they pick Dark or light blue for Silver, or red/orange for Gold, but the shine they added kind of makes it difficult to "read" (Not that you can't tell what it says, but it just unnecessarily obscures what should be a simple function for the logo.).

To me, the official English Logos looks like shit. like as if the developers did nothing, the fan made ones are okay. The only part of the official logos are the Heart in HG and Lugia in SS. I, like Greencat, like the Japanese version of the logos. And to me, Pokemon USA should make like the font for the title of FR & LG for HG and SS.

• 4 months later...

Although I agree that the HG/SS logos look cool, I think for nostalgia reasons they should've kinda done what FR/LG did. In case anyone didn't realize, they changed the standard logo font, (Which both Gen I & II used,) most notably being fatter, when going to Gen III, but as FR/LG was remakes of R/B/Y, they kinda did a 3rd gen-ish, (remember, there was a little bit of a difference,) version of the original Pokemon logo font. With HG/SS, they just made completely new kinds of logos.

...Whatever. I'm just unhappy they didn't remake the old, "G/S," seal shown on the G/S/C boxes and carts. (You know, the one that said under it, "This game is in the G/S series," or something like that.)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...