Your first shiny Pokemon?

Sir Xero

LOLOLOL i remember the time i saw a shiny spinda, and i didnt see the funny sparkles, so i thought that the spinda was just any old spinda, and ran from it cus im like :3 "stupid green spinda". My bro told me what shiny pokemon were after and i got so mad. The first shiny i ever caught was a zubat in meteor falls. It was long after the spinda incident, so i knew what to do. I caught it and was happy with it.

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOLOLOL i remember the time i saw a shiny spinda, and i didnt see the funny sparkles, so i thought that the spinda was just any old spinda, and ran from it cus im like :3 "stupid green spinda". My bro told me what shiny pokemon were after and i got so mad. The first shiny i ever caught was a zubat in meteor falls. It was long after the spinda incident, so i knew what to do. I caught it and was happy with it.

Man, that sucks; I know a few people that had the same experience as you. Have you caught anything else after that Zubat?

Not counting the In-Game-Red Gyarados in the Gold, Silver, Crystal, Heartgold, and Soulsilver Versions, When I played the Platinum Version, I caught a Shiny Graveler, I have never ran into 1 before.

In the Soul Silver Version, I very surprisingly encountered a shiny Magikarp in the Slowpoke well within only a few days of play.

I have not caught any since.

I never caught a shiny before (except for the Red Gyarados). I got a shiny starter when I played my first pokemon for the first time... It was a shiny bulbasaur, but I turned off the game without saving... I liked Charmander better, and didn't know what shiny meant

Likewise. Black Charizard is oodles of awesome. =P

Yea, too bad the Charmander I got after I reset my game wasn't shiny. Just a Red Charizard for me. By the way, are NPC's able to get shiny pokemon? Would've been funny to see Red with a shiny Charizard, Blastoise and Snorlax =P

Shiny Hariyama (I don't Count LoR Gyarados). I was panicking because the wild Hariyama in Victory Road usually blast you away with whirlwind, but, I ended up catching it.

Later that day, I ran into a Shiny Lairon, but it roared and forced me to flee.

@Feralligates: Not true. I ran into a Battle Tower NPC in I believe Fire Red and they had a shiny Espeon.

(Wait may have been in Crystal...)

I had a shiny Aggron once. Horrid IVs it had; I gave it to someone that didn't care about that as much as I do.

@Feralligates: Not true. I ran into a Battle Tower NPC in I believe Fire Red and they had a shiny Espeon.

(Wait may have been in Crystal...)

. But hey, I said "as far as I remember" after all; I can't bother myself to remember all of these details. =P

My first legit shiny was Eevee from Pokemon Leafgreen. I was resetting for a brave nature eevee when it appeared. Anyways, my current legit shiny is my Starter in Heartgold. Cyndaquil. Took me about 4 days of soft resetting to get. too much time. Never doing that again!

Edited by PowerlessSoul
Messed up.

My Shinies Journel

Way Back In The Kanto Region

Was In Pokemon Tower Battling Wild Pokemon (Back Then I Had Never Seen A Shiny Pokemon)

After I Got Bored I Headed For The Exit

Wild Battle Begin (GASTLY)

OMFG IT WAS A SHINY GASTLY =)

I Caught It The Gaslty had a Green Tail I Nicknamed It Shiny Gas

The Same Day I Was Just Left Of Cerulean City In A Grass Patch

Wild Battle Begin (SPEAROW)

Its A Shiny Spearow I captured It

I Evolved Spearow Into A Fearow

Now Fast Forwarding To My Third Ever Shiny In The Sinnoh Region (NOTE: I Had Already Restarted Fire Red And My Best Freind Sold It to my other freind)

August 4th 2010 Pokemon Platinum

I Was Fishing For A Staryu In Canalve And I Was About To Give Up Hope

When A Wild Fish Pokemon Battle Started

My Head Almost Hit The Roof It Was A Shiny Lumineon

I Couldnt Be Bothered Wasting My Pokeballs

So I Used My Master Ball (For all who think im being stupid I Got this Master Ball Of Wifi)

I Captured It And Nicknamed It Shiny Fin

That Is My Shinies Journal

• 4 weeks later...

Shiny Log~~~

Black Crabby in G/S/C

Reverse Colored Paras in FR/LG (Yellow shell, red spots)

Mint Treecko R/S/E (I did not SR for this, this is the shiny I am most proud of; I had just started over, and picked Treecko, when it happened))

Black Zubat R/S/E

Pink Stunky D/p/pt

I might have had more, can't remember really ^^ The shinies have been kind to me over the years.

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't get lucky enough until gen 3.5 (LG) when I got a shiny modest golbat whilst traversing the sevii islands. Neither me nor my brother had a shiny until then (he was jealous, but was burning out on pokemon).

Emerald Cloning + 2007 june trading = full pokedex easy, with other shinies too P:

Got lucky again with a shiny zubat in pearl. Why zubat D: Got a shiny Pachirisu with the radar before learning to dominate the PRNG...

my first shiny was a shiny whismur in emerald but sadly it was female and i didn't want to do much with it

btw is it true that shinyness is completely random never predetermined?

It's not random, it's all "predetermined" in stuff you can't directly see from the game. RNG is funnnnnn :)