Pokemon Perfect Platinum

Roland

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am considering starting a "Donate a DS and Flashcart" thread just so that I can further test this hack better and test the upcoming HG/SS hack better...

I have to spend $650 to fix my car which is essential for me to get to work (meaning I won't have money for a LONG time) or no hacking can be done cuz I won't have income to supply my housing... *sigh* the vicious cycles...

I am considering starting a "Donate a DS and Flashcart" thread just so that I can further test this hack better and test the upcoming HG/SS hack better...

thats a good idea

I have to spend $650 to fix my car which is essential for me to get to work (meaning I won't have money for a LONG time) or no hacking can be done cuz I won't have income to supply my housing... *sigh* the vicious cycles...

that sux

Well I managed to borrow the money, but seeing as how I only work part-time (although I am trying to pick up side gigs) at minimum wage, I'll probably be spending the next 4 months paying back the loan...

I don't know if SCV or any of the other site owners would be upset with such a thread though... I mean if they were, I could see why... It's certainly not a trend I would wanna start on this site!

Well I managed to borrow the money, but seeing as how I only work part-time (although I am trying to pick up side gigs) at minimum wage, I'll probably be spending the next 4 months paying back the loan...

I don't know if SCV or any of the other site owners would be upset with such a thread though... I mean if they were, I could see why... It's certainly not a trend I would wanna start on this site!

well thats true but you know you worked for it i mean doing this isnt easy and well we should help you out for giving us a great game to play i liked it its on my cart under favs :P

There is no need to buy a NDS & Flashcart, no$GBA allows way faster and thus more useful testing, especially with the accelerate function.

Possibly converting the ROM, loading up on SD, booting DS, starting the ROM, waiting in real game time for your ROM to get to the exact position where you want it at is completely unnecessary and only eats time.

I think you're just trying to get some money out of some 14-year old's pockets.

There is no need to buy a NDS & Flashcart, no$GBA allows way faster and thus more useful testing, especially with the accelerate function.

Possibly converting the ROM, loading up on SD, booting DS, starting the ROM, waiting in real game time for your ROM to get to the exact position where you want it at is completely unnecessary and only eats time.

well if thats your opinion, i think he could use the help, im broke or else id help

JePP, unlike you, I thoroughly test my hacks! And due to me being careful for each test I have avoided that nice chunk of bugs that you have sitting in your hack.

I spent 3 days trying to figure out why no$gba did not get a white screen of death and the flashcart did! And the reason it took so long: I'd have to wait for my partner to come online, then I'd have to send him the ROM so I didn't have 30 different patches... And I had to do this for each edit made that I could not walk my partner through!

I'm not trying to "get money" out of nobody. I'm just pointing out that I put a lot of effort into this hack and I am providing a venue for the community to give back so that I can provide better service in the future.

I even intend on scanning and uploading the receipts for the ds and flashcart once I purchase them to show those that donated that their generosity was not in vain.

Any extra funds would be turned back to the community towards site upgrades, and I may possibly pay someone a few bucks to make a flash pokédex to accompany my hacks. (an idea I have had for quite sometime but haven't had the time to do it)

just started perfect platinum CE, should be fun, but the first fight should have been possible to win, hard is one thing, but going up against a lvl 89 with a lvl 5!?!, lol even lvl 10 against lvl 5 would have been hard enough, are all the trainers lvls so high? if they are then i guess the idea is to go back for them later.

looks like im gonna have to grind my way through sinnoh this time!

There was a mistake with Rotom's Forms, I have now corrected it. Please re-download the new version in order to use Rotom's forms. The GBATemp Mirror's are currently down but all other's should work fine.

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

just started perfect platinum CE, should be fun, but the first fight should have been possible to win, hard is one thing, but going up against a lvl 89 with a lvl 5!?!, lol even lvl 10 against lvl 5 would have been hard enough, are all the trainers lvls so high? if they are then i guess the idea is to go back for them later.

looks like im gonna have to grind my way through sinnoh this time!

Wait what!? He should be level 6 dude! try restarting... are you using any AR codes? Ar codes have been known to randomly wreak havoc on the levels...

I have a very beautiful save file in CE and he is definitely lvl 6...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh, about the Member Card, Oak's Letter and Azure Flute, why don't you include ARDS codes in a .txt file?

That way, people would still get the Member Card, Oak's Letter and Azure Flute and activate the events.

As for the Gracidea, Flower Paradise Shaymin has Fateful Encounter, so that is not a problem.

For Regigigas, if you could find a way to get a Fateful Encounter Regigigas being traded to you from an in-game trade, it would solve the problem.

Oh, about the Member Card, Oak's Letter and Azure Flute, why don't you include ARDS codes in a .txt file?

That way, people would still get the Member Card, Oak's Letter and Azure Flute and activate the events.

As for the Gracidea, Flower Paradise Shaymin has Fateful Encounter, so that is not a problem.

For Regigigas, if you could find a way to get a Fateful Encounter Regigigas being traded to you from an in-game trade, it would solve the problem.

The ARDS codes are not needed, you can get every item in-game and activate every event... (does no one read the first post...?) And as for the fateful encounter Regi, I circumvented the need for it entirely...

On another note, I really wish I would receive my damn e-mail updates again...

• 3 weeks later...
The ARDS codes are not needed, you can get every item in-game and activate every event... (does no one read the first post...?) And as for the fateful encounter Regi, I circumvented the need for it entirely...

On another note, I really wish I would receive my damn e-mail updates again...

Didn't you say you had trouble getting them to work?