Which Starter Are You Going To Choose?  

360 members have voted

1. 1. Which Starter Are You Going To Choose?

• Chikorita
    • Cyndaquil
    • Totodile

Leaving the first gen aside(Simply because I'd choose all the first gen starters any day), the best Grass I like is Sceptile, best fire is Infernape(Empoleon is good but Infernape kicks @$$) and the best water would be Feraligatr!

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been playing Pokemon for what, 10 years now so I'm pretty sure I can be called a veteran. But as said before, I'm choosing the quote-on-quote "Spunky Plant" Chikorita. Chikorita is so cute and Bayleef is completely awesome. Then you get Meganium which is hands down the best final GRASS EVOLUTION out of all of the starters.

GRASS: Meganium > Sceptile > Torterra > Venasaur

FIRE: Typhlosion > Charizard > Blaziken > Infernape

WATER: Blastoise > Feraligatr > Empoleon > Swampert

I've been playing Pokemon for what, 10 years now so I'm pretty sure I can be called a veteran. But as said before, I'm choosing the quote-on-quote "Spunky Plant" Chikorita. Chikorita is so cute and Bayleef is completely awesome. Then you get Meganium which is hands down the best final GRASS EVOLUTION out of all of the starters.

Everyone has their opinion. I in fact like Sceptile, the first's Pokemon i ever owned's evolution.

Erm, actually it goes like this.

GRASS: Sceptile > Venusaur =? Torterra > Meganium

FIRE: Infernape > Blaziken > Charizard > Typhlosion

WATER: Swampert > Feraligatr > Empoleon =? Blastoise

This is speaking competitive wise, but Grass starters were hard to rate... but Meganium is indeed the worst one unfortunately :(

EDIT: Oh, it was about preferences? I can't judge you on that, that's all subjective! :D

Edited by wraith89

Erm, actually it goes like this.

GRASS: Sceptile > Venusaur > Torterra > Meganium

FIRE: Infernape > Charizard > Blaziken > Typhlosion

WATER: Swampert > Feraligatr > Empoleon > Blastoise

This is speaking competitive wise, but Grass starters were hard to rate... but Meganium is indeed the worst one unfortunately :(

If you ask me Blastoise is before Empoleon. Id rather take Squirtle to begin with than Piplup the peppy penguin... And so i do.

If you ask me Blastoise is before Empoleon. Id rather take Squirtle to begin with than Piplup the peppy penguin... And so i do.

It's not about preferences... it's about who's better competitively. I use Blastoise myself and he does well... but unfortunately Blastoise is outclassed by many other waters who does his job better... AND can double up as other roles...

It's not about preferences... it's about who's better competitively. I use Blastoise myself and he does well... but unfortunately Blastoise is outclassed by many other waters who does his job better... AND can double up as other roles...

Sadly i am well aware of that point. But this is my opinion only.

Sadly i am well aware of that point. But this is my opinion only.

Yeah, I only realized now that that whole comparison thing was about preferences, so it is subjective. :P

So you think Chikorita can handle this game? I LOL at the fact trainers still use level 7-9 Pokemon even until the second gym Azalea town. :P

Why do you LOL at that? I think they should find a way to ditch levels but still have Pokémon grow.

Heh... this game was too easy. After Goldenrod was a trainer with a... *gasp* a level 2 Voltorb! The underleveled Pokemon was a serious issue for me... it's as if this game needed a harder difficulty like you said. I don't know... the easiness and the brevity of this game turned me off a bit.

BUT... for some reason, GSC is my favorite series, I think. I don't know why... it is SO fun despite its shortcomings.

Cyndaquil. And that is only because I ALWAYS picked him in the GSC games. Use to be my favorite pokemon for a while too.

EDIT:

You missed out, big time. Playing that game at 11-12 years old was a blast.

Agreed. It was the last pokemon game people enjoyed around my neighborhood/school. After those 3 everyone ignored pokemon and bashed it just because they didn't like the anime or something.

I think Nintendo is extremely biased towards fire. Have you noticed that Typhlosion has the highest speed and Special Attack stats out of all three starters, and that those stats are the most useful for an ingame pokemon? Meganium has mediocre defensive stats and bad everything else, whilst Feraligatr has okay attack and def, while his other stats suffer. For ingame purposes, all of them will work.

I think with the physical split, Feraligatr will be the most powerful starter. With physical Waterfall and Ice Punch, along with Dragon Dance and Swords Dance, he will be undeniably powerful. Typhlosion has a large movepool but probably won't be as strong as Feraligatr.

Then again, Nintendo could work some magic with movesets and somehow turn Meganium into a monster, so we really don't know much at this point.

I think Nintendo is extremely biased towards fire. Have you noticed that Typhlosion has the highest speed and Special Attack stats out of all three starters, and that those stats are the most useful for an ingame pokemon? Meganium has mediocre defensive stats and bad everything else, whilst Feraligatr has okay attack and def, while his other stats suffer. For ingame purposes, all of them will work.

I think with the physical split, Feraligatr will be the most powerful starter. With physical Waterfall and Ice Punch, along with Dragon Dance and Swords Dance, he will be undeniably powerful. Typhlosion has a large movepool but probably won't be as strong as Feraligatr.

Then again, Nintendo could work some magic with movesets and somehow turn Meganium into a monster, so we really don't know much at this point.

Illithian, you've read my mind :eek: