Lickitung could learn rollout before Gen 4, but we still didn't have a LickiLicky. =P

Needless to say, the system has its flaws and not everything can be perfect. I assume the dex will be the original 251 Johto Dex, but unlike FRLG, they won't stop you from evolving your Pokemon if they have an evolution. Granted I'm not saying they will GIVE you a Dusk Stone to evolve you Murkrow pre-National Dex, but they just won't prevent evolution if you happen to obtain one from a trade.

I mean, from the looks of things, its not like you can't trade with DPPt right off the bat. They're promoting trading the Arceus, Jirachi and Pikachu-Colored Pichu to HGSS, so I don't see why they would restrict you from the beginning.

Yeah, I also don't think they'd do some wannabe story like in FRLG where you had to get the ruby and sapphire or something....

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My apologies for not keeping up with the confirmed information updates in the first post. I've been pretty busy with real life and translating official website stuff for the PP main site. Basically 99% of the stuff that has been confirmed recently has been translated and fenzo has added it to the HGSS sections of the main site.

Please check it out if you have time or want the info, especially the Arceus and Pichu event pages (which includes the details of Jagged-ear Pichu.... moveset, etc). ;)

http://projectpokemon.org/games/heartgoldsoulsilver/

Also, the article says that it hasn't been confirmed if Pichu joins your party or not, but due to the terms used by the hosts of the shows in the videos that have been released, I'm pretty sure it does join your party.

The game displays a message saying that "Jagged-ear Pichu became your partner!" and the hosts say that it (literally) "enters your hand." Which I'm fairly certain is the term used for describing on-hand Pokemon, ie, your party.

For those of you who are two lazy to check the link, the moveset was revealed to be:

Helping Hand

Volt Tackle

Swagger

Pain Split

It was also shown to be at level 30 and female.

Level 30 is the same level as Pikachu color Pichu (for those not paying attention), and Jagged-ear Pichu is female in the anime (for those of you not paying attention to the anime, like me).

I really haven't paid any attention to the main site's articles, since the few I did read had the same wrong information found on other sites as well, namely the Shaymin and Gracidea article on the Platinum page. That bottom paragraph is full of so much wrongness. lol

The Arceus article is wrong as well, since you have to take the Arceus to the Ruins of Alph in order to activate the event at the Shinto Ruins, wherever they may be.

I dunno about everyone else, but I'm a bit bored in the news lull. Sure we can speculate, but I want confirmed info. lol

That's why I was helping with translations from official sources. To help keep facts straight. I can't vouch for the Gracidea page, unfortunately. The correct information is out there, just... not on that page.

But as for the Arceus event, it's been updated by fenzo using stuff that was taken from the HGSS official site and video releases from Oha Suta and Pokemon Sunday, so that is completely accurate now.

The Arceus information still isn't a 100% correct, even going off the few details we know.

This is whats on the page:

In order to activate the in-game event and receive one of the three legends, you must bring your Arceus to the "Shinto Ruins". When you arrive there, a man will approach you and ask: "Is this the Pokemon from Sinnoh called Arceus?!". He will then allow you to enter the shrine, and it is here that the player meets Cynthia. There is an exchange of words and then Arceus steps into the center of the design on the floor. This causes several Unown to appear in a swarm. An egg then appears and begins to crack. Inside the egg is one of the three legendary Pokémon.

And it should be more like this:

In order to activate the in-game event and receive one of the three legends, you must bring your Arceus to the Ruins of Alph. When you arrive there, a man will approach you and ask: "Is this the Pokemon from Sinnoh called Arceus?!". This will activate the event at the shrine in the Shinto Ruins, and it is here that the player meets Cynthia. There is an exchange of words and then Arceus steps into the center of the design on the floor. This causes several Unown to appear in a swarm. An egg then appears and begins to crack. Inside the egg is one of the three legendary Pokémon.

The Oha Suta video clearly showed the man talking about Arceus in the Ruins of Alph, but the Shinto Ruins are clearly in a snowy location.

As for the Shaymin page, it just needs to be cleared up in that final paragraph that the Platinum Shaymin obtained from an Oak's Letter will activate the Gracidea event, as it has a fateful encounter tag, and that only those with fateful encounter tags can transform into the Sky form. Trying to use the Gracidea on a Flower Paradise Shaymin from Diamond or Pearl is useless.

I'm not being technically picky, wrong information is what confuses people.

Arceus has to be taken to the Ruins of Alph first, its obvious:

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/1426/shinto.png

As for the Shaymin article, the last paragraph is just wrong. You can use an Oak's Letter Shaymin if caught on Platinum, and not all Shaymin can transform (Granted all legitimately obtained ones are able to, but for those that hacked the Oak's Letter in Diamond and Pearl its a different story.) Saying so is just spreading wrong information of the Serebii caliber.

I know the Shaymin article is wrong, and I agree with you 100% on that. In fact, I think I said that already. I had nothing to do with that article and I'm not defending it. There's no excuse for that incorrect information.

I know that you have to bring Arceus to the Ruins of Alph, but that location in the Ruins of Alph IS the Shinto Ruins. Do we really need to note down EVERY step? While we're at it, should we say that FIRST you have to bring Arceus to Violet City? And then you have to bring Arceus to either Route 32 or 36? And THEN you have to bring it to the Ruins of Alph? And THEN bring it to the Shinto Ruins?

It's unnecessary.

There is no proof that the Shinto Ruins are anywhere near the Ruins of Alph. How is there snow on the Shinto temple but not anywhere near the Alph ruins? I doubt there is that big of a temperature change within the small area the Ruins of Alph takes up.

While its unnecessary to list ALL the steps, its seems at least logical to list the events trigger area as well as the place the event takes place.

Well maby there a cave you can go trough (kind of like digllet cave in fire red) that takes you away from ruins of alpha to some where where few people have been and its shinto ruins?

Also how do you get the dragon orbs in these games i think the orbs if you get them in this game determine on which dragon you chose like you chose giratina and later some point you get the grisous orb (like from an old man who has been to the torn world?)

I wonder what about shaymin and rotom none of the new formes are tradeable so how would we go about geting them?

the game would still be cool but without the new forms it wouldent be all that good for team building for me.

Wait... I was under the impression that the place where the player speaks to the man in the Ruins of Alph was the entrance into the Shinto Ruins.

Is that different from what you are thinking?

I was under the impression that the Shinto Ruins are in some other part of the region, and that the Ruins of Alph mini event just allows you access to the temple where ever they actually are.

shinto.png

If you look, you can see the first screen shot is clearly in the Ruins of Alph, and the man you are talking to about Arceus is one of the scientist in that little house doing Unown research. The only other exits we know of in the area are the north and east exits onto the joining routes, and the entrances into the ruins, as well as the entrance leading to the Dark Cave. Now, they COULD add another exit or something, but I don't think so. And I guess Arceus could just teleport you , being almighty and stuff. But Gamefreak likes to make us work for stuff.

The next three shots you see the place where you go to get one of the Dragon Trio, the Shinto Ruins. In the first picture the player and Arceus are walking a path with a house to the right of them, as well as SNOW EVERYWHERE. I don't know about you, but I can't see snow anywhere around the Ruins of Alph, the only things there are a couple of joining routes, Violet, Goldenrod, Azalea, and the National Park, none of which seem like good candidates for snow. As for the Shinto Ruins themselves, while it looks like the Ruin of Alph buildings, its a different color, and out front you see the broken pillars similar to those at the Sky Pillar.

My best guess of where the Shinto Ruins are would be Blackthorn, Mt. Silver, or a new area, based on the cold climate. Maybe somewhere in Kanto, but I really doubt that.

Edited by wraith89

Hmmmm...

When I looked at the map of the Ruins of Alph, I assume the little house shown in the HGSS picture was not the same as the one where they were doing the research. It looked like it was added in and was an extra house.

Ruins_of_Alph.PNG

But it's possible it was just a layout re-arrangement... and come to think of it, I'm not sure why a house would have an entrance into the Shinto Ruins. I guess it looked like it could have been a shrine or something. And come to think of it, that man isn't really standing in front of the doorway of that house either.

So now I'm not sure. I'm gonna have to re-watch that video and listen closely to what the hosts are saying, but there might not be any more detail to be found.

Sorry if this has been covered (I haven't had the liberty to read the latest few pages) but I wonder if the pokemon walking behind you can gather items like the pokemon behind you in Amity Square? I know it's stated in the HG/SS page on the main website that they can pick up items, but what about fashion case items as well?

Sorry if this has been covered (I haven't had the liberty to read the latest few pages) but I wonder if the pokemon walking behind you can gather items like the pokemon behind you in Amity Square? I know it's stated in the HG/SS page on the main website that they can pick up items, but what about fashion case items as well?

The official site had a caption (of the picture of walking with Wobbuffett) that said that they can find Accessories.

Which.... I guess is fashion case stuff?

I watched the Arceus video again.

They don't give a LOT of detail, but it really seems to me like the Shinto Ruins is in the Ruins of Alph.

The only thing the guy says about that part of the video is: "Okay, so he's got Arceus, right? If you do that, and you go to the Ruins of Alph, the way will open to the place called the Shinto Ruins."

So... it DOES sound like it is a necessary step, but it still sounds to me like the Shinto Ruins are IN the Ruins of Alph somewhere (most likely not through that house, though). Also, the presence of Unown in the event makes me believe that it's in the Ruins of Alph even more. BUT, it doesn't say it for certain, I guess it really could be anywhere. I'm thinking that scientist (or whatever he is) probably guides you or tells you where to find the entrance.

Last week on Pokemon Sunday, they covered all of the topics that were revealed on Oha Suta that week... except the Arceus event. They had one treasure chest topic leftover by the time the episode ended and they said they'd get to it next time. My guess is that it was about the Arceus event, so perhaps tomorrow's episode of Pokemon Sunday will reveal a little more detail on this subject.

Then again, we may just have to wait.... :(

I don't think anybody is sure about that Okami. The Pokemon will probably only pick up items like potions and antidotes. Besides, we don't even know if there will be contests in this game anyways.

Yes we do Floot, in ecrureak (whatever!) town it has a contest hall, it showed in the pic

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

Well maby there a cave you can go trough (kind of like digllet cave in fire red) that takes you away from ruins of alpha to some where where few people have been and its shinto ruins?

Maybe in the house, the guy has been digging a tunnell, which will lead you into shinto ruins.

Also, since seeing that pic of shinto ruins, i think rock climb will be in the game

I hate events

What a contribution to the the discussion.

And sorry wraith, I have a widescreen monitor set on the max resolution. I forget how much space stuff takes up even when it takes up so little on mine.

Guested, if you look at the few Ruins of Alph pictures and videos we've had, they look like they have had a rather huge overhaul. Since they are now actually RUINS, instead of just caves, it looks like they reorganized for a better visual presentation... not the way I was trying to say that, but I'm sure you get what I mean.

I really think that is the research house, and the Shinto Ruins are in an alternate area. The snow is the real proof point here anyway. If there was any real proof for both ruins being in the same spot, I'd be more than willing to concede the point, but the evidence is just way to against it at this point.

Yeah, I've seen the ruins and I think the re-design is pretty cool. So that probably is the research house.

I'm thinking you might be right that Shinto Ruins are in a different place, but... I still don't understand the connection with the Ruins of Alph if they aren't near each other... It seems strange that they'd reveal it this way, this early before the release...

I guess there's just not enough info yet for me to really be able to decide either way. I wonder if anything better will be on Pokemon Sunday tomorrow...