ATTENTION: Web Injection Patched in 9.5.0-23 (March 2nd) System Update

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will there be any any alternatives in the future to use for injection?

1. Don't update your 3DS beyond 9.5.0-22.

2. Use an out of date console (or buy one).

3. Use a friend who has an out of date console.

There are no other public exploits for firmware newer than 9.5.0-22.

Will you guys be ABLE to update this so nintendo will no longer be able to patch until later on in the new releases?

Nintendo always has next to full control of their consoles, and anything can change between firmware versions.

Is this the end?

Only for 0.9.5.0-22

Are you giving up?

I'm sure 3DS hackers will continue working. But it might take a while, as Nintendo has relatively good security.

Everyone wants to know how and when will this comeback to us the Pokemon FREEDOM

Freedom to cheat, but freedom nevertheless. I'm guilty of it, but if the update was made to patch these exploits, then there's no point in bashing them for it. Prevent cheating and whatnot.

I haven't updated my 2 XLs since 9.2, and I won't because of Gateway, so this doesn't affect me. A patch for ORAS/XY would though.

It's never going away; un-updated systems will still be able to use Web Browser injection. The exploit was released by a flashcart manufacturer to serve as an entrypoint to play pirated games; the gaming community merely reverse engineered it to allow for console RAM editing.

Don't expect it to come back for current firmwares... the whole point of having a console that updates itself is to patch bugs and vulnerabilities.

<offtopic>

You seriously think Zygarde has enough background ? That's hardly if the idea of balance between Xerneas and Yveltal has been talked of in th games. And AZ? The great War? We don't know a thing about them, there is room for another story here.

Furthermore, AZ's floette has not been distributed yet and I don't hink they will do it in ORAS series. Idem for volcanion, who will probably be distributed for the next pokemon film, which is not before next year. They need to keep up the sixth generation alive until then.

And there also was a thing with the 6G pentagon mark, which is made to appear for games with ID between 24 and 29. XYORAS got IDs 24 to 27 so they can make up to 2 more 6G games.

</offtopic>

I'm on 7.2.0-4E on my old 3ds. Is the injection working on version 7 of the firmware? If not, is it possible to update to version 9 safely?

It works only for 9.0 to 9.5-22 firmwares. If 9.5-23 isn't out in your area, then you can update to 9.5-22 normally. I don't know if there are other ways to upgrade your 3DS than through the official update process :S

Would it be possible, in the future, to inject game updates via this exploit?

If it could be, would projectpokemon's team try to do it or it's not in your interests?

This exploit allows RAM modifications only. In pokemon for example, you need to save if you want your modifications to be permanent. Else they disappear when you quit the game.

3DS firmware update needs you to reboot so I don't think it would be possible for now.

If someone finds how to do that though, it will probably be spread ;)

A quick note: if you've accidentally downloaded the update via spotpass, and it nags you to update every 24 hours or so, you can boot your system in recovery mode. To do so,

1) Make sure the system is off.

2) Turn it on. (DO NOT WAIT FOR THE HOME SCREEN TO SHOW UP)

3) Immediately hold down the shoulder buttons (L and R), the Up button on the d-pad, and the A button. You don't need to hold it for more than a second or two - the system will not proceed until you let them go.

4) A screen should show up asking you to update via the internet. Select "cancel."

5) The system will turn off.

And just like that, no more update nag!

As for the patch, I'm surprised it didn't get pushed out sooner. As soon as the QR code stuff hit Kotaku, you *knew* that the countdown had started, assuming it hadn't already.

Okey, I haven't use the web injection because I wanted to see if they will patch it

I have my 3DS on 9.5-22 and probably I will buy a New 3DS so I can have this on 9.5-22 for the rest of my life the question is can I have on both of them my NNID, Pokebank and everything linked or I have to delink from my old to link the new one so I can use them? Any other problem maybe? Thanks in advance

A quick note: if you've accidentally downloaded the update via spotpass, and it nags you to update every 24 hours or so, you can boot your system in recovery mode. To do so,

1) Make sure the system is off.

2) Turn it on. (DO NOT WAIT FOR THE HOME SCREEN TO SHOW UP)

3) Immediately hold down the shoulder buttons (L and R), the Up button on the d-pad, and the A button. You don't need to hold it for more than a second or two - the system will not proceed until you let them go.

4) A screen should show up asking you to update via the internet. Select "cancel."

5) The system will turn off.

And just like that, no more update nag!

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!